2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

On 2/25/2021 at 4:15 PM, gbxby said:

This is such an overly-used phrase ever since Favre went to Minnesota. What part of Watt and Houston leaving on mutual terms, whilst Watt issues multiple heartfelt goodbyes to the city & their fans, makes you think he'd want to "stick it" to them?

Well, it's been more than Favre, but there is zero actual reason that makes me thinks he "wants to" stick to the organization...though humiliating Easterby would probably be a plus for any former Texan. However, since TN doesn't have the cap room and still isn't the closest to a Super Bowl the only thing that makes sense on narrative street would be JJ wanting to play the Texans twice a year.

That being said, he chose the Cardinals so I guess the money was the biggest driving factor.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Cardinals had 17 mil in cap. Now that's going to be more like 5-6m. They cut Peterson, and Dre Kirkpatrick and Jonathan Joseph are FAs, so they are without CB 1,2,3. Their RB, TE, RT, RG are all FAs.

Hard for me to think this team isn't the #4 team in the NFCW. Odd choice for sure.

Could their departed CBs be a cheapish FA option if King is gone?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd love to get Peterson to GB ... he just seems like a Charles Woodson type success story waiting to happen.  Having Jaire as a #1 would take a ton of pressure off him.

Peterson is the same age as Woodson when he came to GB ;)

Although I don't see anyone having that type of impact. Woodson was one of the best free agency signings of the past couple decades.

Winning is always a high priority for UFA's until the offers start coming in.

Thank goodness Watt didn't sign a discounted deal in the 8-10M range.  Seeing those numbers from the ARI deal should make it easy for GB fans to wish JJ luck and move on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cheesehead430 said:

My FA wish list.

1. WR/RB Curtis Samuel

2. CB Patrick Peterson

3. ILB Lavonte David

4. CB Jason Verrett/Desmond King

5. RB Duke Johnson/James White

A lot to like on that list.  I believe we will only scouring the bargain bin but supposedly we at least were in the conversation for JJ, so maybe we grab a decent player. 

5 hours ago, Cheesehead430 said:

My FA wish list.

1. WR/RB Curtis Samuel

2. CB Patrick Peterson

3. ILB Lavonte David

4. CB Jason Verrett/Desmond King

5. RB Duke Johnson/James White

1. Will sign with someone else.

2. Will sign with someone else.

They’ll all sign with someone else.  No help is coming.

42 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

1. Will sign with someone else.

2. Will sign with someone else.

They’ll all sign with someone else.  No help is coming.

Your TT scars are inflamed.

Take some ibuprofin and read up on Jurrell Casey.

• Like 1

Just now, Dubz41 said:

Your TT scars are inflamed.

Take some ibuprofin and read up on Jurrell Casey.

Jurrell Casey?  You mean impending Jaguar, Cardinal, Brown, Dolphin or Jet Casey?

180 million.

30 of that 180 million (minimum) is going to Rodgers.

We could re-sign literally none of our own free agents and still be over the limit.

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Jurrell Casey?  You mean impending Jaguar, Cardinal, Brown, Dolphin or Jet Casey?

180 million.

30 of that 180 million (minimum) is going to Rodgers.

We could re-sign literally none of our own free agents and still be over the limit.

A Rodgers restructure/extension is either incoming or means that the team isn't willing to commit to him long term. If it's the former, it will lower the cap number. If it's the latter, this may be his last year.

• Like 1