Former U of Tennessee HC Jeremy Pruitt joins staff

Acgott

14 hours ago, Acgott said:

That’s quite a stretch there, on both accounts 

I think he's right though. Obviously, right now he slots in perfectly as Bielema's replacement for OLB coach. He will work alongside Sherrer, who was his DC at Tennessee. By all accounts, Pruitt was a crappy head coach, but he can really coach a defense. His defensive players loved him. Judges' comments indicate he'd like to fill vacant positions by hiring from inside if possible, so I could definitely Pruitt taking the reigns if Pat leaves.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I think he's right though. Obviously, right now he slots in perfectly as Bielema's replacement for OLB coach. He will work alongside Sherrer, who was his DC at Tennessee. By all accounts, Pruitt was a crappy head coach, but he can really coach a defense. His defensive players loved him. Judges' comments indicate he'd like to fill vacant positions by hiring from inside if possible, so I could definitely Pruitt taking the reigns if Pat leaves.

It’s definitely a possibility, but still the guy hasn’t officially been named to the team. He could be an advisor and not take an official position role. He also has never coached at the NFL level before.

The other topic, of Graham being named a head coach. There’s no guarantee that will happen next year or even the year after. Yes, we see insane things such as Brandon Staley and Brian Flores being named HC with minimal experience, but there’s so many factors to connect the two things like that. 

Crazy things do happen in the NFL though.