Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

1 hour ago, Beavis said:

Kirk+Thielen #14, a couple mid to late rounders for Watson is about as much as I'd go I'm avoiding multiple 1sts if possible but man pairing Deshaun with Dalvin  and JJ would be ferocious especially if the o-line is more consistant next year.

A Qb who is over paid and has done nothing and a WR on the decline plus a mid round first round pick. Good luck with that.

6 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

You’re assuming even with health that they’re  getting the 2019 level defense back

With Watson on the team it wouldn't matter. The defense would be good enough. Despite all the injuries this season, the 49ers were still one of the best defenses in the league. That was also with a corpse of an offense. 

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

Yeah and then it will get really ugly. Watson will have to pay $50K per day he misses, 5.4M per year he misses and 21.6M in signing bonus. So if he truly doesn't want to be a part of the Texans, he has to be prepared for what that means. If Texans play hard ball and force him to sit, they'll recoup the money, but lose any chance of ever signing a FA again. They'll be an albatross for other agents and players to want to deal with. So they certainly don't need to accept 75cents on the dollar, but long term you have think about your image in this league; one that is already piss poor with your owner saying "inmates running the prison" comments, along with past players(Hopkins and Andre Johnson) speaking out against you. 

This scenario is exactly why you see players show up to required practices but become "detriment to the team" type characters to force their way out. And the longer you allow that to happen hurts your present team, image across the league, and lowers the price tag of the player because now they have "character concerns". They definitely could "stick it to Watson" but in the end its a lose-lose and I have never seen that happen in any sports franchise. If it should have happened to anyone, it should have happened to James Harden in.... Houston of all places.... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nazgul said:

I was on your side here until you brought my Lions into it.

Your ****ty ran team has 4 playoff wins, and they've only been around since 2002.

The Lions have been around since the dawn of man and have one playoff win during the Super Bowl era.

We've suffered more, and we're losing our QB too. You'll survive.

Yeah, but your team never traded a 25 year old top 3 QB for a televangelist. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

If it should have happened to anyone, it should have happened to James Harden in.... Houston of all places.... 

Yeah. Yeah, it's been a bad year.

So, here is the nuclear option. I'm half expecting Cal and Jack to call on this playbook.

3 hours ago, Beavis said:

Kirk+Thielen #14, a couple mid to late rounders for Watson is about as much as I'd go I'm avoiding multiple 1sts if possible but man pairing Deshaun with Dalvin  and JJ would be ferocious especially if the o-line is more consistant next year.

Haha sorry man, that's a horrible package you suggested.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Yeah. Yeah, it's been a bad year.

So, here is the nuclear option. I'm half expecting Cal and Jack to call on this playbook.

Can't he show up and either not give any effort or fake an injury?
Like he has the contract, all that gets hurt is his trade value right?

People are overthinking the Texans leverage here. Its zero

Watson shows up for all camps and get no fines. Then start of week 1 practice he has soft tissue injuries or headaches.

Or he plays and every time a mic is in his face he talks about how much he hates it on the Texans and what a joke McNair and Easterby really are.

Or he just says " I thought I could get past the McNair family calling me and other players who look like me inmates in a prison but then this offseason they treated me like an inmate.

Your QB is supposed to be your leader and your selling point. Watson can easily be the reverse.

Example UFA text exchange with Watson:

Hey D, I can go sign with the Dolphins or with you, where should I sign? 

Have fun in Miami. Stay away!

• Like 1