Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

Just now, ET80 said:

You misspelled Quinnen Williams.

Not that I'd be a fan either way.

That's actually a much better trade. #2 (Zach Wilson), #23, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, and Quinnen Williams. Not bad, not bad. Jets would be insane to give that all up but that's about Watson's value, and why most say he's untradeable.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That's actually a much better trade. #2 (Zach Wilson), #23, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, and Quinnen Williams. Not bad, not bad. Jets would be insane to give that all up but that's about Watson's value, and why most say he's untradeable.

I'd prefer "untradable". 

And I'm 99% sure it's (insert defensive player here) at 2 and Mac Jones at 23. Micah Parsons at 2, perhaps? 

A Nick Saban-coached QB is about as "Patriots-South" as you can get. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

My Jet deal looks like the only deal possible now.

As the Texans Owner/GM it's legit the only deal I'd accept.

Sam Darnold, #2, #23, 2022 1st, and 2023 1st. I'll send a 2021 5th back to be nice.

I'd probably pick Zach Wilson at #2, and see what Darnold can do in 2021, maybe he balls in a new scheme.

Maybe I'm missing something but a pair of future firsts that are expected to be late round picks and a first this year isn't likely enough to get the number two overall pick heads up in a trade. 

I mean, if you have the number two pick in the draft and a team that is expected to be a superbowl contender says they will give you a tried this year and a first in each of the next two drafts(25th or later) are you giving up the number two pick?

The comp to the stafford trade is also completely ignoring Goff's terrible contract and it's impact on trade value. Heck, brock osweillers contract netted the browns a 2nd round pick and it wasn't as bad as Goff's and goff is a better player.

2, 23, a 2022 first and Darnold is likely the max comp coming from NY.

4 hours ago, ET80 said:
7 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Deshaun to the Rams for Goff just makes too much sense.. Throw in JJ with a franchise tag along with Goff. Power house. Life is good for the Texans. 

Paint chips you ate today were especially strong...

REALLY strong, given how reality worked out. 

24 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

You know these paint chips don’t taste that bad. They start to lose their taste after the 50th one. 

Do they come in Cool Ranch? I'm partial to Cool Ranch. I'm an old soul like that.

I do wonder how Houston is going to reach out to him, and try to "repair" the relationship, assuming Watson will want to listen. I can't remember this high profile on a QB demanding a trade this early in their career. It will be really awkward if Watson just refuses to speak with the Texans anymore, and he then has to show up to mandatory offseason workouts. Would they try to trade him then if he just seems like a malcontent? 

I'll never forget Andre Johnson when asked if he wants to be a Texan anymore "I'm under contract". He then later retired as a Texan though. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1