Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread

deuces22wild

On 6/5/2019 at 11:20 AM, Sllim Pickens said:

Eloy you definitely hang onto for that price.  A lot of rookies take time to adjust, I assume his skill set will carry over once he gets his K's figured out. 

Urias you could probably move on if you really need the spot but I still like his upside and as soon as an injury hits he will move back to the rotation.  Fantasy baseball is tough because you have to be patient and realize its a really long season.  I would probably sit tight right now and if you start to struggle and drop out of 2nd, then use Urias as trade bait with another position player to upgrade something significantly with a team that may not have as many good keeper options.

Thanks Sllim, Eloy has been killing it lately. He and Yordan Alvarez are 2 big reasons why I might not need to trade my SPs for power

I assume its silly to consider dropping Craig Stammen? He has been shelled in multiple outings the last month with an ERA over 8 and horrible WHIP/K:BB numbers. He gets holds though and that's paired with our saves to make 1 category so he has value there

On 6/8/2019 at 5:15 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I’d want more than Rosario.  Smell at that value in a keeper league should bring you an elite bat, not a very good bat.  I’d make it be known he is available and see what offers you get. Or just sit tight and let your pitchers win for you until your bats wake up. 

Is it still a bad look to trade him for Rosario? I feel like I'm losing my patience with him, ERA over 5 now and WHIP over 1.3 and his last 3 starts have been God-Awful

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is it still a bad look to trade him for Rosario? I feel like I'm losing my patience with him, ERA over 5 now and WHIP over 1.3 and his last 3 starts have been God-Awful

I feel like you tend to be too quick to react for fantasy baseball.  Its a long season and players all go through slumps and dominant streaks and you just have to be patient.  If you move him you are currently selling at an all time low price which doesn't make sense to me.  I'd wait and just not start him until he figures it out.  I have faith he gets it back together and his K numbers are always highly sought after.  If you move him, I would still want more than Rosario by far.  Especially given his cheap value as a keeper.

19 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I feel like you tend to be too quick to react for fantasy baseball.  Its a long season and players all go through slumps and dominant streaks and you just have to be patient.  If you move him you are currently selling at an all time low price which doesn't make sense to me.  I'd wait and just not start him until he figures it out.  I have faith he gets it back together and his K numbers are always highly sought after.  If you move him, I would still want more than Rosario by far.  Especially given his cheap value as a keeper.

I am itchy-trigger fingered. It's definitely burned me in the past. Not happy about a few guys I've dropped this year but when someone is batting under .180 after 2 months I feel like they gotta go. 

I'll hold on to Snell, but make it known that he is available for trade and see what comes in. Unless something hits me between the eyes, I'll stay put

I do wish this thread was more active as I love bouncing ideas off of people and the group I'm in are the only people that play fantasy baseball unlike fantasy football which everyone plays

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in the playoffs(in the 2nd week of our Week 1 matchup), I'm pretty much a lock to win the saves/holds category(he only has 1 RP and unless he drops his chance at winning Ks and Wins for it, I cant lose it) but I'm in a streaming war with the other guy so I need to probably drop 1 of my 5 RPs to keep up. Julio Urias is someone I'm considering dropping since right now he is starting but not getting enough innings to get wins and won't get a hold/save in this scenario either so I'm wondering if I should drop him? My other RPs at least give me saves, Urias is pitching well so its nice to have a boost to ERA/WHIP/K:BB but otherwise he gives me 6-7 innings a week, hopefully with good splits but ZERO chance to get me a win or hold

Would you drop Urias? We cant trade now until the offseason

I feel like I have plenty of keeper options, especially at pitcher so keeping him isn't a forgone conclusion and we can only keep 6 guys

Guys to consider:

Yordan Alvarez(26th)

Blake Snell(13th)

Jacob Degrom(5th)

Charlie Blackmon(1st)

Lucas Giolito(26th)

Jake Odorizzi(26th)

Eduardo Escobar (10th)

Xander Bogaerts(2nd)

Julio Urias(25th)

Eloy Jimenez(20th)

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

16 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm in the playoffs(in the 2nd week of our Week 1 matchup), I'm pretty much a lock to win the saves/holds category(he only has 1 RP and unless he drops his chance at winning Ks and Wins for it, I cant lose it) but I'm in a streaming war with the other guy so I need to probably drop 1 of my 5 RPs to keep up. Julio Urias is someone I'm considering dropping since right now he is starting but not getting enough innings to get wins and won't get a hold/save in this scenario either so I'm wondering if I should drop him? My other RPs at least give me saves, Urias is pitching well so its nice to have a boost to ERA/WHIP/K:BB but otherwise he gives me 6-7 innings a week, hopefully with good splits but ZERO chance to get me a win or hold

Would you drop Urias? We cant trade now until the offseason

I feel like I have plenty of keeper options, especially at pitcher so keeping him isn't a forgone conclusion and we can only keep 6 guys

Guys to consider:

Yordan Alvarez(26th)

Blake Snell(13th)

Jacob Degrom(5th)

Charlie Blackmon(1st)

Lucas Giolito(26th)

Jake Odorizzi(26th)

Eduardo Escobar (10th)

Xander Bogaerts(2nd)

Julio Urias(25th)

Eloy Jimenez(20th)

Yes I would drop Urias he's not getting kept and he's not helping enough.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:43 PM, bigjohnson2009 said:

Yes I would drop Urias he's not getting kept and he's not helping enough.

As I said in PMs, he likely will be kept given his value and likely starting spot next year.  Also you need to throw out the other options to drop to get an accurate answer.  If Urias was the only option, he would be droppable, but I don't think he is the only option.

I'm in the finals by the skin of my teeth. I'm wondering if I should be benching some of my SPs for matchups

Steven Matz goes tonight @ Colorado

Jeff Samardzija goes @ Boston Wednesday

Should I bench either or both? They are my 2 worst SPs so I'm not sure if I want to start the week off with them and not so great matchups

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
17 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

I’m in an nl only keeper salary league. Can keep forever if you chose.. I traded yelich for kris Bryant and Robles.. was it a fair trade or should I have gotten more?

The only issue I see is the potential of Bryant going to the AL in the next year being significant.