The WFT TCMD Thread - "Oh look, we hired two more incompetent GMs - MikeT14 and MKnight82!"

MikeT14

With the 242nd pick (7th round/17th pick), the Washington Football Team selects Khalil Herbert, RB, Virginia Tech

Khalil-Herbert-1-VT-UNC-2020-From-ACC_61

Before you say homer pick, this is a guy that should go early-ish Day 3 in the draft. He can be our Peyton Barber type back, and we never know if Love will see the field. 

In 11 games in 2020, Herbert logged 165 touches from scrimmage, tallying 1,362 yards with nine touchdowns. Herbert is a disciplined runner that plays within himself, has good vision, takes excellent angles, has good contact balance, and is a smooth operator. While he’s a good athlete, he isn’t overly dynamic—Herbert’s big plays come because of his decision making and how he sets up tacklers in space with smart cuts in addition to his sufficient burst. What Herbert is lacking is a proven ability to contribute on passing downs.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/khalil-herbert/J69jmsnBAY

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

@Thaiphoon - I wanted to 100% draft Liam Fornadel for this, but I wasn't putting two and two together on this spring season and not being in the draft. 

Yeah... :(

Check this block out in this link. Dude is a beast and I hope the team takes a chance and grabs him Day 2 or 3.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/liam-fornadel/

This pretty much wraps it up for us. Thanks again to @MKnight82 for your assistance. I look forward to what you will do in the FFMD one and we can compare. 

I am still very pleased with what we accomplished. Our cap was a little different than the IRL one, but if you went by that, we're still $5 million under and I would expect it to shoot up again in 2022. 

I am pleased we have another QB to develop now. Not all of you love him, and that's fine - I get it. We worked with what we have though. And lest we forget, MKnight finagled another 1st rounder for us in 2022 in doing so. The additions of Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Tyler Kroft, Albert O give Jones or Heinicke or whomever some serious weapons to work with. Our line remains the same until Fisher comes back. I beefed it up some with some late round filler - but those are guys that could make the roster. 

I think we took a good defense and made it great. We went from a formidable front four to a formidable front 7. The additions of Milano and McKinney are fantastic. There is depth behind them too. We added what might be a legit starting FS in Ford. I think we failed some at corner, but we will see. 

By my count we added 3-4 starters on defense (Milano, McKinney, and McCourty) and possible our nickel (competition between Skrine, Thomas, and Moreland). I'd also say Paris Ford has a real shot at FS. 

On offense, we added 3 as well - Moore in the slot, Fisher at LT when he returns, and Corey Davis. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

So what's his deal then? Will he be back in the fall to play for JMU? Or just prepare for the 2022 draft?

No. He was a senior this year (20-21). I think he's done at the end of the Spring season in terms of eligibility. Not sure on the rules regarding drafting a player who is still in Spring football season (the FCS did a one-off season this Spring since they couldn't last Fall).

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

This pretty much wraps it up for us. Thanks again to @MKnight82 for your assistance. I look forward to what you will do in the FFMD one and we can compare. 

I am still very pleased with what we accomplished. Our cap was a little different than the IRL one, but if you went by that, we're still $5 million under and I would expect it to shoot up again in 2022. 

I am pleased we have another QB to develop now. Not all of you love him, and that's fine - I get it. We worked with what we have though. And lest we forget, MKnight finagled another 1st rounder for us in 2022 in doing so. The additions of Elijah Moore, Corey Davis, Tyler Kroft, Albert O give Jones or Heinicke or whomever some serious weapons to work with. Our line remains the same until Fisher comes back. I beefed it up some with some late round filler - but those are guys that could make the roster. 

I think we took a good defense and made it great. We went from a formidable front four to a formidable front 7. The additions of Milano and McKinney are fantastic. There is depth behind them too. We added what might be a legit starting FS in Ford. I think we failed some at corner, but we will see. 

By my count we added 3-4 starters on defense (Milano, McKinney, and McCourty) and possible our nickel (competition between Skrine, Thomas, and Moreland). I'd also say Paris Ford has a real shot at FS. 

On offense, we added 3 as well - Moore in the slot, Fisher at LT when he returns, and Corey Davis. 

Well done! Now send this to Ashburn!

On 3/5/2021 at 10:37 AM, MKnight82 said:

@Woz thoughts on Snowden's position for us?  I'm leaning towards linebacker.  

He would have to put on like 40 lbs at least to play hand in the dirt. Don't know if he can with that frame. Now, if he could and maintain speed, he would be in the same ball park (from an athletic frame perspective) to Julius Peppers.

He could be intriguing as a backup to Chase Young, but I think I would put him at LB to take advantage of him.