2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

I've learned a bunch today.

Trade Rodgers, trade Love, sign Johnny Manziel for the veteran minimum because he was drafted 22nd overall which means "the NFL market proved the three QBs were held in similar value indicating they were similarly ranked prospects" and start collecting Super Bowl trophies.

41 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I've learned a bunch today.

Trade Rodgers, trade Love, sign Johnny Manziel for the veteran minimum because he was drafted 22nd overall which means "the NFL market proved the three QBs were held in similar value indicating they were similarly ranked prospects" and start collecting Super Bowl trophies.

what an idiotic post lol

prospect =/= NFL player

are you like 7?

52 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

53x7mr.jpg

I'm not sure what the point is here? Obviously Rodgers would command more on the open market (like every single player ever) than he took signing prior to contract expiring with current team.

Regardless, it's unclear what connection you are implying between market price of QBs and team success.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I'm not sure what the point is here? Obviously Rodgers would command more on the open market (like every single player ever) than he took signing prior to contract expiring with current team.

Regardless, it's unclear what connection you are implying between market price of QBs and team success.

Rodgers even at market value offers more surplus value than a combination of free agents plus a jared goff level qb and associated contract.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Fact: internet draftniks have a TINY fraction of information available to them relative to NFL decision makers

Fact: nobody knows where Rodgers ranked on any team's board other than he was in GBs top 24

Fact: nobody knows where Love ranked on any team's board other than he was in GBs top 26

Conclusion: the NFL market proved the two QBs were held in similar value indicating they were similarly ranked prospects.

Fact: Anyone who says otherwise doesn't have a handle on the actual facts.

Do you not see the rarity in Aaron Rodgers? It's no different than Mahomes. Genetic rarity. A QB with no below average aspects to his game. I'm totally on board with your sentiment that we need to develop Love before we judge him or call him a mistake. However Rodgers is a generational talent, I've seen two QBs in my life with the wrist/elbow flexibility in that level, Rodgers and Mahomes.

Love was a great QB prospect, but I think you're waaaaay overselling "facts" here as just vague statements passable as fact to prove a statement I think you know deep down isn't true. Rodgers was a better prospect than Love.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Do you not see the rarity in Aaron Rodgers? It's no different than Mahomes. Genetic rarity. A QB with no below average aspects to his game. I'm totally on board with your sentiment that we need to develop Love before we judge him or call him a mistake. However Rodgers is a generational talent, I've seen two QBs in my life with the wrist/elbow flexibility in that level, Rodgers and Mahomes.

Love was a great QB prospect, but I think you're waaaaay overselling "facts" here as just vague statements passable as fact to prove a statement I think you know deep down isn't true. Rodgers was a better prospect than Love.

I'm not overselling anything. I'm stating actual facts.

If you saw the skills/traits in Rodgers in 2005 that nobody else saw and caused him to drop, you should really apply for a job somewhere!

There's no further proof needed showcasing their relative perception as a prospect than their draft position. It's the collective evidence of 32 billion dollar decision making teams vs a guy with a laptop and an opinion.

Edited by incognito_man

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

if he did, he'd have more rings

This is a self-defeating argument.  It undermines your point by building upon flawed logic.  Simply saying nothing  or making unsubstantiated claims would be a better argument than basing your argument on something you know to be demonstrably false.