2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

25 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because isn't the obvious answer for how to get to the Superbowl to make big cuts to your offensive line and pass rushers and blow your load on WRs and RBs.

Are you ******* for real with this?

You didn't read the entire post. The only big fish would be Robinson. Funchess is on a cheap deal Toney on a Rookie deal,  RB's on Rookie deals.  Mark Ingram was cut, how much could he be worth?  Maybe a big dog deal? Depending on Robinsons asking price would determine this. I could live with Galloday or Godwin.

What big cuts? I'm only cutting Wagner and Lowry. I'm only cutting P. Smith if JJ wants to come home. Taylor is coming back and Runyan looks good. You can draft another center in the 4th. I don't see how we're blowing a fortune on Wr's and RB'S.

Edited by St Vince
1 hour ago, St Vince said:

If Gute is serious about getting Arod to a SB he will build a defense that allows Aaron to be less than perfect and still win a playoff game.

Fixed this for you, correctly. So sick of hearing how the #1 offense needs more weapons as we average 35.9 points allowed in Aaron's playoff losses.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Fixed this for you, correctly. So sick of hearing how the #1 offense needs more weapons as we average 35.9 points allowed in Aaron's playoff losses.

I'm convinced half of our fans secretly cheer for us to lose playoff games 50-48 so they can ***** about how the organization isn't doing enough. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Losing  A. Jones you won't average that. He was a TD machine in last two seasons. You need to replace that scoring production with more weapons.  Pettine held this defense back.  Just like KC we need to get this new DC hire right. The defense is not as bad as we think, just need to plug the right holes in the draft and FA on the cheap.

Edited by St Vince
4 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Losing  A. Jones you won't average that. He was a TD machine in last two seasons. You need to replace that scoring production with more weapons.  Pettine held this defense back.  Just like KC we need to get this new DC hire right. The defense is not as bad as we think, just need to plug the right holes in the draft and FA on the cheap.

I'll be just fine with Dillon, Williams and a DP.

If I go down to 27-28 ppg from 32 but can actually hold an offense under 24 consistently in the playoffs I'll take that trade every day.

I'll take an upgrade over King, Lowry or Barnes over Robinson, Toney or Etienne without even thinking about it.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Losing  A. Jones you won't average that. He was a TD machine in last two seasons. You need to replace that scoring production with more weapons.  Pettine held defense back.  Just like KC we need to get this new DC hire right. The defense is not as bad as we think, just need to plug the right holes in the draft and FA on the cheap.

I think you are right. We will have to replace the fragile King, and add another run stopper if Harrison doesn't come back. The other area of concern is Tackle where we have Bak coming off knee surgery and little else. Depending on how the board falls, I would go CB-T, or T-CB in rounds 1 and 2. 

19 minutes ago, St Vince said:

You didn't read the entire post. The only big fish would be Robinson. Funchess is on a cheap deal Toney on a Rookie deal,  RB's on Rookie deals.  Mark Ingram was cut, how much could he be worth?  Maybe a big dog deal? Depending on Robinsons asking price would determine this. I could live with Galloday or Godwin.

What big cuts? I'm only cutting Wagner and Lowry. I'm only cutting P. Smith if JJ wants to come home. Taylor is coming back and Runyan looks good. You can draft another center in the 4th. I don't see how we're blowing a fortune on Wr's and RB'S.

It's not just the salary, which is absurd, it's also the ridiculous draft capital. 

You cut Wagner. So your plan for 3rd tackle is . . . What? 

JJ Watt has gotten over 5 sacks one time in the last 5 years. The idea of advocating cutting Preston Smith because he had a down year and then pitching hard for JJ Watt is nothing short of bizarre. 

• Like 1
On 1/28/2021 at 1:23 PM, moretti19 said:

I have never been a fan of King but his performance for all to see might allow us to retain him for cheap. If we could get him 1 year for 4-5 mil then yes.

Let some other sucker team pay him.   He is a lousy tackler and can't stay healthy.  We need to upgrade that spot.  I still get steamed when I think TT passed on TJ Watt for this clown...

5 hours ago, n8ghee said:

I could see Preston Smith and Billy Turner getting the axe

Preston Smith may stick around if the new DC likes him.  Let's hope the new D boss doesn't have him covering TEs...

We are thin at tackle.  Wasn't Billy serviceable at RT?

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

If Gute is serious about getting Arod to a SB he will do everything he can to get Allen Robinson to GB. I'll even take him over Aaron Jones. Then draft a pure  fast shifty slot wr in Kadarius Toney with pick 29. In the 3rd we grab another home run hitting RB like Hubbard or Etienne to replace Jones. We do this and offense will be better than KC's.

1. Davante 

2. Robinson 

3. Funchess

4. Toney 

5. MVS

6.  St. Brown

RB's

1. Dillon

2. Hubbard or Etienne 

3. Cheap vet like  Mark Ingram or other 

4. Tyler Ervin.

If Aaron had this weaponry tell me who's stopping this offense?

On the defense we bring back Breeland on a cheap one year deal and draft another Tall corner in round 2.

JJ Watt wants out of Houston. Lets bring him home to win a SB with the home town team he grew up rooting for. I'm sure he'll give GB a discount to make that happen.

We can make this happen and the roster will be better than last seasons. With a few minor cuts like Wagner,  P Smith and restructures this is very doable.

So you are cutting 

Preston Smith, Wagner

Drafting a WR in round 1, a RB in round 3

Supposedly both Breeland and Watt are playing for cheap.

Holes at 3rd EDGE, CB, RT/3rd OT, IOL.

Filling those with round 2, 4 and 5th round picks

Not sure how that cap will work with Preston and Wagner saving like $11M.  

GB is over the cap ( projected cap anyway).  Watt's 2021 contract is around $17M

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

If Gute is serious about getting Arod to a SB he will do everything he can to get Allen Robinson to GB. I'll even take him over Aaron Jones. Then draft a pure  fast shifty slot wr in Kadarius Toney with pick 29. In the 3rd we grab another home run hitting RB like Hubbard or Etienne to replace Jones. We do this and offense will be better than KC's.

1. Davante 

2. Robinson 

3. Funchess

4. Toney 

5. MVS

6.  St. Brown

RB's

1. Dillon

2. Hubbard or Etienne 

3. Cheap vet like  Mark Ingram or other 

4. Tyler Ervin.

If Aaron had this weaponry tell me who's stopping this offense?

On the defense we bring back Breeland on a cheap one year deal and draft another Tall corner in round 2.

JJ Watt wants out of Houston. Lets bring him home to win a SB with the home town team he grew up rooting for. I'm sure he'll give GB a discount to make that happen.

We can make this happen and the roster will be better than last seasons. With a few minor cuts like Wagner,  P Smith and restructures this is very doable.

I just have a hard time believing the Bears would make this deal with a divisional rival.  If they did they would ask a king's ransom and we have other more pressing holes to fill.

JJ would be great but he is past his prime and his salary is not appetizing.  😟

Edited by Pugger
2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's not just the salary, which is absurd, it's also the ridiculous draft capital. 

You cut Wagner. So your plan for 3rd tackle is . . . What? 

JJ Watt has gotten over 5 sacks one time in the last 5 years. The idea of advocating cutting Preston Smith because he had a down year and then pitching hard for JJ Watt is nothing short of bizarre. 

Did you miss where his last name is Watt?

• Like 1