2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

34 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I don't know what the roster rules will be, but with (2) #4s and (2) #5s - now would be a good year to hit the jackpot. I think the norm would be not to exercise 10 picks, but I wonder if this is a year that you do

Do we use one of those 4ths to trade up somewhere though? Also, LOL at your Lancaster comment. I doubt he gets $8 mil but somehow wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

But he didn't play #2 corner. He played left side. If we treat him like a #2 and give him help and act like JA is a #1 theres hope. kings not a scrub. Hes just not good.

He and Chandon Sullivan are super subs IMHO. They can start in a pinch, but aren't long term starter material. This is where Asante Samuel Jr. works for us in the 3rd. He's not the biggest guy, but he's fast AF and can cover those speedy, smallish receivers that are like 5-10, 170 and run a 4.2....you know, guys coming in like Devonta Smith.

3 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Still expecting us to draft a corner relatively high and I’d be surprised if King doesn’t get benched sometime during the season

That's exactly what will happen at this point IMHO. We go OT, CB, then IDL in the 3rd unless another great CB is there and then draft someone like Bobby Brown who can take about an hour on the tower of power on Day 3 who can eat up blocks and push the pocket the way Snacks was doing.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

Do we use one of those 4ths to trade up somewhere though? Also, LOL at your Lancaster comment. I doubt he gets $8 mil but somehow wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

He and Chandon Sullivan are super subs IMHO. They can start in a pinch, but aren't long term starter material. This is where Asante Samuel Jr. works for us in the 3rd. He's not the biggest guy, but he's fast AF and can cover those speedy, smallish receivers that are like 5-10, 170 and run a 4.2....you know, guys coming in like Devonta Smith.

Yeah - always a chance we use a pick to move up. There's also a great reason to double dip at CB and DL. That's 4 picks alone. Throw in OT. Wr is gonna be thin after next year. ILB could use a pick.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Yeah - always a chance we use a pick to move up. There's also a great reason to double dip at CB and DL. That's 4 picks alone. Throw in OT. Wr is gonna be thin after next year. ILB could use a pick.

I despise the fact that I've talked myself into taking Zaven Collins or Bolton in the first round.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

How so? If Funchess works out and we extend Adams, we should be just fine rolling with Lazard, MVS, and ESB.

Also, I think we're fine at ILB. I was wrong about Martin and Barnes really stepped up this year. I think the question there is how does Barry use his LB's?

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I despise the fact that I've talked myself into taking Zaven Collins or Bolton in the first round.

I can sympathize. I think Bolton's the real deal, but our needs are far greater than upgrading at EDGE or ILB.

1 minute ago, Joe said:

How so? If Funchess works out and we extend Adams, we should be just fine rolling with Lazard, MVS, and ESB.

Also, I think we're fine at ILB. I was wrong about Martin and Barnes really stepped up this year. I think the question there is how does Barry use his LB's?

I can sympathize. I think Bolton's the real deal, but our needs are far greater than upgrading at EDGE or ILB.

Funchess, Lazard, MVS, and ESB are all up after next year IIRC

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

ugh, i vividly remember saying "I really hope King earns a big payday in 2021 based on this postseason"

and the opposite happened

Yup, I remember the names of more than a few of those blowhards too.  Many so called experts on here have a LOT of egg on their face.  Dude's gonna be lucky to get 5 million.  10-12 mil a year? TROLOLOLOL, you gotta be joking.  Clearly not watching the same sport

Edited by HeresAGuy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

he's had a bad career 

Based on what metric? That he isn’t Watt?

he hasn’t had a bad career... it’s been average. Watt’s success and his injuries have overshadowed his career.

Bad is like Ahmad Carrol type stuff. King has been an avg CB in the league.

Edited by Green19

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Based on what metric? That he isn’t Watt?

he hasn’t had a bad career... it’s been average. Watt’s success and his injuries have overshadowed his career.

is it possible to believe kevin king sucks without it being related to the hail mary or the fact that we traded back and missed out on watt lol. wtf man am i going crazy lol? he's been a below average starting corner his entire career. you can look at the pff metrics or whatever if you want "metrics" lol almost every metric, including just watching him and seeing how he gets picked on almost every week, indicates he's not a good nfl starter. 

1 minute ago, FinneasGage said:

is it possible to believe kevin king sucks without it being related to the hail mary or the fact that we traded back and missed out on watt lol. wtf man am i going crazy lol? he's been a below average starting corner his entire career. you can look at the pff metrics or whatever if you want "metrics" lol almost every metric, including just watching him and seeing how he gets picked on almost every week, indicates he's not a good nfl starter. 

Yes you are crazy, or have absolutely no idea that there's tiers in between the best CBs and worst CBs in the NFL.

If you lined all 64 starting outside CBs up in the NFL on week 1, very confident King would rank somewhere from 28-35. In no way does a player of that caliber suck.