NV's mock offseason

NVRamsFan

This is just what I would do with my take on the team as it is. Not a lot of trades really just one involving a player. I also am going forward with the assumption that the salary cap maintains it's current level for a year or two so we just do a restructure with either AD or Ramsey to provide some cap room. I'm sure fans of teams I'm trading with won't like these ideas same with the couple of free agents I'm signing but we'll see how things shake out. 

Free agents
Not resigning:
OLB Leonard Floyd
SS John Johnson III
CB Troy Hill
OL Austin Blythe
HB Malcolm Brown
TE Gerald Everett
WR Josh Reynolds
OLB Samson Ebukam
TE Johnny Mundt

Resigning:
LS Jake McQuaide
CB Darious Williams
ILB Travin Howard
OL Coleman Shelton
DE Morgan Fox

That's a lot not being brought back and while I'd love to bring back Floyd I think he is just too expensive in the end and we can replace brown. The rest are pretty standard.

Trades:
Joe Noteboom to the Jets for a 5th round pick #137
We move on from a guy that's largely been disappointing or injured and the Jets get a guy they can try at RT or use as a swing tackle. I was a big supporter of his for a long time but the injuries for me just became too much so I'm willing to move on from him.

Rams trade a 3rd round comp pick to the Browns for their 1st selection in the 4th round and their 5th round pick. Browns see a DB they want and move up to get him.

This gives us a 2nd round pick, 2 picks in the 3rd, 4th round a 5th rounds and one in the 6th and 7th.

Signing:

John Feliciano Guard
He got beat some by Chris Jones in the AFCCG but then most everybody does get beat by him. He's capable at both Guard and Center but I think we'll slide him in at RG and move Corbett inside.

Ryan Kerrigan OLB Washingotn.

He has a very big cap hit coming and two young studs in front of him making him expendable. There is a possibility he retires or resigns there on the cheap because he's mentioned he wants to end his career in Washington. But for the purpose of this mock I'm signing him for our yearly free agent to come in and get 10+ sacks behind AD.

Draft

Pick 25 in the 2nd round:
Dillon Radunz OT NDSU

My guy to be the future LT. He'll come in and compete with Edwards at LG and learn next to Whitworth for a year. He's off to a good start at the Senior Bowl and could rise up the draft boards but most of what I see has him in the mid 2nd round range.

Pick 24 in the 3rd round:
Ade Okundeji Edge Notre Dame

Watched some of their games and he stood out on tape. He's off to a great start at the Senior bowl and will come in to compete at Edge.

Comp pick 3rd round:
Tony Fields II LB West Virginia

With no trade up for one of the Ohio St LB I'm going with Fields. I know he's been mocked before but this is a guy who can come in and play his rookie year. He'll come in and compete with Kenny Young for snaps.

Pick 5 in the 4th Round (obtained in the trade down with Cleveland):
Ambry Thomas CB Michigan

More of a press corner but has some zone ability but he's a very good returner. I think he can come in and compete with Daeyon and Long and Burgess as our 5th DB but he should be our kick returner day 1.

Comp pick 4th round:
Ihmir Smirth Marsette WR Iowa

Brings in some much needed speed at the WR position. He's 6'2" and 186 lbs with some room to get stronger but has good speed and in space is able to make things happen. With Thomas coming in to return kicks Ihmir also could compete there or be the punt returner. This guy should add some sizzle to the offense.

Pick 10 in the 5th round (obtained from the Jets for Boom)
Khalil Herbert RB Virginia Tech

Shorter back with some thickness not a burner. Can work his way up the depth chart replacing Brown. Needs to work on pass pro but can gain yards between the tackles.

Pick 23 in the 5th round (obtained from Cleveland in the trade down):
Royce Newman G Miss St.

Another Senior bowl player and even though the Rams won't be there we know Snead loves guys playing in these games. At 6'6" 312 lbs he's got good size and comes in to be depth at Guard. He's good in pass protection but Kromer will work on him in the run game to be more consistent there.

Pick 24 in the 6th round:
JaCoby Stevens S LSU

More of a box safety but not weak in coverage. Comes in a depth behind Burgess, Fuller and Rapp along with Scott. Will contribute on ST while learning.

Pick 25 in the 7th round:
Briley Moore TE Kansas State

Good blocker and receiver but wasn't utilized a lot at KState until this past season. Could come in and compete with Blanton and Hopkins behind Higbee.

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Cam Akers
WR: Cooper Kupp
WR: Robert Woods
WR: Van Jefferson/Ihmir Smith Marsette
TE: Tyler Higbee
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Dillon Radunz/David Edwards
😄 Austin Corbett
RG: John Feliciano
RT: Rob Havenstein

DE: Michael Brockers
NT: Sebastian Joseph-Day
DE: Aaron Donald
OLB: Terrell Lewis/Ade Okundeji
ILB: Micah Kiser/Troy Reeder
ILB: Troy Fields/Kenny Young
OLB: Ryan Kerrigan/Justin Hollins
CB: Jalen Ramsey
CB: Darious Williams
CB: David Long Jr./Terrell Burgess/Ambry Thomas/Daeyon
FS: Jordan Fuller
SS: Terrell Burgess/Taylor Rapp

K: Matt Gay
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide
KR: Ambry Thomas
PR: Ihmir Smith Marsette

This is just how I did the draft while going through the picks. Think it improves the OL and gives us a guard to develop and a future LT who can compete at LG for this year. Added to the LB with departures and to the DB's for the same. Replaced Brown and IMO upgraded from Reynolds and provided two guys who can return kicks/punts. 

Have at it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

I like it. Kerrigan is a great addition.  

need Goff to have someone backing him up who can put pressure on him 

And I've said it in multiple threads I don't think there's anybody good enough available that can put pressure on him. There are upgrades at backup available but nobody we can realistically acquire and afford is going to push him IMO.