Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Oh boy.

You want this one @ET80 ?

Well, if it's the front office stuff then that seems weird because everyone knew they had a horrible FO before he signed.

He has years left on his deal and he's a great young QB. Why would they even trade him?

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Oh boy.

You want this one @ET80 ?

Eh. I'll take it.

47 minutes ago, showtime said:

Is it just the losing season or the terrible front office (or both)?

I think both, but the heavier weight is that FO - past and present players have gone out of their way to lambast Jack Easterby and Cal McNair. Cal is simply incompetent, Easterby has his agenda and will crush everything to get it into place.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Well, if it's the front office stuff then that seems weird because everyone knew they had a horrible FO before he signed.

I think it got significantly worse once Jack Easterby took full control following the Bill O'Brien firing. 

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2021/1/28/22254545/senior-bowl-diary-day-3-texans-executive-jack-easterby-is-unhinged

This came out today. This is... Fun.

Here are two more nuggets:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/10/ex-chaplain-jack-easterby-houston-texans-chaos-after-power-struggle-daily-cover

This was the follow-up:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job

You'll see a megalomaniac who hides behind "culture" to demand compliance to his own vision of what he wants a team to look like - obedient to his will, no questions of his direction, no accountability to his actions. There's a lot of weird behavior in here - nothing you'd expect in a professional football franchise. Maybe a megachurch or a cult, but not a football team.

This all happened two seasons ago but then it ramped up SIGNIFICANTLY once BoB was fired. Ironically enough, BoB was keeping this crazy animal in check.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, showtime said:

He has years left on his deal and he's a great young QB. Why would they even trade him?

He signed the deal 4 months. He knew the issues with the Texans. I get that everyone is going to default to blaming the Texans, but Watson is also being a whiny toddler throwing a temper tantrum. The dude, allegedly, has refused to even talk to the team since the season ended.

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You'll see a megalomaniac who hides behind "culture" to demand compliance to his own vision of what he wants a team to look like - obedient to his will, no questions of his direction, no accountability to his actions. There's a lot of weird behavior in here - nothing you'd expect in a professional football franchise. Maybe a megachurch or a cult, but not a football team.

You seem to really hate this cat based on his belief system. Im not defending him, he seems incompetent at his job, but man - a lot of this stuff is not founded in his religion. 

Does he ever speak to the public? Or is he behind the scenes? How does he come across in pressers?

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This all happened two seasons ago but then it ramped up SIGNIFICANTLY once BoB was fired. Ironically enough, BoB was keeping this crazy animal in check.

He made you kinda compliment BoB. Thats the most insane thing in this thread. 

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You seem to really hate this cat based on his belief system. Im not defending him, he seems incompetent at his job, but man - a lot of this stuff is not founded in his religion. 

Read the articles. See how much he weaponizes his faith to justify his moves.

(I'm saying this as a Christian - I've seen people weaponize faith, monetize faith, contort their faith to feed their agenda. That is what's happening here. You can Google it if you like, but I'm done trying to head down this path).

• Like 5

Just now, ET80 said:

Read the articles. See how much he weaponizes his faith to justify his moves.

(I'm saying this as a Christian - I've seen people weaponize their faith, monetize their faith, contort their faith to feed their agenda. That is what's happening here).

Ive skimmed a few articles. It seems like he is a mix bag between people who think he is a snake oil salesman and those who genuinely like the guy. But rapidly the number of people who think he is insane seems to be growing.

25 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Rams would have to involve Aaron Donald to move the needle/compete with the other teams vying for Deshaun.

I’ll do that tbh but then the tables will turn. 

Aaron Donald for Watson and then trade Goff to a QB needy team like the Eagles or something like that.