2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

55 minutes ago, British said:

Gute has some history trading away 4ths. 

Shipped 2 to go up for Savage. Used one to get Love. 

Yes, but there seems like there is a strong correlation with grabbing a guy in the 3rd you could have grabbed in the 4th(no one truly knows if that would be true).  I'm glad we have an extra 4th to play with this year.

I'm definitely on board with the one year, low money for KK.  It's just too important of a position to have too many ??  Even if you have a hyperbolic hate for the guy, you hope he can hold down the fort to begin the season and then get beaten out by the young guy we'll bring in and ease into the lineup.

Edited by Refugee

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

this is how I lead my team at work, too

Don't even get me started with this **** right now. I'm inches away from murder. 

****head kid is leaving for the military in a month and just found out Monday. I had permission to lay him off Friday, them he dropped that news so they said just let him stay. It was going to be glorious. Now he's in full on lame duck mode and I have another month of this. My liver may not make it. 

Trying to too happy thoughts but murder seems more reasonable. Probably been on his phone 2 hours of the day now. Even though I told him enough and shut the WiFi off. Now every time I walk away more than 5 feet it goes silent and then he's putting it away at I come back in the room. Worthless *** dip****

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

You want to take the best Edge and make him play DL full time, where he can't possibly sustain, and you want to take the worst Edge and play him full time at Edge ? You want a WR in the First 2 rounds dont you 

i don't actually want Z to play DL, but in pressure situations having Z playing more at that spot  makes DL a much less important position than it would for another team without a 3rd edge like Preston Smith.

This DL doesn't need to be as good as other teams' DL because Z plays some DL snaps.

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

Don't even get me started with this **** right now. I'm inches away from murder. 

****head kid is leaving for the military in a month and just found out Monday. I had permission to lay him off Friday, them he dropped that news so they said just let him stay. It was going to be glorious. Now he's in full on lame duck mode and I have another month of this. My liver may not make it. 

Trying to too happy thoughts but murder seems more reasonable. Probably been on his phone 2 hours of the day now. Even though I told him enough and shut the WiFi off. Now every time I walk away more than 5 feet it goes silent and then he's putting it away at I come back in the room. Worthless *** dip****

200.gif

Norm the very nanosecond he finds out the kid didn't clear his medicals.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

i don't actually want Z to play DL, but in pressure situations having Z playing more at that spot  makes DL a much less important position than it would for another team without a 3rd edge like Preston Smith.

This DL doesn't need to be as good as other teams' DL because Z plays some DL snaps.

You said move Z full time to take all of Lowry's snaps. Regardless, there is no way to explain away the need for DL.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

You said move Z full time to take all of Lowry's snaps. Regardless, there is no way to explain away the need for DL.

Looking again, Lowry played way more snaps than I remember.  they need to replace that human puddle in some manner for sure

3 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Looking again, Lowry played way more snaps than I remember.  they need to replace that human puddle in some manner for sure

Lowry is definitely not the problem.  Plenty of teams would love to have an all purpose DL half as good as Lowry; biggest issue is that the rest of the interior group was either underwhelming (Lancaster), injured (Keke), or both (M. Adams).  Lowry's the perfect 6th man of the DL group as it were, his biggest flaw is he doesn't really have a strength.  However, that's a bigger flaw than it should be if you don't have anyone who can keep him on the bench.  Honestly I'd expect Keke to take the starting job this year if he can stay on the field, he's got the game already, he just needs reps.

Serious lack of depth is concerning though; behind those three you have a 2nd year UDFA and that's it.  Not an ideal grouping, even if you need less DL for this team with both Z and Gary eating up the interior pass rushing snaps.

Just now, MrBobGray said:

Lowry's the perfect 6th man of the DL group as it were,

Lowry's definitely the problem. 

He's being paid like a starter on the level of Star  Lotuleilei or Malcom Brown or Poona Ford and plays like the 6th DL

Being the perfect 6th man of the DL group and making 6.5M+ per year is the definition of "a problem".

If you're happy that he stayed healthy and showed up to the games and played his best, fine.  The DL obviously has many other problems.  But these are 600k players who are adding 0 value.  Lowry costs 12x as much and adds 0 value. 

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Lowry's definitely the problem. 

He's being paid like a starter on the level of Star  Lotuleilei or Malcom Brown or Poona Ford and plays like the 6th DL

Being the perfect 6th man of the DL group and making 6.5M+ per year is the definition of "a problem".

If you're happy that he stayed healthy and showed up to the games and played his best, fine.  The DL obviously has many other problems.  But these are 600k players who are adding 0 value.  Lowry costs 12x as much and adds 0 value. 

Can you explain to me the difference, as you see it, between Lowry and those guys in 2020?  Or even in 2019?  Because I'd have taken Lowry over all three of them.  Also all three of those guys played NT in 2020, which is the last place you'd line Lowry up.  I don't know if you think other DL are better than they are, or that Lowry is worse, but I don't see how you're getting to where you are on this.

Also why are people ragging on House?  He was definitely no star, and he fell off a cliff as soon as the legs went at all, but the man absolutely locked down Josh Gordon in the midst of his 2013 monster season and had a 23 PD, 4 INT season with Jacksonville before they fired Bradley and changed the system away from the one he fit in.  Sure people get weird player crushes, but at least House did show he could play in the league.