Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread

deuces22wild

1 hour ago, crab1106 said:

If you really dont want him Id trade him. Thats why good players are undroppable.

It’s not that I don’t want him, I just need the roster spot. I’ve tried to trade but only a few teams active & the teams that are have a player on IL unfortunately 

46 minutes ago, tgrades3 said:

It’s not that I don’t want him, I just need the roster spot. I’ve tried to trade but only a few teams active & the teams that are have a player on IL unfortunately 

In that case, the commish can make it so the league does not honor the undroppable list if you can convince them.

On 5/14/2019 at 3:22 PM, tgrades3 said:

Does anybody know if it’s possible to bypass the (can’t drop) tag in espn fantasy. I have Kluber hurt but already have Judge on the IL. 

Someone recently dropped Marco Gutierrez from Seattle & I wanna pick him up and drop Kluber

...Who?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I've drafted Julio Urias in 1 of the last 2 rounds the last few years in a 26 round 12 team keeper league that keeps 6 players based on draft position. 

Once again he isn't starting and is hardly pitching in relief. I'm in 2nd place in my league and could use his spot on a pitcher who puts up saves/holds

I'm not even sure I'd keep him as I have several good value picks that are working out. 

Also, Eloy Jimenez isn't exactly making me feel so great either, do I just ride this out and hope he turns it around? He is another supposed star in the making, he isn't playing like it but again I kept him in round 23 so there is a potential long term star keeper there

Considering I'm in 2nd place(only 4 make the playoffs) I'm trying to make the most of my chance to win while not screwing myself long-term. Thoughts on both these youngsters?

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I've drafted Julio Urias in 1 of the last 2 rounds the last few years in a 26 round 12 team keeper league that keeps 6 players based on draft position. 

Once again he isn't starting and is hardly pitching in relief. I'm in 2nd place in my league and could use his spot on a pitcher who puts up saves/holds

I'm not even sure I'd keep him as I have several good value picks that are working out. 

Also, Eloy Jimenez isn't exactly making me feel so great either, do I just ride this out and hope he turns it around? He is another supposed star in the making, he isn't playing like it but again I kept him in round 23 so there is a potential long term star keeper there

Considering I'm in 2nd place(only 4 make the playoffs) I'm trying to make the most of my chance to win while not screwing myself long-term. Thoughts on both these youngsters?

Eloy you definitely hang onto for that price.  A lot of rookies take time to adjust, I assume his skill set will carry over once he gets his K's figured out. 

Urias you could probably move on if you really need the spot but I still like his upside and as soon as an injury hits he will move back to the rotation.  Fantasy baseball is tough because you have to be patient and realize its a really long season.  I would probably sit tight right now and if you start to struggle and drop out of 2nd, then use Urias as trade bait with another position player to upgrade something significantly with a team that may not have as many good keeper options.

20 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Eloy you definitely hang onto for that price.  A lot of rookies take time to adjust, I assume his skill set will carry over once he gets his K's figured out. 

Urias you could probably move on if you really need the spot but I still like his upside and as soon as an injury hits he will move back to the rotation.  Fantasy baseball is tough because you have to be patient and realize its a really long season.  I would probably sit tight right now and if you start to struggle and drop out of 2nd, then use Urias as trade bait with another position player to upgrade something significantly with a team that may not have as many good keeper options.

Fair enough thanks

Last year was my worst year, i made a trade at the deadline to acquire Blake Snell when he was hurt and could be kept for a 15th

My pitchers are a huge reason why I’m winning as my bats are pretty pedestrian. Degrom and Snell arent even having an incredible year but i have several others that have panned out. I made a mistake taking a SP early(5th round) because he was a good perceived value and before he got hurt (Folty) but should have got a bat

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Fair enough thanks

Last year was my worst year, i made a trade at the deadline to acquire Blake Snell when he was hurt and could be kept for a 15th

My pitchers are a huge reason why I’m winning as my bats are pretty pedestrian. Degrom and Snell arent even having an incredible year but i have several others that have panned out. I made a mistake taking a SP early(5th round) because he was a good perceived value and before he got hurt (Folty) but should have got a bat

Just be patient with Eloy.  He will come around.  Maybe flip a pitcher for a bat but also I like having a strength on your team (hitting or pitching) and then focusing on a couple stats of the weaker of the two like steals or average. 

10 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Just be patient with Eloy.  He will come around.  Maybe flip a pitcher for a bat but also I like having a strength on your team (hitting or pitching) and then focusing on a couple stats of the weaker of the two like steals or average. 

Yea unfortunately my bats have been awful all week but I’m down just 4-6-2 because of pitching. Sadly the scoring i think favors teams that have loads of RPs because they will punt Ks and Wins but have a great chance to win: ERA, WHIP, K:BB and Saves/Holds

Would you trade Blake Snell for Eddie Rosario?

Snell costs a 13th round pick next year and Rosario costs a 20th next year

My other SPs are:

Degrom(keep for a 5th next year(2020) but 1st in 2021)

Giolito(keep for a 26th)

Mike Folty

Tanaka

Z. Wheeler(keep for a 24th)

Odorizzi(keep for a 26th, but likely falls off a cliff if history is any indication)

Urias(keep for a 23rd)

Plesac

I feel like I have plenty of decent SPs and I need some power but at the same time if I deal Snell, I need a keeper back. Rosario would be a great long term value, just wondering if I'm not getting enough there

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Would you trade Blake Snell for Eddie Rosario?

Snell costs a 13th round pick next year and Rosario costs a 20th next year

My other SPs are:

Degrom(keep for a 5th next year(2020) but 1st in 2021)

Giolito(keep for a 26th)

Mike Folty

Tanaka

Z. Wheeler(keep for a 24th)

Odorizzi(keep for a 26th, but likely falls off a cliff if history is any indication)

Urias(keep for a 23rd)

Plesac

I feel like I have plenty of decent SPs and I need some power but at the same time if I deal Snell, I need a keeper back. Rosario would be a great long term value, just wondering if I'm not getting enough there

I’d want more than Rosario.  Smell at that value in a keeper league should bring you an elite bat, not a very good bat.  I’d make it be known he is available and see what offers you get. Or just sit tight and let your pitchers win for you until your bats wake up. 

At what point do I give up on Mike Folty? He is 1-5 with a terrible ERA, WHIP and above average K:BB ratio which is his only redeeming quality now. I know its not even in July but he is giving me nothing. If I drafted him at his ADP like he's playing now, he'd be dropped but I got him for a little cheaper than market value and now regretting even doing that

I'm in a league with 6 batting categories: R-HR-RBI-SB-BA-OPS

My 2nd baseman is Brian Dozier(just picked him up because he was hot) should I drop him for Cavan Biggio? I know Biggio is still really young and ultra hot right now and while it is a keeper league, I can only keep 6 guys so idk if that's a factor

Also my catcher situation has been pretty much adding whoever is hot and gets regular starts. I have Josh Phegley right now. Any guys you think are worth looking at? 

James McCann is available, is he a better option?