Bears 2021 roster/trades/transactions

JAF-N72EX

On 4/17/2021 at 10:34 AM, soulman said:

Bears sign former 49'er WR Marquise Goodwin.  Back to scrapin' the scrap heap for cheap depth.  Looks like 2016 all over again.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/wr_marquise_goodwin_signs_one_year_contract_with_bears/s1_13132_34653509?utm_source=mb&utm_medium=email&mb_edition=20210417&mb_loc=right_h

I like Marquise Goodwin... curious what kind of shape he's in after sitting out last season, but regardless this kid can f-l-y.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, G08 said:

I like Marquise Goodwin... curious what kind of shape he's in after sitting out last season, but regardless this kid can f-l-y.

He is much faster than our current #4 and #5 WRs but not exactly a slot guy so if Miller is either gonna be traded or released we still need to draft a Slot WR.  I still see him as cheap depth though.

44 minutes ago, G08 said:

Agreed. This also smells like the Mike Davis signing while we were targeting a trade up for David Montgomery the whole time... 

Could be.  Seems both the Bears and GB have been sniffing around D'Wayne Eskridge pretty hard.  I could see that kid as a replacement for Patterson as a KR.

Part of story that is relevant:

Before Watson was besieged with legal problems, the Jets, Dolphins, Panthers, Broncos, 49ers, Patriots, Bears and Washington had shown interest. The Texans’ plan was to get the most serious teams into a bidding war before general manager Nick Caserio — with Cal McNair’s approval — accepted the best offer that, ideally, would have included at least three first-round picks, two second-round picks and a defensive starter.

I have and updated version finished but I don't have time to edit the OP tonight.

Cap space sits at about +$16M (not including the draft). 

Dalton (5M), Ifedi (1.5), Gipson (750k), Blackson (500k) are among the most recent players to receive voids in order to create an additional 7.8M space.  

As of now there are 12 players with voided contracts.

Mack: 1yr
Leno: 2 yr
Eddie: 1yr
DT: 3 yr
Dalton: 2 yr
Ifedi: 1 yr
Blackson: 1 yr
Gipson: 3 yr
Edwards: 2 yr
Attaochu: 2 yr
Santos: 2 yr
D. Williams: 3 yr

Glad to see Gibson get another shot.  He's a good stop-gap, and he earned it after a solid year. Besides, HHCD and Gipson have proven that we don't need to a star to play the opposite of Eddie....they just can't become a liability.

I'm legit worried about what the secondary is gonna look like without Fuller and how much more pressure is being put on Eddie now.  Might be time for him take the next step.  That's just a random thought that came to mind lol. We'll see.  

Goodwin's just a camp body IMO but he's a vet  player and competition is never a bad thing, esp at less than a 1M. If he can't beat out Ridley at this point then he shouldn't be here anyways.

On 4/30/2021 at 8:24 PM, TankWilliams said:

Are we still trying to dump Anthony Miller?  

I feel like the media might have over blown this.....at this point we missed out on the draft picks and Miller returns punts.......what would be the reason to get rid of him?

This whole draft I feel like was about competition....no more just handing guys jobs, no need to cut Miller just to do it