Bears 2021 roster/trades/transactions

JAF-N72EX

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Bears are releasing Buster Skrine

Not sure that's the best move. But...you have to justify drafting four corners every year, so here we are. 

12 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Bears hired Tom Herman

Saw that. Pace continues to mystify...

5 hours ago, Heinz D. said:
7 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Bears are releasing Buster Skrine

Not sure that's the best move.

Skrine is aging and was a liability last year and cutting him clears 2.7M in cap space. Vildor was drafted to replace him and he and Shelley (while still raw) played well enough to make Skrine expendable.

5 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Saw that. Pace continues to mystify...

Why? He's not a coach. He's only being brought in as an advisor. Can you explain what an NFL advisor does, because I can't?

He was the offensive coordinator and play caller on Ohio State’s 2014 national title team, which famously used three quarterbacks.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-former-texas-coach-tom-herman-to-join-chicago-bears-195526259.html

He fits right in with the Bears.

13 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

He was the offensive coordinator and play caller on Ohio State’s 2014 national title team, which famously used three quarterbacks.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-former-texas-coach-tom-herman-to-join-chicago-bears-195526259.html

He fits right in with the Bears.

He used 3 quarterbacks because the first 2 got her, forcing Cardale Jones to start and play the B10 championship game and the playoffs

On 3/2/2021 at 2:56 PM, HuskieBear said:

He used 3 quarterbacks because the first 2 got her, forcing Cardale Jones to start and play the B10 championship game and the playoffs

Nothing about that specific part of my post was meant to be taken serious. It was simply a shot at the team and their inability to find a real QB.

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I like this move...Herman may have failed at Texas but he had a ton of success outside of that...in an advisory role I don't see any downside.

im actually surprised herman didn't go to the "Saban School for Misfit Coaches" this year

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I like this move...Herman may have failed at Texas but he had a ton of success outside of that...in an advisory role I don't see any downside.

Same.

At best, we have a guy who has ties to numerous college coaches who may offer valuable insight on players heading into the draft that may pay off. At worst, he's only a bad advisor.

Biggs: Nagy likes Mustipher at center and Barrs could be in play for the RT position. I don´t know about the latter. He has been fine as a swing guard on the interior.

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2021/3/7/22317366/chicago-bears-could-the-interior-offensive-line-sam-mustipher-alex-bars-cody-whitehair-james-daniels

Nagy said that Alex Bars, who filled in on the interior a year ago at both center and guard, could be in the mix at right tackle in 2021. “The versatility and flexibility that he has is a huge advantage for him,” Nagy said.