Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Immediate contender, not starter.

You'll have to forgive me, I'm actually rattled by this pretty hard. The team I love is literally being destroyed in front of me, and there's nothing I can do about it.

I'm honestly devastated.

This would the equivalent of DEN trading Elway in the early 90's.

Or MIA trading Marino in the late 80's.

Not saying Watson is a HOF'er - but he's literally the only QB that people identify as the modern era QB for that franchise.    Hang in there, and hope whatever QB they pick next, ends up being at least 80-90 percent of Watson's performance.   Until that happens, it's OK to burn McNair / Easterby / BOB (remember he lit the match) dolls in effigy if it makes you feel better.

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Guess this is it.

Trade him to Miami or San Francisco - somewhere he's an immediate starter. 

I don't care what Houston gets in return, that franchise is dead to me going forward. I don't care what they choose to do with those draft picks, I'm out.

You could take your fanhood to where ever Watson ends up.  

edit - but you won't.  I've endured 20 years of Dan Snyder.  I can't imagine switching teams.  Heck we're not even called what we used to be called and I still root for the team.  

Edited by MKnight82

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Robert Saleh, Mekhi Becton, Quinnen Williams, and Deshaun Watson.  That'd be a fun group of four to cheer for.

No. I'm done.

I'm still a football fan, but not tied to anyone. Less chance to get burned like this.

Even with a demand he has zero leverage. Let him sit out they have him for 6 years with franchise tags he can either play the sport with the money he is getting or lose it and retire. He can threat all he wants but him signing last season gave his rights of making that move real.

There are 30 teams that wont be able to give him the compensation that will be enough with out them mortgaging the future in hopes of finding away to win now. Miami and Jets are the only 2 who can mortgage the picks because they have multiple 1st rds and future 1sts. However majority of dolphin fans on this forum are blaming the lack of talent around tua is why he didnt succeed so much this year. Without those picks how do you expect for Watson to succeed? The oline is average and the weapons are needed, with the cost of multiple 1st rd picks and the cap they will have to deal with will not allow them to get ideal weapons. Jets are a complete rebuild, even with Saleh you have an unstable owner and arguably on the same level as Cal is with the texans so why would you want to go there with a lack of oline and weapons along with a nonexistent defense. I just dont think mortgaging those picks you got from Seattle is the best way to get Watson, this team needs the process to rebuild. You just dont slap a bandaid on a bullet wound and think it is fixed.

As for other teams, if niners and bears want to throw everything at them then go for it but I dont think it will be enough.