2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

58 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Watt would be a wasted acquisition IMO. Draft your defensive talent. Go CB, IDL and EDGE early. With what, if any, money we have to spend, I'm buying either a journeyman CB to compete for our 2-3 spot or the best WR (preferably one with speed) I can buy. 

The rate of Watt coming to GB next season is 1%. It's was just for conversation. Again the only way I would want Watt is that he's gives a massive home town discount to win a ring. He's a Packer fan, it would be a cool story. Watt over Lowry would be a big upgrade if the money works and the mutual interest is there. I agree it would be a waste if we threw big money at him. Even if we got Watt DL would be a priority in the draft.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And the lack of production the last few years?

You didn't understand my original post on this topic. I only want Watt if he comes at a reasonable price to win a ring. I'd cut Lowry and plug him right in. And please don't debate me that Lowry is better than Watt.

Watt is an easy buy low candidate for me. Get him on a team that's actually run by football people and he's got some 10 sack years left.

That said, I'm not trading for that contract, and I'm not going anything over 5 per for 1-2 years for him. If he's looking for a discount to win a SB, I'm interested. If he wants one more payday, he can go elsewhere.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Watt is an easy buy low candidate for me. Get him on a team that's actually run by football people and he's got some 10 sack years left.

That said, I'm not trading for that contract, and I'm not going anything over 5 per for 1-2 years for him. If he's looking for a discount to win a SB, I'm interested. If he wants one more payday, he can go elsewhere.

That's all I've been saying, thank you!

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Watt would be a wasted acquisition IMO. Draft your defensive talent. Go CB, IDL and EDGE early. With what, if any, money we have to spend, I'm buying either a journeyman CB to compete for our 2-3 spot or the best WR (preferably one with speed) I can buy. 

How would you feel about Xavier Rhodes 3yrs/$12m per 40% guaranteed, cap hit $9M?