Jump to content

2021 GB Roster & Free Agents


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

Big no to Short, he's been awful this year. And Casey is 31 and had a big injury this last season.

Casey is intriguing. The biceps injury (played 3 games) last year maybe means more a discount. Prior to that, Casey had 7 straight seasons with 5 or more sacks. 

His age is irrelevant IMO. At 31, he's right there with the other guys who are going to be available, including Watt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

If only a 4th/5th for Jones and Linsley ... sucks;  2 darn good players with not much in return if that's the case.  

The threshold to merit a 3rd is really high. If the player isn’t playing a premium position, he’s unlikely get an expensive enough contract to merit a 3rd. And it’s even less likely if they’re 30+yr old. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

The threshold to merit a 3rd is really high. If the player isn’t playing a premium position, he’s unlikely get an expensive enough contract to merit a 3rd. And it’s even less likely if they’re 30+yr old. 

Linsley and Jones would both be a 4th round comp pick likely. Both are All Pro's and both are under 30. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gizmo2012 said:

Linsley and Jones would both be a 4th round comp pick likely. Both are All Pro's and both are under 30. 

Linsley will be 30 by the time next season starts. Neither plays a premium position. I am merely explaining why they won’t net a 3rd.  
 

 

Edited by TransientTexan
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Striker said:

The only advantage TN gives is he could stick it to the Texans twice a year. Clayton did note that other teams are still in play, but the Browns are the only other team that would make sense based on what he wants.

This is such an overly-used phrase ever since Favre went to Minnesota. What part of Watt and Houston leaving on mutual terms, whilst Watt issues multiple heartfelt goodbyes to the city & their fans, makes you think he'd want to "stick it" to them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Wonder if he'd be worth the hastle? I'd imagine you could probably get him for a conditional-nothing pick given his current relationship with the Titans. First round talent at OT with 3 years left on a rookie deal if you think he gives a damn about playing football. 

So I'm not 100% confident in saying this, but Kirwan on SiriusXM was talking about Wilson.  His rookie contract is guaranteed.  

I'm looking at spotract for him.  Even if the signing bonus is eaten by Tennessee in a trade, that is still a 1.1M contract in 2021.  1.6M in 2022.  2.1M in 2023.  For a guy with reportedly terrible training habits and decision making.

Maybe someone else knows more about how those rookie deals work (via trade) to know what the true financial risk is for Wilson.

He's an easy pass for me right now.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, gbxby said:

This is such an overly-used phrase ever since Favre went to Minnesota. What part of Watt and Houston leaving on mutual terms, whilst Watt issues multiple heartfelt goodbyes to the city & their fans, makes you think he'd want to "stick it" to them?

Maybe it was BoB blowing up the franchise?  One that he was a core member of?

Personally I don't think JJ feels this way, but one the surface, I can see why he could be bitter about what went down in Houston's front office the past year or so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 3:26 PM, packfanfb said:

Wonder if he'd be worth the hastle? I'd imagine you could probably get him for a conditional-nothing pick given his current relationship with the Titans. First round talent at OT with 3 years left on a rookie deal if you think he gives a damn about playing football. 

I would offer a 5th rd pick, nothing more.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dougherty has a new article out .. discussing a tag and trade scenario involving Aaron Jones.  If it's clear that GB can't get him re-signed, then do what needs to be done to add draft compensation now.  A couple of "high ranking scouts" have said the Packers could land a 2nd round pick in such a scenario.  I'm in .. make it so.  Now is not the time to pass up ways to add draft capital.

 

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2021/03/01/green-bay-packers-could-gain-better-draft-pick-tagging-aaron-jones/6839447002/

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Dougherty has a new article out .. discussing a tag and trade scenario involving Aaron Jones.  If it's clear that GB can't get him re-signed, then do what needs to be done to add draft compensation now.  A couple of "high ranking scouts" have said the Packers could land a 2nd round pick in such a scenario.  I'm in .. make it so.  Now is not the time to pass up ways to add draft capital.

 

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2021/03/01/green-bay-packers-could-gain-better-draft-pick-tagging-aaron-jones/6839447002/

2nd round pick for a 1-yr rental with a high 2021 cap hit at a non-premium position? Seems overly optimistic.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Dougherty has a new article out .. discussing a tag and trade scenario involving Aaron Jones.  If it's clear that GB can't get him re-signed, then do what needs to be done to add draft compensation now.  A couple of "high ranking scouts" have said the Packers could land a 2nd round pick in such a scenario.  I'm in .. make it so.  Now is not the time to pass up ways to add draft capital.

 

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2021/03/01/green-bay-packers-could-gain-better-draft-pick-tagging-aaron-jones/6839447002/

article was behind a subscription for me.  

I don't see why a team would give up the draft capital of a 2nd and then have to sign Jones to a long term deal (or have him play on the tag).  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...