Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

42 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I want him to go to the Jets.

Do the right thing, Houston. Don't trade him to Chicago.

mvgGbew.gif

That being said I don't think Chicago has the chips to play at that game. Unless we tag and trade ARob AND beat the trade the Rams made for Stafford. Pace and Nagy should feel their seats getting warm though so I'm hoping they don't make a ridiculously bad trade for a declining QB.

• Like 2

McClain was the same beat reporter who said he’d eat his hat if Watson was traded.  Pretty clear to everyone it’s just a matter of when, to what team, and how much it costs.  

I also hope he’s found a good hat recipe.  

EDIT:  wrong take - he was becoming head coach before Watson leaving.   Coach John McClain, everyone...

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Well I think it's safe to say that the Patriots are out of the Watson sweepstakes. No way Belichick would spend that much draft capital on one player given what the Rams had to pay for a lesser, much older QB.

11 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

McClain was the same beat reporter who said he’d eat his hat if Watson was traded.  Pretty clear to everyone it’s just a matter of when, to what team, and how much it costs.  

EDIT:  wrong take - he was becoming head coach before Watson leaving.   Coach John McClain, everyone...

The article link is dead but this was real. When he swore the Texans would take a QB in the draft (they took Clowney). McClain is a clown

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Well I think it's safe to say that the Patriots are out of the Watson sweepstakes. No way Belichick would spend that much draft capital on one player given what the Rams had to pay for a lesser, much older QB.

yeah how else can he draft sony michel and n'keal harry

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

yeah how else can he draft sony michel and n'keal harry

Yes, Belichick has wasted a lot of picks on bad skill players in the draft, but has he ever spent more than one first round pick on a player? He usually tries to find cheap players that potentially add a lot of value like Antonio Brown, Cam Newton, Albert Haynesworth, Randy Moss, Aqib Talib, etc. He's great at stocking up on draft picks and keeping us out of cap hell. He would never leave the Pats in the kind of situation the Rams are in right now.

Edited by AJG

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Yes, Belichick has wasted a lot of picks on bad skill players in the draft, but has he ever spent more than one first round pick on a player? He usually tries to find cheap players that potentially add a lot of value like Antonio Brown, Cam Newton, Albert Haynesworth, Randy Moss, Aqib Talib, etc. He's great at stocking up on draft picks and keeping us out of cap hell. He would never leave the Pats in the kind of situation the Rams are in right now.

Well yeah the Rams are a special case who apparently never want to have first round picks. But giving up a ton for a sure fire decade long franchise QB... that's different than a 32 year old Stafford (who isn't as good as Watson) or a corner.

35 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

Well yeah the Rams are a special case who apparently never want to have first round picks. But giving up a ton for a sure fire decade long franchise QB... that's different than a 32 year old Stafford (who isn't as good as Watson) or a corner.

Belichick has never been in a position like this since he's always had Brady, so given the impact Watson would have it's definitely possible he will make an exception here. But given his history I just don't think he will win the bidding war.

6 hours ago, Broncofan said:

hes always wrong

Never has a QB with Watson's lack of resume been worth this much, its like trading prime Philip Rivers for 3 or 4 FRP's and some defensive stars, (which I assume he'll go for), the Texans are STUPID to not accept that kind of trade that comes their way, gain the ability to rebuild in half the time + destroy the team you trade your franchise QB to? I very much doubt we don't draft a QB in the next few years that takes us to one wildcard win in four years lol

I posted this a while ago, but why would the Texans trade Watson? He just signed a new contract. They should just let him rot unless they get an insane trade they can't turn down.

As far as the Texans go, just fine Watson when the season starts back up every time he misses a day and see how long he wants to go without getting paid.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

I posted this a while ago, but why would the Texans trade Watson? He just signed a new contract. They should just let him rot unless they get an insane trade they can't turn down.

As far as the Texans go, just fine Watson when the season starts back up every time he misses a day and see how long he wants to go without getting paid.

Because apparently Watson holds the leverage cause FA wont want to sign here if we holds out and he can just curse out the owners publicly.

Watson holds no leverage, if he tries to force his way out of Houston he's seen as a locker room cancer and I highly doubt FA's won't sign with us because our QB is holding out, especially as the rest of the team seems quite literally fine with the situation and isn't acting out like he is despite how according to the media, Houston is a dumpster fire.

Texans aren't going to trade Watson and this Stafford trade has just reinforced that, only about 3 teams can offer a good package and they all are teams that have good GM's who won't gut themselves for the type of QB you can just draft.

Edited by Drained

Just now, Drained said:

Because apparently Watson holds the leverage cause FA wont want to sign here if we holds out and he can just curse out the owners publicly.

Watson holds no leverage, if he tries to force his way out of Houston he's seen as a locker room cancer and I highly doubt FA's won't sign with us because our QB is holding out, especially as the rest of the team seems quite literally fine with the situation and isn't acting out like he is despite how apparently Houston is a dumpster fire.

Texans aren't going to trade Watson and this Stafford trade has just reinforced that, only about 3 teams can offer a good package and they all are teams that have good GM's who won't gut themselves for the type of QB you can just draft.

Deshaun Watson is not a FA until 2026.

I get that Watson doesn't want to be there and he has doubled down in his efforts to leave, but he just signed a contract last off-season. I'm not a Texans fan, so I'm speaking on this from a distance.  I get that the people who run the organization suck and all that, but this makes Watson look really bad, imo.

From an outside perspective, it looks like the team started losing and now he wants out. Last year when they want to the AFC championship game and were winning, he had no problem signing an extension.

I know that it's way more than just that, but still. Everyone has known the Texans FO has been a joke for years. Watson knew that too. He needs to man up and work it out.