Jump to content

2021 GB Roster & Free Agents


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but that's the going rate for a starting CB.  Unless you truly believe he's a CB3, his pay range is somewhere around $8M/year.

No bubble burst for me.  I know very well what good starting CB are making.  This has been discussed over and over; sign him for reasonable money or he can walk.  If you like how he played his last game and satisfied with not being available for games due to injury,  pay him his 8-10 million.  Any other year when salary cap is "normal", I'd be looking elsewhere for a replacement.  His last game did him no favors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Ok.  I will ask you (and everyone else), would you rather have Robert Tonyan or a second round pick?

I take the pick and bring back Big Dog. Keeping Lewis around keeps Rodgers happy (and MLF), and we'll still have Dafney, Sternberger, as well Josiah Deguara. We can bring back John Lovett to play the h-back role. (I could also see Jace being left off the final 53-man roster next year.)

Maybe the Packers entertain the idea of using Lazard in more of the TE role with his willingness to block. I would bet we draft a WR this year, and if Funchess plays next year, we'll have a full WR room. (Adams, Funchess, Lazard, MVS, draft pick, ESB?)

I'm sure there's some good prospects at TE that we can consider with one of our comp picks.

Edited by dust247
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

No bubble burst for me.  I know very well what good starting CB are making.  This has been discussed over and over; sign him for reasonable money or he can walk.  If you like how he played his last game and satisfied with not being available for games due to injury,  pay him his 8-10 million.  Any other year when salary cap is "normal", I'd be looking elsewhere for a replacement.  His last game did him no favors.

Guys like Hyde and Hayward didn't even get offers from the Packers. I'll be disappointed if we make any attempt whatsoever to resign King. We have limited resources, don't waste them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Let's re-phrase the question a little bit more honestly.  Teams are likely going to have to overpay in order to keep a team from matching an offer.  It's not a great contract comparison, but let's use Tyler Higbee (4 years, $29M) as his contract comparison.  Would you rather have a second round pick or Robert Tonyan (with a nearly $9M cap hit)?

Which is why I want to have him for 1 year 4.8 million, or give me a 1st to have him.  I think he could be good enough to earn that kind of money, maybe I am being a homer, but why not kick that can down the road for one more year?

They will probably offer original round, and nobody will offer, so this all becomes spinning the wheels.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Which is why I want to have him for 1 year 4.8 million, or give me a 1st to have him.  I think he could be good enough to earn that kind of money, maybe I am being a homer, but why not kick that can down the road for one more year?

They will probably offer original round, and nobody will offer, so this all becomes spinning the wheels.  

original round and GB gets no pick in return.   Teams have cap space and GB would be hard pressed to match a front loaded deal by Jax, NE, NYJ

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 9:15 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

I was going to add some of the RFA stuff to the salary cap thread, but decided not to.  I think I have a different opinion today than I did yesterday.  A first round tender at TE would make Tonyan number 21 among TEs, the second 25th.  I am thinking that we should put the first on him.  I don't think we will be able to match most contract offers that he could get.  Like 2 years 10 million is probably more than we can commit to right now, the Jets, Jags, Colts and Pats could easily afford that. Why not make the other team pay?  

I am uncertain what to do about Chandon Sullivan.  We got him for 1 year, 750k this season. I think he was certainly worth it.  I also agree that he faded down the stretch.  I think he was very good for a large chunk of the season, but seemed to get picked on as the year progressed.  Either the first or second round tender plops him right around what we are currently paying Jaire Alexander, in the 35-40 range.  I'm not sure that we should pay Sullivan top tier second corner money (assuming 32 teams, 64 starting CBs).

I don't think I would offer any of our other RFAs any of the tenders.  Would I try to bring them back? Probably yes to all (I know nothing about Nickerson), just not at that cost.

I would absolutely offer all of our ERFAs the minimum to get them back in camp.  Unless you think we have seen enough of Malik Taylor.  Personally, I could take or leave him.

 

Also, you cannot get the same compensation for two players, as suggested in the OP for Sullivan and Tonayn:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-free-agency-glossary-all-the-terms-you-need-to-know-0ap3000001106817

 

 

 

If you are going to put a 1st round tender on Tonyon...it makes sense to sign him to a LT deal so you can make it cap friendly. 4 years 20-25?

