Tcmd - 2021 (Steelers Select Alim mcneil with their 2nd)

Cbrunn

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

What kind of salary are you taking on?  Could be worth it.

As of right now 14.5 but he's in the last year and his apy is 12 , so could extend him to knock that cap hit down for this year 

Ok we can keep Chuck's at RT and back out on feiler and maybe go cam , or trade for Smith ...and go big on a pass rusher? 

If it all works out could have a line like 

Cam or Smith / Dotson / Pocic / decastro / Chuck's 

Or look to bring back AV at like a 5 apy , or try to look at Beachum who is a ok LT for like 5 apy

Edited by Cbrunn

1 hour ago, Cbrunn said:

Banner over feiler? To play RT, and feiler could slide in to guard in a pinch

And you read my mind I was thinking Holland or Shaun Wade to play the slot, signing darqueze danard to man that position helps, but those guys seem like top tier slot guys.

I think Banner is cheap and can be the swing tackle.  I am not sold on Chucks at LT but it would be his better position.  I think Banner can also play both tackle slots  but might be a better fit at RT.  Not worried about money then you go with Feiler for flexibility.

• Like 1

They basically want like mid/late 4th Rd value for Donovan Smith 

Basically something like this is what they offered ( we could probably simplify it)

TB gives Smith and 5th rounder

Steelers give 4th and 6th

teams swap 3rd round pick (mine is either94 or 95) 

cost us 14.5 this year , unless we extend which would be 12ish apy (1st year hit would be up in the air)

Edited by Cbrunn

How about that ekelar for that very late 3rd we just swapped for? 

I vote yeah, basically 4 , 5 , 5 for the next 3 years ... That's a very doable salary 

We did have like 35 left , and with taking on d Smith and ekelar we will be around 15 left  (that's without extended d Smith)

He is better than what the Steelers would get there.  unless you are going to target a RB in the 1st 2 rounds.

Harris, Etienne and Williams would all be good but they will need a higher 2nd to get any of them

Edited by jebrick

2 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Saquon Barkley is on the block for basically a 1st Rd value, or WR or tackle of that ability. 

He'd cost us basically 4 mill this year, but be up for a big extension next year

I love Saquon, and he is a special talent....but I dont know if his knees are going to hold up much longer.   There is a reason they are trading him.   

I wouldnt hate it, but Id be a nervous wreck about it.

If we were to keep Juju, Id say something like a 2nd and James Washington would be a better trade, but I dont know if theyd accept that, even though its a pretty solid deal.    I think Washington could have more success on another team that isnt so deep at WR.