B Stan's Mock Offseason 1.0

This is what I would do If I were Snead and McVay. My longshot dream is Watson, but I do not think we have the ammunition to outbid the likes of NYJ and MIA so we go in a different direction. I’m of the belief that McVay is frustrated with Goff and would prefer a QB that is better suited to move the pocket and potentially break for a run every now and then so that we are not heavily reliant on the run game. It’s not realistic to consistently execute 10-15 play drives and then walk away with FG’s. Goff refuses to restructure his deal and we decide to get what we can and go in a different direction.

**TRADE NE Trade # 46 Overall for Jared Goff**

Bill Belicheck goes to find another pocket passer to replace Tom Brady. Someone who can get the ball out of his hands quickly and loves his slots WR/TE’s. The Pats are expected to be uncharacteristically aggressive this offseason and this is one of their big splashes/

**TRADE LA Rams Trade #57 to the NYJ for Sam Darnold**

McVay sees an opportunity to get an accurate QB with undervalued mobility to run his offense. Darnold has been surrounded with very little to work on all fronts: lack of running game, no talent at WR outside of Crowder, a revolving door offensive line, and direction from Adam Gase and Todd Bowles. It’s been lackluster to say the least. The Rams can try out Darnold while on the 4th year of his deal and decide if they want to pick up his 5th year option.

Departing Free Agents

OLB Leonard Floyd

SS John Johnson III

CB Troy Hill

OL Austin Blythe

HB Malcolm Brown

TE Gerald Everett

WR Josh Reynolds

DL Morgan Fox

OLB Samson Ebukam

Resignings

LS Jake McQuaide

CB Darious Williams

ILB Travin Howard

OL Coleman Shelton

TE Johnny Mundt

FA Signings

Haason Reddick-He’s finally transitioned from OLB to EDGE and would be a great complimentary piece as a #2 pass rusher.

Larry Wolford- Credit to @Jrry for this one. I agree with his assessment.

Charles Harris- Former 1st round pick in Miami, Harris never panned out. However, he put 3 sacks, 5QB Hits, and 2 pass def in 13 games last year. He will likely come very cheap. At 6’3 252lb he will be our 3rd or 4th EDGE option.

Darqueze Denard- Denard follows Morris out West to become our 3rd CB and fill in for Troy Hill.

NFL Draft

#46 from Pats:  Dylan Moses, ILB, Alabama

3rd round pick (89): Aaron Banks, G, Notre Dame

3rd round comp pick: Hamlicar Rashed, OLB, Oregon State

4th round comp pick: TUTU Atwell, WR, Louisville

I can’t mock any more than this lol

Projected Starters

QB: Sam Darnold

HB: Cam Akers

WR: Cooper Kupp

WR: Robert Woods

WR: Van Jefferson

WR: TUTU Atwell

TE: Tyler Higbee

LT: Andrew Whitworth

LG: Larry Wolford

😄 Austin Corbett

RG: Aaron Banks

RT: Rob Havenstein

DE: Michael Brockers

NT: Sebastian Joseph-Day

DE: Aaron Donald

OLB: Terrell Lewis

ILB: Micah Kiser

ILB: Dylan Moses

OLB: Haason Reddick

CB: Jalen Ramsey

CB: Darious Williams

CB: Darqueze Dennard

FS: Jordan Fuller

SS: Terrell Burgess vs. Taylor Rapp

K: Matt Gay

P: Johnny Hekker

LS: Jake McQuaide

KR: Darryl Henderson

PR: TUTU Atwell

Edited by BStanRamFan
8 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Pass but thanks for the effort putting this together. 

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Sorry, the Darnold/Goff angle just ruins it for me.

Appreciate it. Shocked you guys even responded. I'm just off of Goff and looking for ways to move on. If you still believe in him then I understand why you wouldn't be for this.

Any feedback on the draftpicks or FA's? 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Appreciate it. Shocked you guys even responded. I'm just off of Goff and looking for ways to move on. If you still believe in him then I understand why you wouldn't be for this.

No complaints there. Moses is an upside play. Thought he wasn't very impressive this year, but he's also a guy who is still developing and has massive upside. Reddick might end up getting priced out of our range, but it's hard to say because of his lack of scheme versatility and traditional EDGE size.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The FA all make sense. I’d love for Harris to figure it out, but it’s a long shot at this point, but he’d come cheap. Good option. 

I looked into some of the DBs from ATL, but I’m worried they may price themselves out of our range. But if we can swing it great. 

