Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

... except for Byron Leftwich, Blaine Gabbert, Blake Bortles. Y'know, all former top 10 picks.

Not sure if you learned this in your... three months? Four months following Jacksonville? But, QBs go to die in Jacksonville.

They're 0-3 drafting QBs in the first, but maybe they'll avoid the Golden Sombrero this time when they have a generational talent fall into their lap. But, this IS Jacksonville... so who knows?

xD  That was before my time.  I don't know anything about that.  All I know is the Minshew Mania era and what we will be soon going into.  Hopefully, things will be different. 

Jeff Darlington is saying that Chicago Bears are willing to give up the most for Watson and find it hard for any team that is willing to give up more then what Chicago is currently putting on the table. I wonder what their current offer is? If Texans turn it down I see them then focusing on Wilson as a back up option.

I feel like Watson is obviously very good, but some of the trade packages I’ve seen for him are insane.

The Texans should take some of these crazy alleged offers, even if Watson wanted to be there.

Idk what the Bears could offer that would be so enticing. I feel like they lack a lot of young promising talent and they won’t have a slew of high draft picks.

Montgomery/Daniels/Kmet/Mooney/Johnson/Roquan...

Those are the only players I could see them being intrigued by, but I thought the Panthers would be a better partner. They have high draft picks and several young potential star players to poach.

It’s nuts tho. I don’t think I’d give up any player for him. I feel like 2 high 1sts is fair value right now.

• Like 1

Just now, LinebackerGod said:

I feel like Watson is obviously very good, but some of the trade packages I’ve seen for him are insane.

Agreed. If you're a team like the Jets that already lacks talent across the board, how are you going to build a good team around Watson if you give up a ton of draft capital? We've already seen Watson play at an elite level with a bad team around him and it lead to a 4-12 season. 

Miami makes the most sense because they already have a pretty good team and they have a ton of extra draft capital from when they fleeced Houston with the Tunsil trade. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Jeff Darlington is saying that Chicago Bears are willing to give up the most for Watson and find it hard for any team that is willing to give up more then what Chicago is currently putting on the table. I wonder what their current offer is? If Texans turn it down I see them then focusing on Wilson as a back up option.

Given that teams can't offer more picks than in the 2021-23 years before the draft starts - it's a click bait article.   Chicago's 1.20 & 2022-23 1sts don't have enough equity (or even close) to overcome CAR, DEN, NYJ or MIA's next 3 1st round picks.    In NYJ/MIA's case, it doesn't even have enough equity to overcome 2021-22 1sts alone.   Player-wise, their best talent is already expensive except for Roquan Smith - who's about to become expensive in 2022, with the new 5th player option rules kicking in, and then a 2nd contract.  So their player values don't form a big bridge to cover the pick gap, either.

More importantly, Watson's not even listed Chicago on his destination list - which obviously matters a ton.    

Wilson on the other hand, has put Chicago on his list - it's more a Q of when Seattle would seriously consider a trade.   That's harder this offseason simply because of the fact they gave up their 2022 1st to NYJ in the Adams trade, and they have 5-6 key players signed for 2021 only (Dunlap, Lockett, Reed, Duane Brown and yes Jamal Adams - Flowers if you think he's key is the 6th).    The pick & contract situation makes Wilson a far more likely scenario for a 2022 trade.   

The flip side is that GM Pace & HC Nagy are on the hot seat now.  It's a real problem for that org IMO - in that they probably would be best served by only putting a bid in for Russell Wilson this year - and if it's not going to work out, then a GM/HC combo not on the hot seat might actually sit tight and wait for a 2022 Wilson scenario to open up (which I'd guess that's better than a 50-50 prop at this stage).   The problem is that it's likely a new GM/HC making that decision if they wait until 2022.    If the Bears don't get Wilson or Watson this year (and I really don't see a path to Watson that's legit), that win-now-or-get-fired scenario could push Chicago to do something really desperate, like QB at 1.20 even if they aren't worth a 1st round pick.   Guess we'll see.

Edited by Broncofan

30 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

No Tua...

I'm personally not a huge Tua fan and if I was Houston I'd use the #3 pick to draft my own QB. Or address other needs and target a stop gap QB in free agency like Alex Smith, Marcus Mariota, or Cam Newton. 

Edited by NYRaider

On 3/6/2021 at 11:40 AM, NYRaider said:

I'm personally not a huge Tua fan and if I was Houston I'd use the #3 pick to draft my own QB. Or address other needs and target a stop gap QB in free agency like Alex Smith, Marcus Mariota, or Cam Newton. 

Still - Tua would be pretty much worthless on that Miami roster, and his trade value would be less than zero if this trade went down; You don't give up that much for Watson and keep Tua on the bench.

I think you either have to trade Tua before you make the deal with the Texans or you include Tua and let Houston make that decision (I'm higher on Tua, any deal including him would probably hold my interest briefly).

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

McClain is the media beat reporter who carries the FO water - infamous for saying he would be HC before they traded Watson.   Pretty clear the FO public messaging recognizing the inevitable outcome now...

7drHiqr.gif

Normally, I'd agree with you - but lately, I feel like McClain has lost that inside source to the Texans. He's been behind the likes of the national pundits in breaking Texans news.

Now - I know McClain was very vocal on the termination of Any Palcic, going on the record to say he hated the decision, and went so far as to openly speculate WHY Palcic was fired (comments on the past election).

I can't see Easterby giving someone like that any sort of access.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Normally, I'd agree with you - but lately, I feel like McClain has lost that inside source to the Texans. He's been behind the likes of the national pundits in breaking Texans news.

Now - I know McClain was very vocal on the termination of Any Palcic, going on the record to say he hated the decision, and went so far as to openly speculate WHY Palcic was fired (comments on the past election).

I can't see Easterby giving someone like that any sort of access.

Spoiler

Dance Party Dancing GIF by Cameo