Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, per local radio - Denver has now emerged as a real possibility. Given the assets, there's discussion that there will have to be a few higher calibur players thrown into the discussion to make this work.

The offer discussed is 2021 1st, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, TE Noah Fant, DE/OLB Bradley Chubb, QB Drew Lock for Watson.

@Broncofan@PFM18 - thoughts? I'll be honest, that sounds like a LOT. I wouldn't like it because Watson is life for me, but for others who are sticking around... That's a lot.

Would Denver take this sort of plunge? Watson to Cortland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, KJ Hamler and Albert O with a Mike Munchak OL would be a squad...

I would rather Denver offer Sutton instead because it’s easier to get 3 WR  than a difference making TE.   But Albert O allows us to part ways.   

Chubb is about to get pricey.  And he’s a lot more like Clowney than Watt.   But he’s an asset.  Probably not worth 1.5 but still an asset.

Reason why I mention Sutton is both he and Chubb have strong Christian backgrounds.  Sad to say that matters to HOU obv.  And Lock - Sutton have tremendous chemistry.   

I think it’s very possible.  Do you have a link? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

It's been all radio right now, I'll see if I can find something...

Please do - that will create a ton of discussion on our Forum if nothing else LOL.  There are a portion of fans who wouldn’t want to pay that much.   

I on the other hand would see if I could make it a 2021 2nd instead of the 3rd 1st rd pick (espeically if Sutton instead of Fant gets it done) but otherwise.. .giphy.gif

Edited by Broncofan

58 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, per local radio - Denver has now emerged as a real possibility. Given the assets, there's discussion that there will have to be a few higher calibur players thrown into the discussion to make this work.

The offer discussed is 2021 1st, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, TE Noah Fant, DE/OLB Bradley Chubb, QB Drew Lock for Watson.

@Broncofan@PFM18 - thoughts? I'll be honest, that sounds like a LOT. I wouldn't like it because Watson is life for me, but for others who are sticking around... That's a lot.

Would Denver take this sort of plunge? Watson to Cortland Sutton, Jerry Jeudy, KJ Hamler and Albert O with a Mike Munchak OL would be a squad...

I'd do it. I like Chubb but he isn't the guy. Great second rusher to pair with a true edge threat on the other side.

Fant would suck to lose. Sutton was brought up but I honestly think that he is about to break out.

The picks mean nothing.

57 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Oh man. I'd love Watson in Denver but when I look at the price.....it's a lot to pay.

But our record of drafting QB's has been worse than abysmal. To have an actual franchise QB for the next 10+ years would be awesome.

I'll just say if George Paton decided to do it, I imagine I'd be excited 🙂.

I'd miss Noah though. Really like Noah.

Agree with these other Denver dudes. Chubb has really inflated stats if you actually watch most of his sacks. The QB was alrdy hit or someone else had gotten through first and Chubb got them escaping. He's not a guy you're going to want to pay crazy money once his contract is up. Fant is great though it will be interesting to see how he gets over this ankle and lower body injury that hobbled him throughout this season. Lock is well...ya good luck with that. He's definitely just a throw in. I don't mind the 3 firsts either since no one that Denver really needs will be there at 9 this year (who really has that value). I accept that immediately if the Texans do. However I don't think they do unless perhaps Miami drops out. I think if that happens, Denver would certainly be Watson's favorite over those other teams listed.

I mean, who the hell knows what the Texans will do, but I don't think you can pull the trigger on a trade that doesn't set you up for a chance to pick a top QB prospect. You had better be sure if you take a deal from Denver that someone you covet is going to be there.

I just don't see how anyone outbids Miami if they want it. And they probably should given their draft capital. Go for the proven QB and don't screw around with the Tua experiment if you don't have to.

1 hour ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I'd do it. I like Chubb but he isn't the guy. Great second rusher to pair with a true edge threat on the other side.

Fant would suck to lose. Sutton was brought up but I honestly think that he is about to break out.

The picks mean nothing.

The reason why I bring up Sutton:

1.  He's going to be expensive in 2 years.  VERY expensive.

2.  Coming off ACL 12 months down the line to start 2021, he's not going to be close to his peak athletic self for the entire season.  It takes 18 months to get full explosion post-ACL.  First year back, it's nowhere close to physical peak - you're playing, but not the same.  It's what makes AP's season back post-ACL year 1 so amazing (he's a freak).

3.  Most importantly, our WR corps is the one area where we can absorb it.   Tim Patrick is only about 85 percent of what Sutton can do - but he's a cheap 85 percent.    We keep our 3-WR corps with Patrick / Jeudy / Hamler, we're more than fine, especially with Watson as the driver.

If Sutton could enable us to keep one our 2023 1st, and make it a 2nd instead, I'd be all for that.   From HOU's side, the spirituality Sutton has (bogus reason for 31 other teams, but not for Easterby), and more importantly, the Lock-Sutton chemistry can be a big selling point to allow us to lower the pick price - and then keep Fant/Albert O as a 1-2 TE punch that combined with our WR corps, would be awesome with #4 at the wheel.

Edited by Broncofan

16 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

2.  Coming off ACL 12 months down the line to start 2021, he's not going to be close to his peak athletic self for the entire season.  It takes 18 months to get full explosion post-ACL.  First year back, it's nowhere close to physical peak - you're playing, but not the same.  It's what makes AP's season back post-ACL year 1 so amazing (he's a freak).

3.  Most importantly, our WR corps is the one area where we can absorb it.   Tim Patrick is only about 85 percent of what Sutton can do - but he's a cheap 85 percent.    We keep our 3-WR corps with Patrick / Jeudy / Hamler, we're more than fine, especially with Watson as the driver.

If Sutton could enable us to keep one our 2023 1st, and make it a 2nd instead, I'd be all for that.   From HOU's side, the spirituality Sutton has (bogus reason for 31 other teams, but not for Easterby), and more importantly, the Lock-Sutton chemistry can be a big selling point to allow us to lower the pick price - and then keep Fant/Albert O as a 1-2 TE punch that combined with our WR corps, would be awesome with #4 at the wheel.

I learn something literally every time you post, dude. Seriously, good stuff.

18 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I mentioned it in the Bronco forum but I don't see the Sutton/Fant swap adding value. Sutton, coming off an ACL tear and only one year left on his contract vs. Fant who has 3 more years (including the 5th year option). 

12 minutes ago, rcpbawler said:

I mentioned it in the Bronco forum but I don't see the Sutton/Fant swap adding value. Sutton, coming off an ACL tear and only one year left on his contract vs. Fant who has 3 more years (including the 5th year option). 

Yeah, not to you or me, or to pure football guys.  But we're talking Easterby here, so the intangibles matter more.... I'm still on board for the other reasons, but I'm also hoping the lure of finding the guy-to-make-fans-forget-about-Nuk, and the spirituality angle, sways Easterby.

It's crazy that I'm even posting this angle...but given Easterby's track record, well here we are lol.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2