Kyle Rudolph Issue?

Illadelegend215

15 minutes ago, Boda said:

I guess this is where we differ because I want no part of Wilson.  I think its going to be another Ray Edwards situation where he's going to get paid and wont come anywhere near living up to the deal.  I also prefer Barr because he's better at everything except coverage & a lot of what he does goes un-noticed.  

For Harris I was thinking a max of 3.5M per year. If its 3.6M per I want no part of him.  I think he greatly benefited from the team around him and kind of showed who he really is this past season.  Get us some youth (Caden Sterns is my preference) & sign a different vet who should come in around that price or maybe lower in Sean Davis.

My ideal move for Rudolph would be to trade him somewhere for a 5th, I'd try my best to get a 4th or higher but I doubt that happens, we might not even get anything for him.

I won't be mad with a Barmore selection I just really like Jaylen Twyman.  I really believe we take a OL in the first this year unless someone drops(I hope they won't pass on Parsons if he's on the board.  I do think this draft offers us a lot of chances to rebuild on the fly as it's a deep OL WR & S class.  This is always my favorite time of the year

OL is actually not that deep this year. After Jackson Carman, there really isn’t any starting caliber guard in this draft. That’s why I really hope we get one early. I really like Slater and Vera-Tucker. Carman is good too. If we can trade back from #14 and get #25 and #33 from Jacksonville that would be perfect. Then I think we should go with LG and DE with the first two picks. We can get Twyman or Tufele in the 3rd round. This draft has a lot of talent. Twyman and Tufele would’ve been second rounders, at least, if they played last year. 

3 hours ago, Purplepride323 said:

OL is actually not that deep this year. After Jackson Carman, there really isn’t any starting caliber guard in this draft. That’s why I really hope we get one early. I really like Slater and Vera-Tucker. Carman is good too. If we can trade back from #14 and get #25 and #33 from Jacksonville that would be perfect. Then I think we should go with LG and DE with the first two picks. We can get Twyman or Tufele in the 3rd round. This draft has a lot of talent. Twyman and Tufele would’ve been second rounders, at least, if they played last year. 

I tend to disagree.  I had a bigger response but it got deleted so Im just going to list OL prospects I like in no particular order this time.

OG

Davis / Leatherwood / Carmen / Vera-Tucker /  Brown / Dickerson / Cleveland / Smith / Kraemer / Anderson / Hainsey

OT

Sewell / Slater / Eichenberg / Cosmi / Radunz / Mayfield / Darrisaw / Little / Van Lanen / Jackson / Young / Forsythe 

C

Humphrey / Myers / Jackson / Menet 

obviously some need more development than others & some have position flexibility such as Humphrey / Leatherwood & Carmen.

I do agree about Twyman & Tufele but Im hoping Twyman hype doesnt get too loud but I still think theres a good chance he still goes round 2

I don't ever expect a player to say I'm not worth what someone is paying me or I'm not still a good player. Everything he said made sense. Vikings offense is very run heavy with two good WR's. The offense doesn't give him chances. Still the Vikings should him or cut him. Vikings have a Irv waiting and you can't continue to stunt his growth playing behind Rudy. Also this team has needs and need cap space. I'm not upset at his comments but the Vikings shouldn't keep him.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 10:16 AM, RpMc said:

I'm in agreement with disaacs, that when he reaches the market and sees that his value, especially in a year like this with the cap dipping, perhaps significantly, is nowhere near what he's currently getting paid.

And that's probably true.  But if you're Kyle Rudolph and you see the writing on the wall with your targets going down and Minnesota wanting you to take a paycut.  Would you rather stay in Minnesota or position yourself to go to another team where your role on offense is a bit more defined and chase one more big payday?  Based on his comments, it seems the latter.

21 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And that's probably true.  But if you're Kyle Rudolph and you see the writing on the wall with your targets going down and Minnesota wanting you to take a paycut.  Would you rather stay in Minnesota or position yourself to go to another team where your role on offense is a bit more defined and chase one more big payday?  Based on his comments, it seems the latter.

I never said I didn’t understand where he was coming from. 

2 hours ago, RpMc said:

I never said I didn’t understand where he was coming from. 

Can’t imagine there are many teams out there who could pay Rudolph similar to his pay now and give him a starting gig given how cash strapped teams are expected to be this offseason. Rudolph isn’t a top tier FA. Probably not even a second tier FA. Rudolph needs to be comfortable sliding into a #2 spot and the pay that goes along with it, or call it a career. 

47 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Can’t imagine there are many teams out there who could pay Rudolph similar to his pay now and give him a starting gig given how cash strapped teams are expected to be this offseason. Rudolph isn’t a top tier FA. Probably not even a second tier FA. Rudolph needs to be comfortable sliding into a #2 spot and the pay that goes along with it, or call it a career. 

Rudolph should be able to get what the Bucs gave Gronkowski.

16 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Doubtful. Rudolph doesn’t have the resume that Gronkowski has, nor does he have the athleticism. Not to mention that he doesn’t have the benefit of being a QBs all-time favorite target. 

I’d be surprised to see him get more than what Vance McDonald or Tyler Eifert got. 

Edited by SemperFeist

18 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

If I had been eating anything when I read this, I probably would have spit it out.  I'd be surprised if he got anything more than about $6M, as Rudolph's contract as it current stands was already an average of what Gronk got.  

• Like 1

For the record, since it seems to be unclear to more than one person. I do not actually think that Rudolph will get anything close to what Gronk got.  There is not anyone that needs to be convinced of that. I am not as good at Internet sarcasm as Mr VikesBolts, who seem to have it down.  I have noticed some people pick up on sarcasm of mine on this board before but I think I misfired this time. Last time I believe I used italics and that probably helped people notice. By the third response to my post comparing Rudolph to Gronk I figure I better just clear it up.  Sorry about the confusion.

It is hard to say what Rudolph will get but I think reality will hit hard for him. No matter what he gets, it will not be anything close to Gronk money. I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign for less than $2M per year or retire if he is unwilling to play for $2M (must be nice).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

For the record, since it seems to be unclear to more than one person. I do not actually think that Rudolph will get anything close to what Gronk got.  There is not anyone that needs to be convinced of that. I am not as good at Internet sarcasm as Mr VikesBolts, who seem to have it down.  I have noticed some people pick up on sarcasm of mine on this board before but I think I misfired this time. Last time I believe I used italics and that probably helped people notice. By the third response to my post comparing Rudolph to Gronk I figure I better just clear it up.  Sorry about the confusion.

It is hard to say what Rudolph will get but I think reality will hit hard for him. No matter what he gets, it will not be anything close to Gronk money. I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign for less than $2M per year or retire if he is unwilling to play for $2M (must be nice).

All I know is Conklin filled in nicely when he was gone. Rudolph is as good as gone and I won’t really miss him. We need faster guys who can actually get open through the middle. Rudolph has lost too many steps. He’s only good in the red zone, but it doesn’t make sense to pay someone $8 million just to be a designated red zone target. $2 Million is what he actually deserves for a small role like that. 

6 hours ago, Purplepride323 said:

All I know is Conklin filled in nicely when he was gone. Rudolph is as good as gone and I won’t really miss him. We need faster guys who can actually get open through the middle. Rudolph has lost too many steps. He’s only good in the red zone, but it doesn’t make sense to pay someone $8 million just to be a designated red zone target. $2 Million is what he actually deserves for a small role like that. 

Seems Thielen was the go to guy in the redzone this year.