2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Can we stop posting what that moron thinks? He knows nothing about the salary cap.

If we cut Smith, he counts 8m against the cap, now he counts 9m. So for 1m we get to keep him versus losing him. Just a purely awful take.

What is the cap savings in 2021 for this restructured contract?

I have no problem keeping Preston at this contract. It's a prove it deal with fair incentives. 

If we would of cut him we would of saved 1 million more against the cap. Worst case scenario hes what he was last year. Best case scenario he plays a ton better. If he does improve and Gary continues to make strides. That a scary pass rush. 

• Like 4

So of the top 5 "cut" candidates I had for the Packers, we cut Kirksey and Wagner and kept Preston and Funchess at reduced salaries.

That just leaves Lowry. Packers save $3.3m by letting him go. I'd approach him about a cut just like Preston, taking him from about $6.3m down to around $3m, and he either takes it or bye. 

Edited by packfanfb

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Can we stop posting what that moron thinks? He knows nothing about the salary cap.

If we cut Smith, he counts 8m against the cap, now he counts 9m. So for 1m we get to keep him versus losing him. Just a purely awful take.

Am I supposed to know who that guy is? Just looks like some guy on twitter.  I am also on twitter.  Sometimes I make big announcements like: "I'm hungry," and "I don't want to go to work." Other times me and @thrILL! will talk about music, and I will tell him that Alabama only beat Mizzou because they cheated.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Am I supposed to know who that guy is? Just looks like some guy on twitter.  I am also on twitter.  Sometimes I make big announcements like: "I'm hungry," and "I don't want to go to work." Other times me and @thrILL! will talk about music, and I will tell him that Alabama only beat Mizzou because they cheated.

Breaking News!!!  You'll forgive me if I don't follow you for your appetite updates and CFB hot takes.  I hear you though, it was bad enough with plenty of hack journalism and click bait, but at least those guys would have to go through an interview process and generally bring some value.  In the social media era plenty of people have incorrectly assessed the importance of their own opinion.  Best thing to do is not echo their nonsense and create your own here!