Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I honestly think it's best for both parties I mean Houston is in a bad way for draft capital. They needed to bottom out and Deshaun would of kept that from happening.

:looks at standings:

You sure about that?

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I appreciate the offer - and I can appreciate the Lions, too. They're building to be a fun team, a tough team.

But I'm out.

This is the 2nd time in a lifetime a team has defeated me emotionally - first the Oilers in the mid 90s moving to Tennessee, then the Texans today. I really can't stand a third.

Meh, if they get the right haul they could bounce back pretty quickly. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Meh, if they get the right haul they could bounce back pretty quickly. 

But they won't know what to do with that haul.

They prioritize character over actual ability - that's how you end up with David Johnson over DeAndre Hopkins, Whitney Mercilius over Jadevion Clowney, Eric Murray over Tyrann Mathieu/Kareem Jackson.

It's not Nick, it wasn't BoB + it's Jack.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Oh I thought casserio was the gm this may be a hershel walker type trade though.

It could be a great haul, but I have zero confidence that this group will do much in terms of finding the right guys.

Imagine getting a haul, then drafting guys like Mitchell Trubisky, Trent Richardson, Justin Gilbert and Josh Doctson with those picks. Does it matter what you got in return if you crap it away?

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

@ET80 do you think they will take a lesser return in order to send him to the NFC?  Because I can't see anyone outbidding the Jets or Dolphins.  

I don't think this FO thinks like this. I don't know if this FO even thinks, for that matter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

But they won't know what to do with that haul.

They prioritize character over actual ability - that's how you end up with David Johnson over DeAndre Hopkins, Whitney Mercilius over Jadevion Clowney, Eric Murray over Tyrann Mathieu/Kareem Jackson.

It's not Nick, it wasn't BoB + it's Jack.

I mean, Garrett did the same thing with us and he led us to a top regular season record 3 times in a decade. High character doesnt mean low ability.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

It could be a great haul, but I have zero confidence that this group will do much in terms of finding the right guys.

Imagine getting a haul, then drafting guys like Mitchell Trubisky, Trent Richardson, Justin Gilbert and Josh Doctson with those picks. Does it matter what you got in return if you crap it away?

No but there's a reason Kraft Blocked Casserio for leaving for so long.

And even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

Watsons trade value will never be hire than it is now and I would prefer the unknown than an unhappy franchise qb that can go disaster.

As someone who was right where @ET80 is, just a year and a half ago — He needs time away. And he needs the people involved to go away, and he needs something to give him a spark again. And you can’t pick a new team and make it work. All that harbored resentment gets in the way of enjoying another team.

When the curtain gets pulled back, and you see the truly awful way your organization is treating players, and how they’re driving away all the talent, the only thing you can do is to just resent everything.

I was lucky enough that everything came to ahead at the end of Coughlin’s tenure and that a single year of trading everyone away that he wronged cleaned house and that we fell into a great QB prospect. For ET though, the appearance now is that this may just be the beginning of the ish show in Houston. 

• Like 3

I also recommend the Lions for @ET80. The fanbase is loyal. The team has no interest in re-locating. It's the beginning of a rebuild, so you can join at the beginning of something. They have one of the most diverse staffs in the league. Thanksgiving games every year. And who doesn't look good in blue?!?