2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

37 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I just don't see his role with the team if they sign Watt. Gary is ready to play a majority of the snaps. Yes, you need a 3rd EDGE guy but those guys aren't making any $$ on most teams. Can't pay Preston any decent amount of money to be the 3rd wheel. Moreover, I doubt he would accept that role anyways. 

I don't "want" him cut, but it seems like an obvious choice to me. If we don't sign Watt, I think the Packers will explore a restructured deal. 

They play different positions though. How are they tied together?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Joe said:

I'd rather have Veldheer than Wagner TBH.

He your brother? Veldheer?

He didn't play at all last year, did he?  He either pseudo retired, then got an itch to come back for the playoffs, or no one really wanted him that badly.  

All Wagner did is come in and start 9 games.  Taking 610 snaps.  While improving his PFF grade 18.4 points over his prior year of play.  Making him the #23 ranked tackle in the league.

1 minute ago, smetana34 said:

They play different positions though. How are they tied together?

They could be tied together because if you have Watt when not in base (which is most of the time), he can be the 2nd pass rusher to line up next to Clark instead of moving Z inside. If you have Z now almost exclusively an outside rusher, you may be able to get by without P. 

8 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

They could be tied together because if you have Watt when not in base (which is most of the time), he can be the 2nd pass rusher to line up next to Clark instead of moving Z inside. If you have Z now almost exclusively an outside rusher, you may be able to get by without P. 

Watt doesn't rush inside.  Or at least I haven't seen enough Texans stuff to see that he rushes inside.  He rushes over the tackle position, not guard.

Z is very good inside with his quick rush.  You keep him there and let JJ do his thing against a tackle, along with Gary.

53 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I just don't see his role with the team if they sign Watt. Gary is ready to play a majority of the snaps. Yes, you need a 3rd EDGE guy but those guys aren't making any $$ on most teams. Can't pay Preston any decent amount of money to be the 3rd wheel. Moreover, I doubt he would accept that role anyways. 

I don't "want" him cut, but it seems like an obvious choice to me. If we don't sign Watt, I think the Packers will explore a restructured deal. 

If Watt was on this team the last two years you'd want him cut for someone else though. And I wouldn't blame you

Edited by Norm

1 hour ago, Norm said:

If Watt was on this team the last two years you'd want him cut for someone else though. And I wouldn't blame you

Watt had 48 pressures last season while being doubled teamed more than any other player on the Edge. Preston had 26 pressures I believe. Facts are facts.

Not to mention Watt would replace Lowry's snaps. Gary would replace Smith. That's called a win win.

Edited by packfanfb

4 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

I'll be the guy to say it, I absolutely think King can be a #1 CB in the NFL, he's just a lot more scheme dependent. 

And if not CB#1, he still has value. The question is, how good will that value be ?  If he takes a 1 year prove it deal for $4m, that's pretty hard to turn down. There are other needs to be addressed, so pushing off CB for a year would be nice. How the Packers view this CB class plays into his value. How they view Jackson and Hollman plays into his value. As always though, somebody is gonna value him more, most likely

Edited by cannondale