2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

23 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

No premium picks. A guy we DIDN'T acquire. And a vet minimum guy who barely played? 

That's making a commitment to improving the IDL?

When you have Clark, it's not really that necessary. Like having Adams at WR, be great to have a stud #2 but I'm not going to go out of my way using resources to get it.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

When you have Clark, it's not really that necessary. Like having Adams at WR, be great to have a stud #2 but I'm not going to go out of my way using resources to get it.

As TT used to say, You’re one ankle  away from no Clark or Adams. 

Edited by Arthur Penske

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You and I couldn't disagree more on this. 

Well then I think you're looking at this in an "ideal world" situation. We're not 40m under the cap, we're 20-25 over. Our resources are very limited. We have 3 quality edge players and one elite DL, so the subpackage is set. We're going to lose our starting CB, C, RB most likely, which makes CB the #1 need, could use another OL. As for the DL, if you can get a good one for a bargain in FA or one falls in the draft, I'm all for it, but this year I'm not setting out in the off-season using big resources there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Well then I think you're looking at this in an "ideal world" situation. We're not 40m under the cap, we're 20-25 over. Our resources are very limited. We have 3 quality edge players and one elite DL, so the subpackage is set. We're going to lose our starting CB, C, RB most likely, which makes CB the #1 need, could use another OL. As for the DL, if you can get a good one for a bargain in FA or one falls in the draft, I'm all for it, but this year I'm not setting out in the off-season using big resources there.

There's going to be some restructuring of contracts, cutting of some dead weight contracts and fringe  players plus losing some guys to other teams for bigger money.  Many other teams will have the same situation if not worse.  Gute has already mentioned he'll be looking for vets released, etc to fill spots this year.   Don't think they'll be breaking the bank to do so but to not look and fill spots this year solely due to they can't afford it is not prudent.