Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread

deuces22wild

Thoughts on how far apart in value Trea Turner and Kris Bryant are in a keeper league?

In a 5x5 roto league we are able to keep two bats. Right now I have Harper and Bryant. Was offered Turner right now and a cheap price to get Degrom once the season is over (able to keep two arms). I tanked on the season early to lock up these guys for the future. Thor is my other pitcher. Thinking with Harper I already have a good start in avg, hrs, rbi. Would it be smart to lock down steals with turner?

• 1 month later...

I think it would be good to get turner. plus it would depend on how long you get to keep them...

6x6 NL only keeper league salary would you offer this for Trea Turner, Jake Lamb and Odubal. Herrera is on a cheap contract Lamb and Turner's contract is about the same. can keep forever if I want. the guy who has turner is 1st and doesn't want draft picks.

• 1 month later...

I heard a discussion on a fantasy baseball podcast that I thought deserved some mentioning.

With the smaller seams in baseball, power is no longer a rare thing one needs to pay a premium for.  Steals and pitching are.  The show that I was listening to suggested targeting pitching and steals early, and then filling in the power later on.  Which is the opposite of the conventional wisdom of the last few years.

Do you agree?  If so, who are some good sleeper power bats to keep an eye on?

2 hours ago, daintrain28 said:

I heard a discussion on a fantasy baseball podcast that I thought deserved some mentioning.

With the smaller seams in baseball, power is no longer a rare thing one needs to pay a premium for.  Steals and pitching are.  The show that I was listening to suggested targeting pitching and steals early, and then filling in the power later on.  Which is the opposite of the conventional wisdom of the last few years.

Do you agree?  If so, who are some good sleeper power bats to keep an eye on?

I did this this year with pitching over hitting. Would've dominated had Thor stayed healthy.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 12:07 PM, bigjohnson2009 said:

I did this this year with pitching over hitting. Would've dominated had Thor stayed healthy.

OMG if Thor was healthy I would have won regular season and playoffs and made out with about $1500.

@daintrain28 my strategy the past few years because pitching is weaker I load up on hitters while everyone scrambles and reaches for pitchers.  I make sure I grab one sure ace within rounds 2-4 then I do heavy research on high upside or guys trending up and then obviously hit the free agents during the year.  Pitchers get hurt so much you can't fill up on them.

12 team league I went 

2nd- Thor

5th-Cole (really banked on him to have a big year)

8th- Keuchel (he was one guy I had to get for this to work)

10th- Andrew Miller

11th- Nola (expected a big season)

14th- Paxton (high upside when healthy, generally paid off)

15th- Eickhoff

16th- Ray (high upside paid off)

19th- Bundy (flier on post hype)

20th- Daniel Norris

21st- Hector Neris

22nd- Brad Bach

Had a top 3(won a lot of categories so maybe top 2) staff without Thor, while having a top 2 offense.  Can't wait to keep Ray for a 16th round pick.  Also get to keep Ramirez for a 12th round pick.  Might keep Keuchel for an 8th too but IDK.  All my guys on offense hit except Braun who was injured but passable and Maikel Franco.  Picked up a couple of rookies late to make up for any weaknesses but all of my moves were pitchers or injuries.  This strategy got me to the championship last year as well.

• 4 months later...

8 team nl salary league keeper(10 keepers) 6x6... I have Jake Lamb, with the  humidor coming to Zona.. should I move him for Polanco(I think he rebounds big time this yr) could draft carlos Santana/Longo at 3rd overall... is that a logical idea or should I try to get Polanco using a 4th rd pick or something?

On 2/20/2018 at 1:55 PM, flyguy1609 said:

8 team nl salary league keeper(10 keepers) 6x6... I have Jake Lamb, with the  humidor coming to Zona.. should I move him for Polanco(I think he rebounds big time this yr) could draft carlos Santana/Longo at 3rd overall... is that a logical idea or should I try to get Polanco using a 4th rd pick or something?

I’d keep lamb