2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

24 minutes ago, Cheesehead430 said:

Watt will go to a contender on a cheaper deal. 

Hard to imagine him not going to GB or Pitt. 

Add Tampa to that list.  He wants to chase a ring.  They have money.  And no state income tax in Florida.

1A/1B Tampa/Pittsburgh

3 Green Bay

That's probably the 3 he will really look at.

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Add Tampa to that list.  He wants to chase a ring.  They have money.  And no state income tax in Florida.

1A/1B Tampa/Pittsburgh

3 Green Bay

That's probably the 3 he will really look at.

Win a ring with your homestate team vs tampa? Come on. I'd probably put Pitt ahead of GB though.

Pitt/GB

TB

Edited by Arthur Penske

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I offer him 1/4 with some incentives that maybe take it up to 6m.

If he passes at that, he's not ring chasing he's cash chasing and I wish him good luck wherever he goes.

Lol, I mean, you're offering him less than Dean Lowry money? 

We signed Peppers to a 3 year, $26m deal when he was in his mid-30s. Didn't have the injury history Watt has, but you're probably looking at something similar to get Watt, preferably back loaded with a small cap number in 2021. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Lol, I mean, you're offering him less than Dean Lowry money? 

We signed Peppers to a 3 year, $26m deal when he was in his mid-30s. Didn't have the injury history Watt has, but you're probably looking at something similar to get Watt, preferably back loaded with a small cap number in 2021. 

Yup, we're 25 mil over the cap dude, remember? I'm not cutting half the team to sign the corpse of JJ Watt who probably has a year or two left. 

He's either ring chasing or he can play elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yup, we're 25 mil over the cap dude, remember? I'm not cutting half the team to sign the corpse of JJ Watt who probably has a year or two left. 

He's either ring chasing or he can play elsewhere.

As I stated in my earlier post, which would you rather have: 

Preston + Lowry     or       Watt 

They'll cost about the same, maybe even a little less for Watt, in 2021. 

I think it's a tough call either way. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

I dont think cutting those guys for Watt makes us better. It's adding him in addition to that does.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I dont think cutting those guys for Watt makes us better. It's adding him in addition to that does.

I mean you have to trim some fat somewhere. Packers should be able to restructure 2-3 guys to easily clear the $25m they need to clear to get back to $0 or slightly under the cap. From there, you're basically making decisions on getting rid of current guys and replacing them for other (better) players. 

I mean you could probably just cut Lowry (saves $3-4m) and sign Watt and structure a $5m or so cap hit for 2021. We basically did something similar for Z and Preston in their first years. 

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I remember another expensive, aging DL with injury issues coming to the Pack and putting us over the hump in the 90's... do you? 

JJ Watt isn't going to make the impact of P. Smith and Lowry???? You gotta be kidding me. 

JJ aint what he was but he's an awesome locker room presence and still a force on the field. If he wants to come to GB... You go get him. 

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'd like to part ways with Lowry if an upgrade is possible, but would like to find a way to keep Preston if possible.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I'd like to part ways with Lowry if an upgrade is possible, but would like to find a way to keep Preston if possible.

Keeping Preston is tough for a few reasons. The money is one, but it's also time for Gary to take a vast majority of those snaps. Last year, Gary was around 45% I believe. Is Preston going to be okay going down to that No. 3 role with 40% of the snaps? 

23 minutes ago, Cheesehead430 said:

I remember another expensive, aging DL with injury issues coming to the Pack and putting us over the hump in the 90's... do you? 

JJ Watt isn't going to make the impact of P. Smith and Lowry???? You gotta be kidding me. 

JJ aint what he was but he's an awesome locker room presence and still a force on the field. If he wants to come to GB... You go get him. 

Reggie White started 100% of the games the Eagles played the five years before coming to GB.

Watt has started 60% with 3 severe injuries.

Laughable comparison.

JJ Watt was the best player in the NFL, but he's not anywhere close anymore and there's no guarantee you get him for the playoffs cause he's hurt almost every year.