Tcmd - 2021 (Steelers Select Alim mcneil with their 2nd)

Cbrunn

49 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

he really improved, but what will he lose to the knife? Then next year pay Watt. That would be nice, but if ben has a good year, expect him to ask for another deal. 

We're about have bud locked up at 15.5 apy and just locked up TJ for 21 apy 

Cap of 205 mil really helped , which might me a little higher but I think it'll come in higher then the 180 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jebrick said:

The only one that might fall is Mac Jones.  I like him and think he would be a very good QB.  I think of he falls out of the top 10 then the  Falcons will target him in Rd2.

In that case I think I'd pass in this , QBs tend to drop in ffmd though so we'll see

Irl maybe a different story but

Bud also is wanting 21apy like watt now ... Not sure why but I'm not going to fus to much about it ... Will have his current yr hit from 21 down to 9 once we can submit those extensions 

So we should have roughly 21ish mil for FA, which is a good bit and can maybe try to sign 1 bigger name guy

Edited by Cbrunn

I'm really looking at S John Johnson in FA , at around 8 apy , he'd be an immediate upgrade over Edmunds 

Johnson would be more of a luxury signing, but he's one of the best coverage safeties and would pair nicely with Fitzpatrick for the long haul.

Maybe could even flip Edmunds for a 3rd or something

On 2/3/2021 at 5:11 AM, Cbrunn said:

We're about have bud locked up at 15.5 apy and just locked up TJ for 21 apy 

Cap of 205 mil really helped , which might me a little higher but I think it'll come in higher then the 180 

this is what most here want, but remember, ben wants pouncey and JJSS , so how will this play out? There isn't the cap  for all of them is there?

What do you guys think of Julian love to come in and play the Mike Hilton role?

We can get love for James Washington.

I think I'm for it ... We'd create a 3rd WR hole but we could fill that in FA or the Draft maybe ... Or we could bring in Christian Kirk for a 4th rounder 

So ultimately the 2 trades could look 

Washington + 4th for Christian Kirk + Julian love 

Or we might be able to get Marquise brown , they wanted a swap of 1sts and a 3rd...but since we don't have a 3rd a swap of 1sts and a 4th might get it done

Edited by Cbrunn

12 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Just try not to go into the draft with a hole in the lineup.  I like Washington and I am not seeing any trade that is improving over him.  MB would not fill the same role.  He would be more of the D. Johnson role.

I'm with this.  Plus with Juju being a FA, losing one of the top 3 WR's without a plan to improve upon it isn't really a worthy move to me.  Plus I think that if I'm moving Washington, I think DB would be my target for return.  A good DB at a similar cap hit really frees up the ability to spend on a WR.

My bad guys I didn't hear anything and got bored and went ahead and swapped Washington for Julian Love.

I really think love can replace Hilton(was a big fan when be came out) , and have a shot to compete outside next year with potentially losing Haden and Nelson.

With that said I know I created a hole at WR now and that's not good, but we do have money we can spend and I'm looking at possibly going after Curtis Samuel but right now he wants 17apy which is just too much ... Same with Juju 

Looking for a WR to fit the Matt Canada offense, a motion WR who can take handoffs and also catch passes that's why I like Curtis Samuel or even Kenneth gainwell or rondale Moore in the draft.

I'll not target John Johnson and just rock with Edmunds since I created a hole at WR hahaha 

So looking over the fa sheet WRs are expecting a lot 

AB (6apy , would we dare bring brown back) 

Cordarell Patterson (1.5 apy) my cheapie favorite 

Breshard perriman (11apy) 

Corey Davis (17 apy) 

Curtis Samuel (17 apy) 

Dede Westbrook (vet min) 2ns favorite cheapie 

Desean Jackson (4 apy)

Emanuel Sanders (15 apy)

John Ross (vet min)

Juju (17apy)

Rashard Higgins (4 apy)