Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Albert Breer answers a question about the situation:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/27/nfl-mailbag-jared-goff-last-game-rams

It’s up to Watson how serious they get.   James Harden can half-*** it for ten games to force their hand but you can’t do that playing quarterback.  I’d imagine he wouldn’t show up to avoid a circus.  I think if it’s their mindset to see if he’d miss game checks they’re only hurting themselves.  They should do right by him cause he’s a good person.  It’s a lose-lose.

47 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

It’s up to Watson how serious they get.   James Harden can half-*** it for ten games to force their hand but you can’t do that playing quarterback.  I’d imagine he wouldn’t show up to avoid a circus.  I think if it’s their mindset to see if he’d miss game checks they’re only hurting themselves.  They should do right by him cause he’s a good person.  It’s a lose-lose.

This is likely getting settled before Draft Day, if NYJ or MIA make an offer with either 1.2 or 1.3.  The rest of all of this is part of the lying game.

If NYJ & MIA aren't offering 1.2 / 1.3, then HOU can afford to wait.  But if MIA is offering Tua, 1.3, a 2022 1st and more, it's hard to see HOU thinking they'll do better (not that I'm sold on Tua, but I'm going with the angle that Tua's well-documented faith is going to upgrade him in Easterby & McNair's eyes).  It's just a matter of seeing if the market allows them to get their holy grail of 3 1sts and a cheap rookie-contract guy (Tua and 3 1sts being the holy grail - Jets 1.2 & 2 other firsts would beat it, but the other player then becomes the Q).

53 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

The first step is firing Jack Easterby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, patriotsheatyan said:

If the team Watson goes to sucks because they give up big time draft picks and let go of talent to pick up Watson’s contract, will he try to leave?

Not unless the FO goes completely crazy like the Texans.

Otherwise

Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 hour ago, patriotsheatyan said:

If the team Watson goes to sucks because they give up big time draft picks and let go of talent to pick up Watson’s contract, will he try to leave?

6 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Not unless the FO goes completely crazy like the Texans.

Otherwise

Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

Watson made zero noise about the org after BOB didn't get fired for his 24-0 coaching atrocity, traded away Nuk, and signed an extension with a handshake agreement (since they can't put into the contracts such language) to have a say in the next HC/GM.   And then they went ahead & hired the GM while he went away on vacation, without letting him know.   And then the owner said he spoke several times and was aware of Watson's concerns - when they had 1 text exchange.   The SI piece covers referenced 2 days ago covers all of this really, really well.

Ppl have to stop with the narrative that Watson might be the problem.   The only blame he gets is for believing McNair & Easterby last offseason.   Other than that, this is ALL on HOU, Easterby & McNair.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Watson made zero noise about the org after BOB didn't get fired for his 24-0 coaching atrocity, traded away Nuk, and signed an extension with a handshake agreement (since they can't put into the contracts such language) to have a say in the next HC/GM.   And then they went ahead & hired the GM while he went away on vacation, without letting him know.   And then the owner said he spoke several times and was aware of Watson's concerns - when they had 1 text exchange.   The SI piece covers referenced 2 days ago covers all of this really, really well.

Ppl have to stop with the narrative that Watson might be the problem.   The only blame he gets is for believing McNair & Easterby last offseason.   Other than that, this is ALL on HOU, Easterby & McNair.

Thank you!

In honor of your post and @ET80

pro wrestling GIF

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

What evidence is there that Watson has the capacity or desire to weigh in on a GM hire. What insights does he have on cap management or scouting?

Then don't tell him he's going to be involved??? He didn't ask. He was approached. There was no reason to lie unprovoked

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

@ET80 you must be feeling somewhat excited. Watsons value just went up ~25-50% on the Stafford news.

Only thing it does is keep ravenous NYJ fans from saying "this is the best the Texans will get for Watson... Lol you're not getting Quennin Williams, two firsts is as good as you can expect"

I was getting tired of that stuff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

@ET80 you must be feeling somewhat excited. Watsons value just went up ~25-50% on the Stafford news.

My Jet deal looks like the only deal possible now.

As the Texans Owner/GM it's legit the only deal I'd accept.

Sam Darnold, #2, #23, 2022 1st, and 2023 1st. I'll send a 2021 5th back to be nice.

I'd probably pick Zach Wilson at #2, and see what Darnold can do in 2021, maybe he balls in a new scheme.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Only thing it does is keep ravenous NYJ fans from saying "this is the best the Texans will get for Watson... Lol you're not getting Quennin Williams, two firsts is as good as you can expect"

I was getting tired of that stuff.

You know whats funny? I posted in the Redskins Watson thread that he is worth 5x of their first round picks because they have sucked at QB for so long. Applies to the Jets as well.

I just felt like messing with you to day. I figured when I called Watson a coward it would spark the emotions. 😈