Fantasy Baseball Advice Thread

deuces22wild

So my friend has the 1st pick in our 12 team draft and I help her with her team/draft from time to time. She really wants to draft Anthony Rizzo(DieHard Cubs fan) but not only are Freeman and Goldy available at 1st base, Yelich, Altuve, Blackmon, Kershaw and Marte are also available. She is dead-set on picking Rizzo, I want to trade with her to get a better pick because I think Yelich/Altuve are easily the Top-2 and then there's a drop-off. And I pick 4th(once keepers are factored in)

1. Is it wrong of me to trade with someone I help?

2. What would be fair? I feel like I don't exactly need to offer incredible value if she is deadset on taking Rizzo and is just looking to make a better value pick.

Is me trading pick 4 and pick 10(my 1st and 2nd round picks) for her 1st pick and pick #16 fair? She gets better value for Rizzo and a better 2nd round pick while I get a top-tier pick and a lesser 2nd

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So my friend has the 1st pick in our 12 team draft and I help her with her team/draft from time to time. She really wants to draft Anthony Rizzo(DieHard Cubs fan) but not only are Freeman and Goldy available at 1st base, Yelich, Altuve, Blackmon, Kershaw and Marte are also available. She is dead-set on picking Rizzo, I want to trade with her to get a better pick because I think Yelich/Altuve are easily the Top-2 and then there's a drop-off. And I pick 4th(once keepers are factored in)

2. What would be fair? I feel like I don't exactly need to offer incredible value if she is deadset on taking Rizzo and is just looking to make a better value pick.

Is me trading pick 4 and pick 10(my 1st and 2nd round picks) for her 1st pick and pick #16 fair? She gets better value for Rizzo and a better 2nd round pick while I get a top-tier pick and a lesser 2nd

I don't see an issue. You have to use the information that you're given. Fantasy Baseballs not the stock market. I think the offer is fair. 

That said, I think Rizzo is fair value at 4 or 5 if those are the best players available so be sure that someone at 3 doesn't also love Rizzo.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The pick swap is fair for sure. Also, if you both are happy then it's all good imo

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

In a league where everyone knows their stuff, I am not sure I would trade yelich and whoever is drafted at 16 for Rizzo and whoever may be drafted at 10.  But it isn't far off enough that I would consider it collusion or unfair.

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

The offer is fine and there's no reason for anyone to suspect any type of collusion and whatnot. Also, at risk of not pissing her off, is it a guarantee that Rizzo will go after Goldy or Freeman?

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The offer is fine and there's no reason for anyone to suspect any type of collusion and whatnot. Also, at risk of not pissing her off, is it a guarantee that Rizzo will go after Goldy or Freeman?

I suppose its not a guarantee but throw in Kershaw and Blackmon too, you would assume 1 of those 4 goes before Rizzo as Yelich and Altuve have got to be 1-2 2-1

So it sounds like that deal will fall thru so I'll miss out on Yelich and Altuve for sure

In a categories league: R-HR-RBI-SB-BA-OPS & K-W-ERA-WHIP-K:BB-Saves/Holds

I'm keeping:

Jacob Degrom

Blake Snell

Zach Wheeler

Jean Segura

Travis Shaw

Eloy Jimenez

Clearly my pitching is better but Kershaw could be BPA at pick 4

Can you rank these guys for me? This is everyone available in ESPN's Top-50 since most of the good players are kept in our 12 person league. We start a large lineup so its more of less a BPA question.

Christian Yelich

Jose Altuve

Freddie Freeman

Paul Goldschmidt

Clayton Kershaw

Charlie Blackmon

Khris Davis

Starling Marte

Anthony Rendon

Anthony Rizzo

George Springer

Xander Bogaerts

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So it sounds like that deal will fall thru so I'll miss out on Yelich and Altuve for sure

I'm keeping:

Jacob Degrom

Blake Snell

Zach Wheeler

Jean Segura

Travis Shaw

Eloy Jimenez

Can you rank these guys for me? This is everyone available in ESPN's Top-50 since most of the good players are kept in our 12 person league. We start a large lineup so its more of less a BPA question.

Christian Yelich

Jose Altuve

Freddie Freeman

Paul Goldschmidt

Clayton Kershaw

Charlie Blackmon

Khris Davis

Starling Marte

Anthony Rendon

Anthony Rizzo

George Springer

Xander Bogaerts

Yelich

Altuve

Blackmon

Bogaerts

Goldschmidt 

Kershaw

Davis

Rizzo

Freeman

Springer 

Rendon

Marte

15 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm keeping:

Jacob Degrom

Blake Snell

Zach Wheeler

Jean Segura

Travis Shaw

Eloy Jimenez

Christian Yelich

Jose Altuve

Freddie Freeman

Paul Goldschmidt

Clayton Kershaw

Charlie Blackmon

Khris Davis

Starling Marte

Anthony Rendon

Anthony Rizzo

George Springer

Xander Bogaerts

I would put Davis to the end and swap Bogaerts and Springer and that would be my ranking.

1 hour ago, The Orca said:

MLB or MiLB sleepers?

Honestly I'd take both. Our league is 12 teams, 6 keepers and guys are kept at where they are drafted and there is inflation as you continue to keep the same player. With only 4 bench spots its tough to stash guys who won't play so if you mention guys in the minors, a projected ETA would be nice if you could. give it.

Guerrero, Jimenez, and  Robles are the only guys on the MLB 2019 prospect watch list that will be kept. 

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832