2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

15 minutes ago, cannondale said:

That one scares me at this point. He was offered and didn't want to come here more than once, and then finally took some short term cash and barely played. Couldn't get on the field in Seattle either. Dare I say he's grabbing cash at this point

Don't think you can take much from the Covid year. Frankly, I don't even think he intended to play until late in the season and probably wasn't in great condition. A traditional year would be a different story and he's still 32, not 36. He's the perfect candidate for a 1-year contract loaded with incentives. 

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I'll like it more if it's actually $2.1 guaranteed and not $4m.

I mean, you're talking about semantics here.  Not that it's going to be that ornerous to get out of.  You've got the signing bonus, which I think we can estimate is that $2.1M plus you're probably guaranteeing his salary for this year which is 660k.

8 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Don't think you can take much from the Covid year. Frankly, I don't even think he intended to play until late in the season and probably wasn't in great condition. A traditional year would be a different story and he's still 32, not 36. He's the perfect candidate for a 1-year contract loaded with incentives. 

I think the issue with the guy is his level of "want to" at this stage. He seems down right particular about when and where he feels the urge to play again. My outside looking in / uninformed take questions whether this guy has a full season in him. If he has enough "want to" - to put in a full season. Time will tell.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, you're talking about semantics here.  Not that it's going to be that ornerous to get out of.  You've got the signing bonus, which I think we can estimate is that $2.1M plus you're probably guaranteeing his salary for this year which is 660k.

You think only part of Lewis base salary was guaranteed?

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

You think only part of Lewis base salary was guaranteed?

No, I think there's definitely a signing bonus which is where I think that $2.1M came from.  His contracts have been roughly $2.15M the last 3 seasons, so you figure that's the general range of his cap hit for the upcoming year.  There's probably a base salary for ~$1M that effectively is guaranteed.  Expecting a Y1 cap hit of ~$3.5M hence the rounding that Schefter gave us.

13 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Can some explain to me how does that contract work?

If I'm reading it right, and I think I'm not, that's more than a $6m deal...?

No it's right. I think those numbers may be slightly off actually by about $50,000, which may be in the form of a workout bonus or something. 

Don't think of a $200k per game roster bonus as $200k "per game." That's paid as a 1/16th installment over the season. In other words, the "total" amount is $200k, not $200k x 16 games. 

So, basically, King gets: 

1. $1m salary
  2. $3.75m signing bonus (which he gets now but we pay $750,000 for 2021 cap and then $3m as dead cap (voided over 4 years) 
  3. $200k roster bonus
  4. Up to another $1m in incentives
  5. Probably around $50k in workout bonus

That adds up to $6m. In other words, it's a one-year deal worth $4.75 plus the incentives and bonuses. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

No it's right. I think those numbers may be slightly off actually by about $50,000, which may be in the form of a workout bonus or something. 

Don't think of a $200k per game roster bonus as $200k "per game." That's paid as a 1/16th installment over the season. In other words, the "total" amount is $200k, not $200k x 16 games. 

So, basically, King gets: 

1. $1m salary
  2. $3.75m signing bonus (which he gets now but we pay $750,000 for 2021 cap and then $3m as dead cap (voided over 4 years) 
  3. $200k roster bonus
  4. Up to another $1m in incentives
  5. Probably around $50k in workout bonus

That adds up to $6m. In other words, it's a one-year deal worth $4.75 plus the incentives and bonuses. 

Thank you for that.

Good deal, as stated especially for our cap hit this year at $1.75m 

Just now, Brit Pack said:

Thank you for that.

Good deal, as stated especially for our cap hit this year at $1.75m 

Yea, probably a little higher, closer to $2m because I think the first installment of the roster bonus counts on the cap, but I could be wrong. Cap hit probably around $1.9m

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

No, I think there's definitely a signing bonus which is where I think that $2.1M came from.  His contracts have been roughly $2.15M the last 3 seasons, so you figure that's the general range of his cap hit for the upcoming year.  There's probably a base salary for ~$1M that effectively is guaranteed.  Expecting a Y1 cap hit of ~$3.5M hence the rounding that Schefter gave us.

why do you think that Lewis only has a $660K salary?

12 hours ago, CWood21 said: