SF Deandre Hunter

SG Kevin Huerter

OC Onyeka Okongwu

SG Tony Snell (to match salaries)

2021 Atlanta First

2022 Atlanta First

Hawks Receive:

SG Brady Beal

Trade works per ESPN Trade Machine.  It also gets Washington under the luxury tax.

30 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Like what?

Someone with more cornerstone potential like MPJ or a plethora of picks. It is better than what most teams could offer though

This actually looks pretty good, in that I looked at it and asked who said no and my best guess is, both?

For Atlanta, they're emptying the cabinet to make a win-now run, but with a team that I'm not 100% is READY to win now. I think they'd think about it reeeeal hard.

For Washington, they're getting a lot of solid/good young players, but nobody who's more likely than not to become an all-star. And it might actually be TOO MUCH immediate value and not enough draft focus. As I think Russ plus these pieces might be enough to screw up their tanking potential (at least to keep them out of the top 5-6).

It's a really good hypothetical, very thought provoking. Well done.

25 minutes ago, FGK said:

This actually looks pretty good, in that I looked at it and asked who said no and my best guess is, both?

That usually means its a good trade.

26 minutes ago, FGK said:

For Atlanta, they're emptying the cabinet to make a win-now run, but with a team that I'm not 100% is READY to win now. I think they'd think about it reeeeal hard.

Are they though?  I mean Bogdanovic and Gallinari kind of already make Hunter pointless.  Beal would push Huerter's minutes really low.  Capela already plays Okongwu's position.  

29 minutes ago, FGK said:

And it might actually be TOO MUCH immediate value and not enough draft focus.

That's true, but I think the 3 guys are solid contributors.  

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Washington would and should demand Collins.

He's up for an extension now and Washington already has the anchor of Westbrook's deal on the books.  They shouldn't want Collins IMO.  

45 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

He's up for an extension now and Washington already has the anchor of Westbrook's deal on the books.  They shouldn't want Collins IMO.  

Shouldn't want Atlanta's best available player? A versatile big man who's still years away from his prime?

They have to spend their money somewhere. Why not Collins? It's not like he's approaching 30. He's 23.

51 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Shouldn't want Atlanta's best available player? A versatile big man who's still years away from his prime?

They have to spend their money somewhere. Why not Collins? It's not like he's approaching 30. He's 23.

What money?  They are currently over the luxury tax.  One of the things about my trade proposal is that it gets Washington under the tax.

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

What money?  They are currently over the luxury tax.  One of the things about my trade proposal is that it gets Washington under the tax.

Taking on Collins would still get them under the luxury tax this season.

Even with an extension, they would likely be under the tax next season. Even if they creeped over, they'd be an easy move away from ducking it.

21 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Taking on Collins would still get them under the luxury tax this season.

Even with an extension, they would likely be under the tax next season. Even if they creeped over, they'd be an easy move away from ducking it.

If John Collins is so good why isn't Atlanta extending him?  In fact they are reportedly shopping him.  He's one of these guys that looks good when he's on a rookie contract but everyone is going to be saying is overpaid once he gets real money.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

If John Collins is so good why isn't Atlanta extending him?  In fact they are reportedly shopping him.  He's one of these guys that looks good when he's on a rookie contract but everyone is going to be saying is overpaid once he gets real money.  

I mean, they tried. Offered him a $90 million contract. He turned it down.

This is one is interesting.  Wouldn't love it, but wouldn't hate it.  Almost feels like a move that would push them into purgatory, though.  Probably better off acquiring a lot more draft capital, and bottoming out.  Atlanta already seems interested in pushing their timeline forward with the Gallo and Bogdan deals, and this would keep pushing them in that direction.