Greg Williams as head coach?

hornbybrown

I'm starting to lose faith in Hue but I still have faith in the Front office and what's happening on defence.

if we do decide to make a change at HC after this season but retain the front office, I really hope that we go with Greg Williams as our next HC. It would mean we have continuity on the D and I think he has the goods to be a HC. 

Now Hue can still win me over but I'm not far off calling for his head.

thoughts? 

I think we really just need a very good and dynamic creative OC.  Hue can be a good HC, he is just greatly overwhelmed by his own design.  He needs to swallow his price and give up some responsibility and let someone else call the plays.

That said, I do not want to see Williams go anywhere.  He is the real deal.  If someone has to go though, sadly I do hope that its Hue and if it takes making Williams HC to keep him, then do it, and go get a very good, creative, possibly up and coming OC, and draft our QB with #1 overall, draft the best WR with Houston's round 1, then with our 3 picks in round 2, the best RB that we can get, and maybe a safety and or corner back depending on our the ones we have finishes the season, maybe just best player available.

With our defense, we are close.  Fix the offense to make it comparable to the defense and we are a force (and get a freaking kicker!  we screwed the pooch with that move.

PS, what about the next free agency?  I think we can add one or 2 top notch FAs as well and contend next year.  Big Ben retires, Cinci is declining I think, Ravens getting older.  Worst to first scenario?  That would be fun to watch.

For Williams to be a good HC, it would have to essentially be an opposite arrangement than we have now.

Now is a HC that is essentially hands off on the defense.  Williams is the coach of the defense while Hue is all offense and HC.

Williams would need a very strong OC I believe to run the offense while he would HC and run the defense. 

Because of that, I want to keep Williams as DC so he can focus on just that, tunnel vision, keep Hue as HC, and bring in a strong OC that can similarly focus just on the O and have tunnel vision on that side of the ball.

5 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

No way can he stay. The defense is actually coached and coordinated worse than the offense.

We dropped nose tackles into coverage more often than Jamie Collins today.

I hate him just about as much as I hate Hue. Which is a lot.

Sheesh man :D  it's time for a time out with you. Do like I've been doing. Substitute browns time with something you enjoy. I've found it so much easier that when I see garbage on the field, which admittedly has been well over a year now that I just leave hook up with friends and do what I enjoy. Admit I have a problem (the browns blow) and enjoy the freaking crap of what I enjoy. I've (except for today, today was depressing) had zero problem leaving the game and enjoying life. It's kind of like if you have a .270 and don't have any shells. Just get that BB gun and start plinking a wee bit closer. 

14 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

No way can he stay. The defense is actually coached and coordinated worse than the offense.

We dropped nose tackles into coverage more often than Jamie Collins today.

I hate him just about as much as I hate Hue. Which is a lot.

Yeah I'm actually of the belief this defense has a lot of talent and Greg Williams just gets in it's way.  I hate when we go soft zone and basically give QBs easy throws down the middle of the field.  We let Dalton pick us apart for Christ's sake.

Doesn't help our safety rotation and play is a mess.  Peppers has no instincts in coverage and for some reason Campbell gets on the field.  Stop this 25 yards back nonsense.

Peyton Manning Prez

Trade a 2nd to New Orleans for Sean Peyton HC reunite home with GWill

trade a 3rd and 4th for Alex Smith QB 

CB Trumaine Johnson

WR Davonte Adams 

1. Josh Rosen QB 

1. Tarvarus McFadden CB 

2. Sean Peyton HC

2. Trade 2nd and Josh Gordon for Stefon Diggs WR

2. Sony Micheal RB 

superb Owl 

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah I'm actually of the belief this defense has a lot of talent and Greg Williams just gets in it's way.  I hate when we go soft zone and basically give QBs easy throws down the middle of the field.  We let Dalton pick us apart for Christ's sake.

Doesn't help our safety rotation and play is a mess.  Peppers has no instincts in coverage and for some reason Campbell gets on the field.  Stop this 25 yards back nonsense.

I like a lot about our defense and I dislike a lot about our defense. 

McCourty is playing lights out. Myles is a true no1 overall pick, football is easy for him. If he is healthy next year he could get 20 sacks. 
Our run defense is legitimately good. 

collins and kirseys' roles are to gimicky for my liking. they have weird zones IMO they seem out of place. 

I knowwhat are safetys are doing pre snap most of the time.

Peppers doesn''t look fast. 

Archived