Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

13 hours ago, August4th said:

Houston is about to lose 3 legends in 1 yr. Watt is probably done and the other two were in their prime. This something that only happens to small market baseball teams lol

4 legends. Don't forget BoB.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 2

I miss the XFL's Houston team. The Roughnecks went undefeated with a run-and-shoot offense that never would have worked in the NFL, but it was entertaining as hell and P.J. Walker was having the time of his life. 

Following Watson and the Texans has just gotten depressing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This reminds me of the Miami Marlins when they were LOADED with talent several years ago and traded all of them away.

I live in Miami. Nothing reminds me of the Miami Marlins, other than they soil the site of the incomparable Orange Bowl

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

maybe his vision all along was getting to start from scratch and build a team of try-hard Boy Scouts. 

Jack Easterby types don't want Boy Scouts. They want people who can be brainwashed into believing the Boy Scouts are scheming to take away the second amendment and Christianity

10 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

I'm just going to keep it real here, I absolutely feel for the Texans fans. They bought into this team as a new franchise and stuck with them and just as they had the pieces to really start becoming a contending team, it all goes to hell in a hand basket. Keep your heads up though Texans fans! In order to get to the light at the end of the tunnel, you need to crawl your way through the dark in piles of **** first. This is your team and not Easterby's church. Don't ever forget that! 

happy shawshank redemption GIF

14 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

If the Texans want to get him out of the AFC... I feel like the Niners will get him.

If they just take the highest offer regardless of who it comes from... Jets and Dolphins have got to be up there as favorites as well. 

Jests and Fishies...? Naaaaahh

Bill Belichick has this one all lined up and the Pats will be dominant for another 15 years. 

Hee-Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! 😅

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive skimmed a few articles. It seems like he is a mix bag between people who think he is a snake oil salesman and those who genuinely like the guy. But rapidly the number of people who think he is insane seems to be growing.

From one of the article:

As I said, Easterby is alleged to have sent texts like an abusive lover to this agent’s client but after he got no response (from an alpha-male- professional athlete- millionaire in his 20’s) Easterby took the time out of his day to then text the player's mother to let her know how concerned he was with the player's life choices. Seriously.

This is the guy currently in charge of the Texans.

I think it has to be Miami or NYJ for their ability to offer you an instant chance at a new potential franchise QB. Jets with that 2 pick are in the drivers seat and there's really no excuse for them not to pull this off... I'm almost in the "no price is too much" territory. We're talking a top 5 QB, who is only 25 AND locked down for several years.

I guess if the Texans are high on Tua, then Miami might actually be in driver's seat since they give you him plus your pick back (lol), but I doubt they are. New regimes love to pick their own guy and even with only a few starts in the league, young QBs are like cars when you drive them off the lot, their value instantly drops like a ton of bricks when they play and are not special.

I'm thinking an offer based around this (+ some 3rd/4ths)

Jets give

• 2022 1st
  • 2022 2nd
  • 2023 1st

Texans give

• Watson