Texans hire David Culley as HC, Tim Kelly as OC, Lovie Smith as DC

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Broncofan said:

They kept their DC and OC...I think you're thinking of the retired BAL DC getting hired.

No, I’m thinking how they lost half of their positional coaches; David Culley, Joe Cullen, Jesse Minter, and Mike Macdonald, 

Just now, pwny said:

No, I’m thinking how they lost half of their positional coaches; David Culley, Joe Cullen, Jesse Minter, and Mike Macdonald, 

Fair enough - with Wink still there, I figure they'll be fine, but yeah, there's likely an adjustment period.

I really don't think they'll miss Culley at all, though.  Those pass game concepts are barely D2-level.

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Not at all.

The problem is it’s fitting a (troubling?)theme for McNair and Easterby, and I have a feeling it played a part in this.

I guess people will have to just give him a chance and see how things work out.  He seems like a decent guy in that video.  Either way, at the age of 65, he probably won't be around too long anyway - maybe 5-7 years maximum would be my guess.

1 minute ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Hypothetically, if word comes out that Deshaun asked for Culley, would you support the hire? 

Probably not. I'd soften my stance, but it still wouldn't change some glaring holes with experience and performance from what he was asked to do.

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I love that two weeks ago, Nate Tice was on the athletic podcast saying he really just thought the Ravens needed a passing game coordinator and had to be told they already had one.

And now that guy is a head coach

And the Ravens got 2 picks back for it, too.   

I applaud the initiative, but it seems like BAL fans are probably pinching themselves.

• Like 2