Football Mythbusters

biggie.

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

The most doesn’t mean that Tom Brady isn’t seeing a substantial amount of roughing the passer calls lol. 

Wrong again!!!!

Despite playing the most amount of games, Brady has a very low average on a per game basis. Josh Allen leads that category.

The claim that Tom Brady gets all of the roughing the passer calls has been DEBUNKED.

Edited by biggie.

11 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Wrong again!!!!

Despite playing the most amount of games, Brady has a very low average on a per game basis. Josh Allen leads that category.

The claim that Tom Brady gets all of the roughing the passer calls has been DEBUNKED.

I think you’re taking the word “all” way too literally here. Anyways, shouldn’t you be prepping to play the Chiefs right now and not worrying about what the NFL fan base thinks of you? 😂

Edited by Nick_gb

16 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I think you’re taking the word “all” way too literally here. Anyways, shouldn’t you be prepping to play the Chiefs right now and not worrying about what the NFL fan base thinks of you? 😂

Should we pretend that you are Brady Quinn? Is that how this works?

8 hours ago, biggie. said:

Ever hear common claims that are actually busted?

For example, people claim Tom Brady gets all the roughing the passer calls. In reality, RYAN FITZPATRICK has benefited from the call the most.

Big, we could add about 20 Brady related ones to this. Let's give them a day off :D

I'll go with....

Home Field Advantage - The % of home wins is just over 50%. This can be accounted for with on-field performance. If HFA was truly as powerful as it's made out, the winning % would be massive and poorer teams routinely knock off better teams in their house. It's rare.

Rivalries - There are no rivalries in the NFL anymore. I wouldn't be able to work out whether a Ravens fan would root for us or Pittsburgh in an AFC CG. I wouldn't be able to work out if a Broncos fan would root for KC or Tampa in this superbowl because they are 'sick of Brady'. If you look at other sports, you'd find what a rivalry actually is. Celtic vs Rangers in soccer, for example, the city of Glasgow is shut down and police are mobilised across the infrastructure. Religion is also involved. 

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, biggie. said:

Ever hear common claims that are actually busted?

For example, people claim Tom Brady gets all the roughing the passer calls. In reality, RYAN FITZPATRICK has benefited from the call the most.

Yeah, using this chart doesn't make sense. Matt Ryan has the 2nd most calls since 2009. However, he is 21st in per 100 drop backs and 11th in per game Roughing calls. However, Ryan takes some shots that don't even come close to drawing flags. He probably gets hit rougher than most other QBs back there. How he's still living is insane. Then again, he's only the 3rd most sacked QB of the last 12 years.

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Big, we could add about 20 Brady related ones to this. Let's give them a day off :D

I'll go with....

Home Field Advantage - The % of home wins is just over 50%. This can be accounted for with on-field performance. If HFA was truly as powerful as it's made out, the winning % would be massive and poorer teams routinely knock off better teams in their house. It's rare.

Rivalries - There are no rivalries in the NFL anymore. I wouldn't be able to work out whether a Ravens fan would root for us or Pittsburgh in an AFC CG. I wouldn't be able to work out if a Broncos fan would root for KC or Tampa in this superbowl because they are 'sick of Brady'. If you look at other sports, you'd find what a rivalry actually is. Celtic vs Rangers in soccer, for example, the city of Glasgow is shut down and police are mobilised across the infrastructure. Religion is also involved. 

Bruh. Have you never seen Falcons and Saints fans interact?

28 minutes ago, scar988 said:
6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Bruh. Have you never seen Falcons and Saints fans interact?

Yeah I dont know about this one. That Eagles show on Amazon, they literally dedicated an entire episode to talk about how much they hate the Cowboys.