Kyle Rudolph Issue?

Illadelegend215

15 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

For the record, since it seems to be unclear to more than one person. I do not actually think that Rudolph will get anything close to what Gronk got.  There is not anyone that needs to be convinced of that. I am not as good at Internet sarcasm as Mr VikesBolts, who seem to have it down.  I have noticed some people pick up on sarcasm of mine on this board before but I think I misfired this time. Last time I believe I used italics and that probably helped people notice. By the third response to my post comparing Rudolph to Gronk I figure I better just clear it up.  Sorry about the confusion.

It is hard to say what Rudolph will get but I think reality will hit hard for him. No matter what he gets, it will not be anything close to Gronk money. I wouldn't be shocked to see him sign for less than $2M per year or retire if he is unwilling to play for $2M (must be nice).

😉 would signify it as being sarcasm...  😆

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, swede700 said:

😉 would signify it as being sarcasm...  😆

I was hoping my lesson would come from Mr VikesBolts as I consider him to have the highest sarcasm skill on the board. Since he didn't see me as a being a worthwhile student I appreciate your advice. I'll have to admit, my inability to use or understand the smileys goes far beyond the sarcasm smiley. Now if I can remember that one I'll know it is sarcasm next time I see the wink smiley. 

But then I am not sure what to think about your post since you ended it with another smiley that I don't understand. I am old and I know all the whippersnappers can communicate almost exclusively with those symbols. It is still a foreign language to me. I was led to believe that you were as old, or maybe a hair older than me. Congrats on picking up the foreign language. I don't know many my age that were able to learn it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I was hoping my lesson would come from Mr VikesBolts as I consider him to have the highest sarcasm skill on the board. Since he didn't see me as a being a worthwhile student I appreciate your advice. I'll have to admit, my inability to use or understand the smileys goes far beyond the sarcasm smiley. Now if I can remember that one I'll know it is sarcasm next time I see the wink smiley. 

But then I am not sure what to think about your post since you ended it with another smiley that I don't understand. I am old and I know all the whippersnappers can communicate almost exclusively with those symbols. It is still a foreign language to me. I was led to believe that you were as old, or maybe a hair older than me. Congrats on picking up the foreign language. I don't know many my age that were able to learn it.

I'm in my late 40s...it's okay...it's not the easiest thing to pick up sarcasm.  My mother, in her 70s, still can't use a computer at all that well, but yet my wife's grandmother, in her 90s, can do it all...she can even text.  It took me awhile to learn the text language, and I still have to look up some of the acronyms, since AFAIK they're not always that obvious.  🤣