2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

3 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Also why are people ragging on House?  He was definitely no star, and he fell off a cliff as soon as the legs went at all, but the man absolutely locked down Josh Gordon in the midst of his 2013 monster season and had a 23 PD, 4 INT season with Jacksonville before they fired Bradley and changed the system away from the one he fit in.  Sure people get weird player crushes, but at least House did show he could play in the league.

Oh i find him @FinneasGage

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Also why are people ragging on House?  He was definitely no star, and he fell off a cliff as soon as the legs went at all, but the man absolutely locked down Josh Gordon in the midst of his 2013 monster season and had a 23 PD, 4 INT season with Jacksonville before they fired Bradley and changed the system away from the one he fit in.  Sure people get weird player crushes, but at least House did show he could play in the league.

Who is ragging on House?  All I did was point out a very old thread concerning House when someone did a very deep dive into analytics and his time in Jax.  Said it was a great signing because of said analytics.  And I'm racking my brain to figure who it was, thinking rcon.  I searched for the thread, but it would have been early in 2017, no threads are kept back that far.  

8 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Can you explain to me the difference, as you see it, between Lowry and those guys in 2020?  Or even in 2019?  Because I'd have taken Lowry over all three of them.  Also all three of those guys played NT in 2020, which is the last place you'd line Lowry up.  I don't know if you think other DL are better than they are, or that Lowry is worse, but I don't see how you're getting to where you are on this.

Lowry can't hold up against the run, those guys can.  Those guys are all decent to good (Ford> the others).  Lowry made like a million less than Suh, who was one of the best players in the league last year (and also one of the best contracts so that's not exactly fair).

$6M for a bench player is a huge waste of money.  $6M+ for dean lowry is shooting yourself in the foot.

57 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I can tell you that it was not.  Maybe it was that Rcon person?  Maybe squire?  I'm not sure who it was, but it was not Outpost or AG#20.  Or Ray, or Cwood, or myself.

The guy that did it was really into analytics.  I mean REALLY into analytics.

Cadmus

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Lowry can't hold up against the run, those guys can.  Those guys are all decent to good (Ford> the others).  Lowry made like a million less than Suh, who was one of the best players in the league last year (and also one of the best contracts so that's not exactly fair).

$6M for a bench player is a huge waste of money.  $6M+ for dean lowry is shooting yourself in the foot.

Lowry played about 60% of snaps last year. He's not a bench player for us. If you think we should try to do better, I get it. The going rate for a second contract low end starter is 6M though right now.

In addition, for context, we'd only save 3.3M from cutting Lowry. Montravius Adams got 2.5M. 

5 hours ago, pgwingman said:

I'm a fan of the signing, but let's not act like KK's play in the NFCCG wasn't a huge part of the defensive breakdown

The loss was a team loss, as I had stated before after that game.  If you wanted to pin it on one guy though, that guy wears #12.

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

The $6m is irrelevant. Water-under-the-bridge. You aren’t getting $6m in cap savings. The question is whether the $3.3m in cut-savings would afford anyone that is all that much better in FA. $3.3m would be correspond to the 63rd-highest-paid IDL cap hit last year.  

He had a rough start, but if I remember correctly, his grade ranked at least in the 50’s among IDL over his last 9 games, including playoffs. So it’s debatable whether the savings would afford an improvement. Certainly not the end-of-the-world if he is in your top-3 rotation. Seems like a low-tier #2 or high-tier #3, and someone who stays healthy. 

3 hours ago, British said:

Gute has some history trading away 4ths. 

Shipped 2 to go up for Savage. Used one to get Love. 

Its annoying.   You get your game changers round 1-3,   You win at the cap game if you hit on rounds 4-6.  Particularly rounds 4 and 5,  6th rounders always seem a long shot. Maybe we wouldn't be in as much of a mess cap wise if Gute didn't hand then out happily.

4 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

The $6m is irrelevant. Water-under-the-bridge. You aren’t getting $6m in cap savings. The question is whether the $3.3m in cut-savings would afford anyone that is all that much better in FA. $3.3m would be correspond to the 63rd-highest-paid IDL cap hit last year.  

He had a rough start, but if I remember correctly, his grade ranked at least in the 50’s among IDL over his last 9 games, including playoffs. So it’s debatable whether the savings would afford an improvement. Certainly not the end-of-the-world if he is in your top-3 rotation. Seems like a low-tier #2 or high-tier #3, and someone who stays healthy. 

yeah he's a guy you want to eat up snaps and not lose a game for you while your good player takes a breather. He is perfect for that role near vet min. But, as you alluded to, can't do much about that sunk cost contract right now.

25 minutes ago, 15412 said:

The loss was a team loss, as I had stated before after that game.  If you wanted to pin it on one guy though, that guy wears #12.

Quiet we aren’t allowed to hold one of the highest paid players in league history to that standard. He doesn’t have weapons...

Lowry is serviceable.  

Issue is Lowry being your 2nd best DL.  Need a big step up from Keke.  Even with that, there is no depth beyond Clark, Lowry and Keke.

Clark is being paid to be dominant.   GB is going to need that from him in 2021.

The other thing about Lowry is, basically any championship team is going to have some guys like that at certain spots. GB won a SB with Quarless at TE, a rookie Bulaga at OT, Peprah at S, and an amalgamation of Zombo/Walden/B.Jones at one of the edge spots. 

The key is just to not have too many of those spots, and for your big dogs to play up to the level of their pay in the playoffs. 

• Like 1