Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread

deuces22wild

6 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

id go Kershaw n turner, then Bryant, harper, goldy, Blackmon, Kluber sale.

I'd say Turner, Harper, Bryant, Goldy, Kershaw, Sale, Kluber Blackmon. Probably because I have a strong aversion to pitching as keepers. Kershaw was the exception until the back issues started popping up these last couple years, but he feels mortal now.

Doing a keeper league this year. We get to keep 4 guys, handing out 4,3,2,1 year contracts and losing that round pick. If it’s a free agent it will cost a 7th round pick. 

Altuve giving up my 1st and keeping 4 years. Jose Ramirez giving up my 12th and keeping 3 years. Now here’s where I am stuck and don’t know what to do. I’m not high on pitchers bc of injury issues all over the league but I plan on keeping Keuchel for one year because I drafted him in the 8th. Now I have Robbie Ray round 16 but idk if I trust him on having the same year and also have Aaron Nola who I’m really high on round 11. I suppose I can still get him without overpaying. Then I have Rafael Devers as a free agent and could keep him for a 7th but besides from his opening week or so he didn’t do much else. 

What do you guys think?  Oh and because I’m not keeping Noah Syndergard and I won the league I’ll have my 2nd round pick and 3rd overall pick and can redraft him in the second. 

13 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Doing a keeper league this year. We get to keep 4 guys, handing out 4,3,2,1 year contracts and losing that round pick. If it’s a free agent it will cost a 7th round pick. 

Altuve giving up my 1st and keeping 4 years. Jose Ramirez giving up my 12th and keeping 3 years. Now here’s where I am stuck and don’t know what to do. I’m not high on pitchers bc of injury issues all over the league but I plan on keeping Keuchel for one year because I drafted him in the 8th. Now I have Robbie Ray round 16 but idk if I trust him on having the same year and also have Aaron Nola who I’m really high on round 11. I suppose I can still get him without overpaying. Then I have Rafael Devers as a free agent and could keep him for a 7th but besides from his opening week or so he didn’t do much else. 

What do you guys think?  Oh and because I’m not keeping Noah Syndergard and I won the league I’ll have my 2nd round pick and 3rd overall pick and can redraft him in the second. 

id keep Robbie Ray the humidor will help Zona's pitching and he was a beast last yr. no way he'd be a 16 rd pick this yr.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyguy1609 said:

id keep Robbie Ray the humidor will help Zona's pitching and he was a beast last yr. no way he'd be a 16 rd pick this yr.

That’s what I’m leaning towards. Ray 2 years and Keuchel 1 year that way there’s no risk on Keuchel’s health going forward. He’s going to rack up wins if he’s pitching. 

On 2/21/2018 at 9:15 PM, Herbie_Hancock said:

Roto league. 

Choose the best two keepers, and then two more..

Goldy, Trea Turner, Blackmon, Harper, Bryant, Kershaw, Sale, Kluber 

You in a 4 team league? WTF? I would eliminate Turner. Kershaw is higher than Sale and Kluber. I would definitely keep him. Then Harper, Goldy and Blackmon

I'd say Kershaw and Harper are best 2

Categories league: R-HR-RBI-SB-BA-OPS  &  K/W/ERA/WHIP/K:BB/Saves&Hs

I'm keeping: Bumgarner, Schoop, Segura, Degrom, Bundy, Donaldson, T. Shaw and i still have my first 10 rounds of picks

Can you rank these 10 guys based on my team and value?

Jose Abreu

Edwin Encarnacion

Brian Dozier

Robinson Cano

Justin Upton

Nelson Cruz

Yoenis Cespedes

Khris Davis

Chris Archer

Carlos Martinez

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2018 at 6:37 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Victor Robles or Eloy Jimenez, I'm in a large league with only 4 bench spots. Want to pick one, who would you rather have? Who is expected to come up sooner?

They have similar ETA's, I'd guess Eloy ends up coming up earlier but probably only by a few months. Both are great keeper options (both better than Mejia because of the possibility of him moving off of C), but I would lean towards Robles for upside (scarcity of steals in the game today) or Eloy for safety (I see little chance he isn't in the league hitting like .290 with 30 HRs minimum sometime soon).

5 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Drafting a roto league this weekend. Standard categories except we added QS and OBP as categories as well.

what are your guys’ big board for a league like this?

The same as usual but you bump up OBP monsters like Votto or Rendon. Same for SP's on weak "W" teams who might be undervalued because they don't have a likelihood of wins.

Roto, 10 team league.

categories are HR,RBI,RUNS,OBP, SLG, Steals, and Wins, Saves, ERA, WHIP, and Quality Starts. How’d i do?

C: Wellington Castillo

1B: Carlos Santana

2B: Robinson Cano

SS: Trea Turner

3B: Anthony Rendon

OF: Aaron Judge

OF: Khris Davis

OF:Avisail Garcia

UTIL: Ryan Zimmerman

UTIL: Justin Bour

BN: Yoan Moncada

BN: Manuel Margot

BN: Nick Castellanos

BN:Marcus Semien

SP: Noah Syndergaard

SP: Luis Severino

SP: Aaron Nola

SP: Shoei Ohtani

SP: Aaron Sanchez

SP: Lucas Giolito

SP: Lance Lynn

CL: Roberto Osuna

CL: Cody Allen

CL:Hector Neris

CLRaisel Iglesias 

How did i do?

Not necessarily fond of this draft (for an auction I feel like I could have been a bit more aggressive in places - even though I ended up with only $1 remaining), but we'll see... I've had a knack for finding breakout guys on the wire along the way just prior to them actually busting out.

14-team 4x4 H2H format:

C: Chirinos Robinson

1B: Justin Smoak

2B: Ian Happ (also has OF eligibility)

3B: Josh Donaldson

SS: Yangervis Solarte (also has 2B/3B eligibility)

OF: Manuel Margot

OF: Eddie Rosario

OF: Avisail Garcia

DH: Nelson Cruz

BN: Jason Kipnis

BN: Matt Chapman

BN: Matt Olson

SP: Corey Kluber

SP: James Paxton

P: Robbie Ray

P: Luke Weaver

RP: Cody Allen

RP: Kelvin Herrera

BN: Blake Treinen

BN: Blake Snell

Went in on the premise that a lot of people were buying too easily into the "can wait on power because it's cheaper this year," knowing that the format it H2H so I wanted to snag power where I could and supplement with guys that brought AVG and R's to the table (our league doesn't count OBP, which I've been abusing for years).  Catcher and SS are relatively weak, but there were also like 4/14 autodrafting so those 2nd catchers they were picking up, I'll likely be able to claim off waivers once injuries starting hitting them.  Also, closely monitoring the situation in Minny and ready to jump on Nick Gordon if he gets the call-up due to poor performance by Escobar, since Polanco's suspended.

Any advice is welcome.