2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

52 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Man, I know he's leaving but the amount of disrespect Aaron Jones gets on this board is amazing. "Replace" him with James White? Maybe in the sense that both play the RB position, but it stops there. Are we also going to replace Davante Adams with Devin Funchess?

Agree to a point on this.  For the vast majority of posters though, the main contention is how much will it cost?   If Jones is gone he will have to be replaced ... period.  With who and how much is really the issue.  I would LOVE to see the Packers resign Jones and any other year it would probably happen.  It hasn't been normal and won't be for a while.   That being said, Jones is top notch but unless he wants to give a home team discount, he's gone.

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think our best bet if we want to dip into cheap FA RBs is Matt Breida. He's more athletically gifted than Jones (he ran in the 4.3s, 42in vert, 6.85 3 cone) and had back to back years of 5+ ypc in the Shanahan offense. I legitimately think you could replace Jones with him and not miss a beat. 

That would be better than White. My issue with White is that in the event of an injury to #1 (whether it's Jones or Dillon), I don't think White could fill in as a legit #1. I don't want MLF to have to reduce the running game do to an injury. Breida could probably be that guy as a fill in. Jamaal Williams could do it. 

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Man, I know he's leaving but the amount of disrespect Aaron Jones gets on this board is amazing. "Replace" him with James White? Maybe in the sense that both play the RB position, but it stops there. Are we also going to replace Davante Adams with Devin Funchess?

Name the last RB to lead his team to a Super Bowl. Or simply name the last Super Bowl winner with a high priced RB. The last RB to have an impactful Super Bowl ? James White.

There are more important places to throw money at IMO

Edited by cannondale

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I think our best bet if we want to dip into cheap FA RBs is Matt Breida. He's more athletically gifted than Jones (he ran in the 4.3s, 42in vert, 6.85 3 cone) and had back to back years of 5+ ypc in the Shanahan offense. I legitimately think you could replace Jones with him and not miss a beat. 

no wiggle, always hurt, still a good add if he's cheap.

Mike Davis is the best FA RB IMO.  Excellent receiver.  Good pass blocker.  Better Jamaal Williams.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

no wiggle, always hurt, still a good add if he's cheap.

Mike Davis is the best FA RB IMO.  Excellent receiver.  Good pass blocker.  Better Jamaal Williams.

A guy who's an under 4 ypc? Mid 4.6 guy? You'd expect AJ to be the hammer, we need someone far more dynamic than Davis as a compliment.

3 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Did you just type “not a real drop off in tales”?  Hey, White’s a nice player but let’s not b.s. ourselves. Not saying I wouldn’t sign White and let Jones walk, I Belitung would with Dillion here. Just want to keep it real. 

Put him behind our OL.  No disrespect towards Jones at all.  He's a great RB.  Performance also has to do with the supporting cast No?  White is a fine back.  He would do very well in GB. 

I think they will draft Javonte Williams to go with Dillion if he lasts to the middle rounds. And they will likely sign a cheap veteran to be a blitz/pass protector.

Kinda hope the market is terrible for RBs and Jamal just comes back on a 1 year deal.

Edited by Green19

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You'd at least replace the homerun ability which is what we need if Dillon is the 1. Jones was a game-breaker (see 2019 Vikings game, 2020 Eagles game, 2020 Rams game). Brieda isn't Jones but could give you that potential at least. 

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

I think they will draft Javonte Williams to go with Dillion if he lasts to the middle rounds. And they will likely sign a cheap veteran to be a blitz/pass protector.

Kinda hope the market is terrible for RBs and Jamal just comes back on a 1 year deal.

Would love to get Javonte Williams here in Green Bay. I just don’t think that’s going to happen. Believe we will look at adding to the depth of that position later than where we would have to take Javonte at 

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

Would love to get Javonte Williams here in Green Bay. I just don’t think that’s going to happen. Believe we will look at adding to the depth of that position later than where we would have to take Javonte at 

I mean, that's likely a Day 2 pick there.  I can't justify taking another RB on Day 2.

• Like 1

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, that's likely a Day 2 pick there.

Right, I just think there’s other pressing needs other than RB on Day 1 and 2 - CB, DL, OT to name a few. Just don’t think I’m all that interested in spending another day 2 pick on a RB. That’s jmo.