As far as the draft, I’ve often thought of Moses on this roster, I’m just not sure he will ever make it back to what he was pre injury, and I’m worried it will shorten his career. 

I like the idea of Banks, but I’m not sure the ND lineman will stand out on their own, and they are more of a unit when it comes to their success. Don’t love what I’ve read about him in Sr Bowl practices. I’m just not sure he’s athletic enough. Might be better suited in a power scheme

Unfortunately Hamilcar is a one trick pony, feels like there will be better options in that range. And I am impressed with Tutu, but he might be creeping up the draft, not as much as Toney has, but I’ve seen atleast one person put him in the first. 

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Moses is a shot at a very good player and Brown has some good tape and is looking good in the Senior Bowl practices. Not sure we can afford Reddick but like a lot around here I wanted us to draft him. Worford is a good gamble to take but not too high on Dennard but he'd be our 3rd CB so that's not too bad. Don't know much about Rashad and Atwell. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

This is what I would do If I were Snead and McVay. My longshot dream is Watson, but I do not think we have the ammunition to outbid the likes of NYJ and MIA so we go in a different direction. I’m of the belief that McVay is frustrated with Goff and would prefer a QB that is better suited to move the pocket and potentially break for a run every now and then so that we are not heavily reliant on the run game. It’s not realistic to consistently execute 10-15 play drives and then walk away with FG’s. Goff refuses to restructure his deal and we decide to get what we can and go in a different direction.

**TRADE NE Trade # 46 Overall for Jared Goff**

Bill Belicheck goes to find another pocket passer to replace Tom Brady. Someone who can get the ball out of his hands quickly and loves his slots WR/TE’s. The Pats are expected to be uncharacteristically aggressive this offseason and this is one of their big splashes/

**TRADE LA Rams Trade #57 to the NYJ for Sam Darnold**

McVay sees an opportunity to get an accurate QB with undervalued mobility to run his offense. Darnold has been surrounded with very little to work on all fronts: lack of running game, no talent at WR outside of Crowder, a revolving door offensive line, and direction from Adam Gase and Todd Bowles. It’s been lackluster to say the least. The Rams can try out Darnold while on the 4th year of his deal and decide if they want to pick up his 5th year option.

Departing Free Agents

OLB Leonard Floyd

SS John Johnson III

CB Troy Hill

OL Austin Blythe

HB Malcolm Brown

TE Gerald Everett

WR Josh Reynolds

DL Morgan Fox

OLB Samson Ebukam

Resignings

LS Jake McQuaide

CB Darious Williams

ILB Travin Howard

OL Coleman Shelton

TE Johnny Mundt

FA Signings

Haason Reddick-He’s finally transitioned from OLB to EDGE and would be a great complimentary piece as a #2 pass rusher.

Larry Wolford- Credit to @Jrry for this one. I agree with his assessment.

Charles Harris- Former 1st round pick in Miami, Harris never panned out. However, he put 3 sacks, 5QB Hits, and 2 pass def in 13 games last year. He will likely come very cheap. At 6’3 252lb he will be our 3rd or 4th EDGE option.

Darqueze Denard- Denard follows Morris out West to become our 3rd CB and fill in for Troy Hill.

NFL Draft

#46 from Pats:  Dylan Moses, ILB, Alabama

3rd round pick (89): Aaron Banks, G, Notre Dame

3rd round comp pick: Hamlicar Rashed, OLB, Oregon State

4th round comp pick: TUTU Atwell, WR, Louisville

I can’t mock any more than this lol

Projected Starters

QB: Sam Darnold

HB: Cam Akers

WR: Cooper Kupp

WR: Robert Woods

WR: Van Jefferson

WR: TUTU Atwell

TE: Tyler Higbee

LT: Andrew Whitworth

LG: Larry Wolford

😄 Austin Corbett

RG: Aaron Banks

RT: Rob Havenstein

DE: Michael Brockers

NT: Sebastian Joseph-Day

DE: Aaron Donald

OLB: Terrell Lewis

ILB: Micah Kiser

ILB: Dylan Moses

OLB: Haason Reddick

CB: Jalen Ramsey

CB: Darious Williams

CB: Darqueze Dennard

FS: Jordan Fuller

SS: Terrell Burgess vs. Taylor Rapp

K: Matt Gay

P: Johnny Hekker

LS: Jake McQuaide

KR: Darryl Henderson

PR: TUTU Atwell

While I can agree with you on Goff over extending his stay,  both of those above statements are super untrue