2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's a change to the terms of the contract, player has to sign off on void years.

The restructures have language built in that allows teams to do it at their leisure, the void years are different and need sign off.

Makes sense. I guess stated another way, why would a player ever object to adding void years to his contract for money he's already been paid? I can't think of one. In that sense, I'd look at approval more as a formality.

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

How do you know what Rodgers cap hit is in years that we don't have a cap yet??

NFL just signed a 10 billion dollar annual TV deal, players are guaranteed 48% of that. The cap is going to explode here soon.

Lol.  It’s not going to explode to get a cap hit of 19.6 down under 12%.

That last year yeah it’ll go below 12%, you’re right.  

So if we keep everything as is we’ll have Rodgers three years older plus Amos and Z at an age where they’re either somewhere else or not what they are.

This past year was the shot.  We missed it.

All of this conjecture assumes Love is on an upward trajectory. The reality is that there is just as good a chance Love is Brett Hundley. As a Packer fan it's easy to assume Love is just another quality QB waiting his turn. The bust rate is high. I don't think there is a time line. I don't think the Packers operate under any assumptions. 

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, cannondale said:

All of this conjecture assumes Love is on an upward trajectory. The reality is that there is just as good a chance Love is Brett Hundley. As a Packer fan it's easy to assume Love is just another quality QB waiting his turn. The bust rate is high. I don't think there is a time line. I don't think the Packers operate under any assumptions. 

I think he's going to be a hit in large part to the offensive scheme and his strong athletic skill, but it's far from a given.  He could wind up as DeShone Kizer part 2.

1 minute ago, Kenrik said:

Thought this was a possiblity.  Soft market for King.  Not bad for either side just about right.  Would have rather coughed up an extra 3 mil for Fuller but hey money is tight.  Hopefully King will play better next year and stay healthy.

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Thought this was a possiblity.  Soft market for King.  Not bad for either side just about right.  Would have rather coughed up an extra 3 mil for Fuller but hey money is tight.  Hopefully King will play better next year and stay healthy.

He's at least got some incentive to bring his A game.