Bears 2021 roster/trades/transactions

JAF-N72EX

Bears potential 2021 Offensive SL:

ARob or Golladay                           Leno     Daniels     Mustipher  Whitehair  Ifedi or Bars    Kmet/Graham                      Mooney

Miller/Ridley/Rookie                                 R. Wilson

Montgomery

Obvious weakness is still O line.   An upgrade over Leno would go a long way there to looking better.   I think Ifedi needs to be a priority resigning.  I think you can kiss 2021 number 1 and 2 and perhaps more in 2021 goodbye with any Wilson deal.    So I wouldn't expect instant rookie help.   

Skill positions across board would be massively improved with addition of Wilson over Trubisky/Foles.    Everyones stats would go up across board.

If we are in true operation save Pace/Nagy job, which you have to assume Pace and Nagy are in then:

Phase 1: Retain ARob or like talent.  check.

Phase 2: Obtain star QB.  Not check (yet)

Phase 3:  Get under cap and still manage to keep Hicks and Fuller and perhaps Graham.  

Phase 4:  Upgrade LT in some fashion and resign Ifedi  - may not get to phase 4 - at least not to LT.    

30 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

If we are in true operation save Pace/Nagy job, which you have to assume Pace and Nagy are in then:

Phase 1: Retain ARob or like talent.  check.

Phase 2: Obtain star QB.  Not check (yet)

Phase 3:  Get under cap and still manage to keep Hicks and Fuller and perhaps Graham.  

Phase 4:  Upgrade LT in some fashion and resign Ifedi  - may not get to phase 4 - at least not to LT.    

They may not get to phase 3. Getting under the cap and keeping those three players could be close to impossible.

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

They may not get to phase 3. Getting under the cap and keeping those three players could be close to impossible.

Not impossible at all.  Arobs 18M doesn't go into effect until the 17th.  Extending Fuller and Hicks will create 10-15M. I highly doubt they keep Graham. He's set to make 10M and Kmet has already started to weed him out late in the season.  That's 20-25M right there. And that's without even restructuring Mack.

If they keep Graham then they will extend him for much less than 10M.

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Did they end up actually releasing him? Or, is that yet to come? 

Yes, they did.

I'm going to update the OP tonight whenever I get time.  We finally hit the 51 player mark (52).  I was waiting until some moves were made instead of updating it every time someone sneezed.

@Ty21 @dll2000

I have no problem with our interior. Mustipher at center, Daniels at LG,  Whitehair at RG.  I'm fine with that. That's a pretty good IOL just as long as Mustipher continues to progress and Daniels stays healthy.

I'm not against replacing both Massie and Leno.  Cutting both would clear 11.6M in cap space with only 9M in dead cap. Add this to Skrine being cut and that would bring us to about 17M over the cap.  Arob's 18M tag puts us about 2M below cap (will do the actual figures tonight). Teams have to be above cap before the season begins.

If I had to choose between the two (which I think they will) then I'm almost kind of torn.

Both are in their early 30s.  Both would save about the same amount to cut (there's only a 800k difference).

If we're judging this based on performance over the last 2 years then I'm keeping Massie. He has solid when he is healthy (which is becoming a problem).   If we're judging this based on availability then it's Leno, hands down.

IMO, I will almost always choose availability over talent, but Leno has been terrible, so I'm sure what kind of talent is left there either.  When he's good, he can be very good.  But when he's bad, it's embarrassingly bad.  

But, on the other hand, a cheap 1 year Idefi showed out and proved how Massie is easily more replaceable than Leno is based on our current situation. We have more players who are fit to play RT than we do the LT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

If they keep Graham then they will extend him for much less than 10M.

He was more impactful last season than I expected, prolific with TDs all year, but I’d really like his last catch ever as a bear to be that one handed snag he just sprinted off the field after lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

He was more impactful last season than I expected, prolific with TDs all year, but I’d really like his last catch ever as a bear to be that one handed snag he just sprinted off the field after lol

I think he's gone.  I was against the signing too, and I will admit he did better than expected, but I also don't think he can replicate it either.  Especially since he didn't really have any competition at TE to start the season and this year he would.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Yes, they did.

I'm going to update the OP tonight whenever I get time.  We finally hit the 51 player mark (52).  I was waiting until some moves were made instead of updating it every time someone sneezed.

@Ty21 @dll2000

I have no problem with our interior. Mustipher at center, Daniels at LG,  Whitehair at RG.  I'm fine with that. That's a pretty good IOL just as long as Mustipher continues to progress and Daniels stays healthy.

I'm not against replacing both Massie and Leno.  Cutting both would clear 11.6M in cap space with only 9M in dead cap. Add this to Skrine being cut and that would bring us to about 17M over the cap.  Arob's 18M tag puts us about 2M below cap (will do the actual figures tonight). Teams have to be above cap before the season begins.

If I had to choose between the two (which I think they will) then I'm almost kind of torn.

Both are in their early 30s.  Both would save about the same amount to cut (there's only a 800k difference).

If we're judging this based on performance over the last 2 years then I'm keeping Massie. He has solid when he is healthy (which is becoming a problem).   If we're judging this based on availability then it's Leno, hands down.

IMO, I will almost always choose availability over talent, but Leno has been terrible, so I'm sure what kind of talent is left there either.  When he's good, he can be very good.  But when he's bad, it's embarrassingly bad.  

But, on the other hand, a cheap 1 year Idefi showed out and proved how Massie is easily more replaceable than Leno is based on our current situation. We have more players who are fit to play RT than we do the LT.

Bears have already leaked or said they are cutting Massie. 

Whenever I closely watch Leno I don’t know that whoever they replace him with will be better, but I don’t think they will be worse.

I can count several plays a game where he completely misses a block.   I can count several plays a game where he ends up on the ground.   A lot of times he puts himself on ground attempting to (unsuccessfully) dive at someone.

I have seen LBs put him on the ground.  Contrast that with Mooney who at like 170 lbs. is making effective blocks - even doing it inside the tackle box.   

To me it is a lot of unacceptable play I wouldn’t put up with from a child week to week without correction and improvement - much less a pro.  

• Like 1