2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, if you believe in Jordan Love, is it not possible that people think that Jordan Love PLUS multiple FRPs PLUS the ~$30M in cap space gives the Packers a better option to win?

Change that if to a when and I'm on board. My view is simple. There is no way to know right now what the Packers have in Love. Literally no way. He is second string by default. Moving on to him "just because" is lunacy. Like I said before, Gute will be scouting punters in North Dakota if he trades Rodgers while playing at a high level and Love busts. Would you bet your career on it ? Doubtful. It's easy to be brave behind a keyboard

Edited by cannondale

Just now, cannondale said:

Change that if to a when and I'm on board. My view is simple. There is no way to know right now what the Packers have in Love. Literally no way. He is second string by default. Moving on to him "just because" is lunacy. Like I said before, Gute will be scouting punters in North Dakota if he trades Rodgers while playing at a high level and Love busts. Would you bet your career on it ? Doubtful.

You're telling me that the coaching staff has ZERO idea of what they have in Love right now?  Not what you think you know.  What the coaching staff thinks they know.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Did the Packers not have a SINGLE practice last year?  Did they not spend time working with him?  Or did the 2020 season not happen?

C'mon. No training camp, zoom call learning, and he received third string reps, which means next to none. Nagler broke down the reps one day and third string reps equate to getting put in the last 30 seconds of a basketball game. 

Edited by cannondale

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

C'mon. No training camp, zoom call learning, and he received third string reps, which means next to none. Nagler broke down the reps one day and third string reps equate to getting put in the last 30 seconds of a basketball game. 

So someone who has absolutely ZERO access to practices, chalkboard sessions, etc. knows more than our coaching staff?  Good to know.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So someone who has absolutely ZERO access to practices, chalkboard sessions, etc. knows more than our coaching staff?  Good to know.

Now you know why I said what I said. Everyone just wants to wish things to fruition. I believe he did have limited access to certain days of practice. Regardless if it's last year or a previous year, he does know how the practices are run. The amount of reps are pretty much a standard thing. Getting frustrated at me isn't gonna change anything. You act as if I'm making this **** up

Edited by cannondale

Now you know why I said what I said. Everyone just wants to wish things to fruition. I believe he did have limited access to certain days of practice. Regardless if it's last year or a previous year, he does know how the practices are run. The amount of reps are pretty much a standard thing. Getting frustrated at me isn't gonna change anything

Why would the coaching staff give more snaps for QB2 (Boyle) who the Packers' FO and coaching staff KNEW wasn't part of the Packers' future?  There's no logic in that.  Best case you could argue is that the "extra" snaps were split 50/50 between Boyle and Love, and I'd argue that those "extra" snaps were hedged in Love's favor.

48 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why would the coaching staff give more snaps for QB2 (Boyle) who the Packers' FO and coaching staff KNEW wasn't part of the Packers' future?  There's no logic in that.  Best case you could argue is that the "extra" snaps were split 50/50 between Boyle and Love, and I'd argue that those "extra" snaps were hedged in Love's favor.

Ummmmmm. Maybe because he's the backup quarterback and is first off the bench if Rodgers goes down ?? A bit scary that you can't wrap your head around that. MLF prepared to win football games. Believe what you want to believe. Doesn't bother me. But don't act as if I'm making sh*t up. And from all indications Boyle was QB2 and it wasn't even close. You are literally arguing based on wishful thinking.

Edited by cannondale

Ummmmmm. Maybe because he's the backup quarterback and is first off the bench if Rodgers goes down ?? Believe what you want to believe. Doesn't bother me. But don't act as if I'm making sh*t up

You literally are.  You're making nothing but assumptions based on someone who may or may not have access.  If Tim Boyle was our starting QB in 2022, the Packers are screwed.  There's no way around it.

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You literally are.  You're making nothing but assumptions based on someone who may or may not have access.  If Tim Boyle was our starting QB in 2022, the Packers are screwed.  There's no way around it.

I'm literally not. I fully admitted that I didn't recall if it was last year or the year before. I believe it was last year. Go watch his videos. QB2 isn't for decoration. This is all pretty standard stuff. I'm actually shocked that you are bewildered. Don't ask if you are gonna default to liar liar pants on fire. I mean, chalkboard sessions ?? Really ??

Edited by cannondale

2 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Considered by who? Mock drafters? 

Miami had Gus Frerotte.

Browns Trent Diler.

Bucs Chris Simms.

Titans has Steve McNair, who was at his end. 

Cardinals had Kurt Warner, who had just come off three straight abysmal seasons. At that time, they needed a QB.

Washington passed on Rodgers at #9 only to turn and take Jason Campbell at #25.

Lions were going into Year 4 of Joey Harrington. 

All of these teams picked Top 10, all needed a QB. Not only did none of them move up for Rodgers, they all passed on him at their slots. If Rodgers was truly in the discussion for #1 someone would've made a move to go get him. His mechanics needed a total overhaul, he had the Tedford stigma, and he came with an attitude. The only ones saying he was going #1 were mock draft outlets trying to pump out fresh content. The results show he wasn't anywhere near the conversation for #1.

True. It drives me crazy when people say he fell because nobody needed a QB. That's just false.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

You mean, the game where he went 18-26 for 201 passing yards with 1 TD and 0 INT?  I really don't remember being that game being one where Rodgers "lit it up" by any standard.  I remember, Favre being terribad in that game, and he was "benched" and Rodgers played solidly.  But nothing in that game indicated to me he was the future HoF QB.

I don't care what the stats showed. He played well in that game. That was the game where I thought this guy has a chance. Plenty of wow throws and he showed a lot of escapability. That Dallas team went 13-3 and had a really solid defense (Wade Phillips). Favre went 5 for 14 with 2 interceptions in that game.

5 hours ago, TheEagle said:

I don't care what the stats showed. He played well in that game. That was the game where I thought this guy has a chance. Plenty of wow throws and he showed a lot of escapability. That Dallas team went 13-3 and had a really solid defense (Wade Phillips). Favre went 5 for 14 with 2 interceptions in that game.

Yah it was his coming out party.  Completely outplayed Farve.  Remember it well.  Any Packer fan watching that game had to stand up and take notice.  CWOOD cmon man maybe you didn't see that game.  Yes Rodgers did light it up.  Never forget Farve's face on the sidelines.  Knew right then he was going to be good.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Considered by who? Mock drafters? 

Miami had Gus Frerotte.

Browns Trent Diler.

Bucs Chris Simms.

Titans has Steve McNair, who was at his end. 

Cardinals had Kurt Warner, who had just come off three straight abysmal seasons. At that time, they needed a QB.

Washington passed on Rodgers at #9 only to turn and take Jason Campbell at #25.

Lions were going into Year 4 of Joey Harrington. 

All of these teams picked Top 10, all needed a QB. Not only did none of them move up for Rodgers, they all passed on him at their slots. If Rodgers was truly in the discussion for #1 someone would've made a move to go get him. His mechanics needed a total overhaul, he had the Tedford stigma, and he came with an attitude. The only ones saying he was going #1 were mock draft outlets trying to pump out fresh content. The results show he wasn't anywhere near the conversation for #1.

Hey that was the chatter at the time.  I watched that draft did you?  It was either Rodgers or Smith to SF #1.  He was absolutely in the converstation right up to draft day.  Those teams you listed didn't AT THE TIME didn't feel the need to draft a QB.  You are looking back.  His fall was probably the biggest in NFL history.  Nobody expected it.  Watched every pick remember Chris Berman and Mel Kiper talking about possible landing spots for Rodgers.  Most teams picking before us thought they were set.  You are just flat out wrong.