Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

I feel like whoever trades for him he will be an immediate starter

Immediate contender, not starter.

You'll have to forgive me, I'm actually rattled by this pretty hard. The team I love is literally being destroyed in front of me, and there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm honestly devastated.

• Like 17

Just now, ET80 said:

You'll have to forgive me, I'm actually rattled by this pretty hard. The team I love is literally being destroyed in front of me, and there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm honestly devastated.

I’m here for you bud. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I'm honestly devastated.

Can we short the Texans' stock and cause the team to dissolve?

• Like 2

things could change and i could be overreacting of course, but this really seems like it could stand to turn the texans into the browns/lions of the coming decade. if they go through with this, basically all of their premium talent is gone and the organization is going to be completely toxic for FAs. not only that, but they have so little draft capital that whatever they get from the trade will only really bring them back to normal instead of giving them a leg up. just a bad, bad situation.

Cal McNair literally being willing to blow up his entire franchise just for Jack Easterby... you hate to see it. I hope they're at least smashing, Cal's gotta be getting something out of this other than some sweet sermons. 

Also gotta wonder what the hell Caserio is thinking here. Dude turned down plenty of GM opportunities over the years, then jumped at this one in large part because of Easterby. And now the very act of him taking that job has led to running off their only valuable asset. 

Then again maybe his vision all along was getting to start from scratch and build a team of try-hard Boy Scouts.

All of this is just too bizarre. 

Just now, -Hope- said:

things could change and i could be overreacting of course, but this really seems like it could stand to turn the texans into the browns/lions of the coming decade. if they go through with this, basically all of their premium talent is gone and the organization is going to be completely toxic for FAs. not only that, but they have so little draft capital that whatever they get from the trade will only really bring them back to normal instead of giving them a leg up. just a bad, bad situation.

Absolutely right. Good luck recruiting anyone to that team when this is how you do business and treat your fans/players. On top of that, the HC you just hired is already 65 years old, he may not even be around for another 10 years in coaching before he retires.

It's very hard for me to imagine a world where this strategy doesn't plunge the Texans into the dirt for a very long time.