Edited by Pilprin
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, squire12 said:

original round and GB gets no pick in return.   Teams have cap space and GB would be hard pressed to match a front loaded deal by Jax, NE, NYJ

right, I was just saying that we will have this grand strategy discussion, lasting days, and then the Packers will offer the lowest and no other team will come calling and we wasted a ton of time :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

right, I was just saying that we will have this grand strategy discussion, lasting days, and then the Packers will offer the lowest and no other team will come calling and we wasted a ton of time :D 

Not a waste to talk GB Packers

Link to post
Share on other sites

If Gute is serious about getting Arod to a SB he will do everything he can to get Allen Robinson to GB. I'll even take him over Aaron Jones. Then draft a pure  fast shifty slot wr in Kadarius Toney with pick 29. In the 3rd we grab another home run hitting RB like Hubbard or Etienne to replace Jones. We do this and offense will be better than KC's.

1. Davante 

2. Robinson 

3. Funchess

4. Toney 

5. MVS

6.  St. Brown

RB's

1. Dillon

2. Hubbard or Etienne 

3. Cheap vet like  Mark Ingram or other 

4. Tyler Ervin.

If Aaron had this weaponry tell me who's stopping this offense?

 

On the defense we bring back Breeland on a cheap one year deal and draft another Tall corner in round 2.

JJ Watt wants out of Houston. Lets bring him home to win a SB with the home town team he grew up rooting for. I'm sure he'll give GB a discount to make that happen.

We can make this happen and the roster will be better than last seasons. With a few minor cuts like Wagner,  P Smith and restructures this is very doable.

Edited by St Vince
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, St Vince said:

If Gute is serious about getting Arod to a SB he will do everything he can to get Allen Robinson to GB. I'll even take him over Aaron Jones. Then draft a pure  fast shifty slot wr in Tony with pick 29. In the 3rd we grab another home run hitting RB like Hubbard or Etienne to replace Jones. We do this and offense will be better than KC's.

1. Davante 

2. Robinson 

3. Funchess

4. Tony 

5. MVS

6.  St. Brown

Funny.....I ripped thru your opening paragraph, settled in to the WR listing and got stuck on "Who the hell is Tony?"  :)

Started with Tonyan......nope, its not Tony Tonyan.
Who's Tony?

Then I re-read your opening paragraph. I STILL dont know who Tony is....but at least I know he wasnt on the team this year and I've forgotten his name LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Funny.....I ripped thru your opening paragraph, settled in to the WR listing and got stuck on "Who the hell is Tony?"  :)

Started with Tonyan......nope, its not Tony Tonyan.
Who's Tony?

Then I re-read your opening paragraph. I STILL dont know who Tony is....but at least I know he wasnt on the team this year and I've forgotten his name LOL

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, St Vince said:

If Gute is serious about getting Arod to a SB he will do everything he can to get Allen Robinson to GB. I'll even take him over Aaron Jones. Then draft a pure  fast shifty slot wr in Kadarius Toney with pick 29. In the 3rd we grab another home run hitting RB like Hubbard or Etienne to replace Jones. We do this and offense will be better than KC's.

1. Davante 

2. Robinson 

3. Funchess

4. Toney 

5. MVS

6.  St. Brown

RB's

1. Dillon

2. Hubbard or Etienne 

3. Cheap vet like  Mark Ingram or other 

4. Tyler Ervin.

If Aaron had this weaponry tell me who's stopping this offense?

 

On the defense we bring back Breeland on a cheap one year deal and draft another Tall corner in round 2.

JJ Watt wants out of Houston. Lets bring him home to win a SB with the home town team he grew up rooting for. I'm sure he'll give GB a discount to make that happen.

We can make this happen and the roster will be better than last seasons. With a few minor cuts like Wagner,  P Smith and restructures this is very doable.

Because isn't the obvious answer for how to get to the Superbowl to make big cuts to your offensive line and pass rushers and blow your load on WRs and RBs.

Are you ******* for real with this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...