Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

I'm just going to keep it real here, I absolutely feel for the Texans fans. They bought into this team as a new franchise and stuck with them and just as they had the pieces to really start becoming a contending team, it all goes to hell in a hand basket. Keep your heads up though Texans fans! In order to get to the light at the end of the tunnel, you need to crawl your way through the dark in piles of **** first. This is your team and not Easterby's church. Don't ever forget that! 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Side note - Deshaun Watson is going to be a participant in the Pro Bowl stuff this weekend. He'll probably get microphones in his face asking about this.

The Pro Bowl might have just become must-watch TV.

I thought the pro bowl was virtual this year due to covid?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jaytrajik said:

I did it once before when the Oilers left town. Time to wear that mask again. I refuse to support this inept led organization. Brothers in arms

Going rouge, baby. Just like in the 90s.

5 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

This is your team and not Easterby's church. Don't ever forget that! 

I sincerely wish I believed this.

I don't. I appreciate the well wishes (from you and from everyone else) but this isn't something I see getting better for a very long time - not until Easterby is gone.

Easterby just defeated the only Ring of Honor member (Andre Johnson) and the 2nd highest paid player in football history... in a matter of three weeks.

He's at the height of his power right now.

4 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Texans will get 3 first round picks for him. 

...and proceed to pick Mitchell Trubisky, Trent Richardson and Corey Coleman with those picks.

So, it's not really good either way.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont understand why you dont think Nick will have influence. Nick is a football guy.

Because I've seen the past few weeks. Nick, David Culley, Cal McNair - they're all puppets to Jack Easterby, one half of the group that traded DeAndre Hopkins for David Johnson. 

22 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I'm just going to keep it real here, I absolutely feel for the Texans fans. They bought into this team as a new franchise and stuck with them and just as they had the pieces to really start becoming a contending team, it all goes to hell in a hand basket. Keep your heads up though Texans fans! In order to get to the light at the end of the tunnel, you need to crawl your way through the dark in piles of **** first. This is your team and not Easterby's church. Don't ever forget that! 

Except it’s McNair’s team, not the fans, so I get the sentiment of leaving a team over incompetent ownership. Hard to want a cheer for a team when ownership has other motives. Felt that way in Mn under Red McCombs, seems he was more interested in getting the team to relocate to San Antonio. But fortunately he eventually sold the team to ownership who fought to keep the team in MN.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

But fortunately he eventually sold the team to ownership who fought to keep the team in MN.

I'm actually dreaming of the day Mark Cuban swoops in and buys the Texans. We'd have to see whether or not he moves the team, but... He'd be such a different owner from what we know right now.