Tcmd - 2021 (Steelers Select Alim mcneil with their 2nd)

Cbrunn

If we get all 3 of our 1st round targets we'd be at 15 mill left so spend

Nobody is bidding on our Targets you but I assume that'll change 

Anybody want to look over the list and give an input on who to Target please feel free.

As of now it's a C , RT and a TE

Edited by Cbrunn

Any input on who we should try to get, the FA list is in the 1st post. 

We have a good bit of money to still spend. 

I was thinking about maybe someone like CB Sidney Jones , if healthy he's a good CB , question is when healthy...but give us a possible cheaper option for next year when guys contracts are up. 

Then someone like Ryan karrigan on like a 5apy as a 4th pass rusher and someone to help develop Highsmith ...can never have to much pass rushers 

Then cordarell Patterson as a 4th/5th WR and returner ... I think his fit in Canada offense is perfect

Edited by Cbrunn

Some off the cuff suggestions:

S Will Parks.  Big Nickel could be a thing

S Keanu Neal.

43 OLB Anthony Walker Jr.  I feel he could play 34 ILB and would be a good fit with Bush.  Theoretically could trade Williams then.

I'm down with the 34 OLB Ryan Kerigan thought.  Looks like Matt Judon is unsigned still....this would be a better target IMO.

34 DT Brandon Williams.

WR AJ Green.

RB Aaron Jones.

It reads like you only get 3 to go after.  I'd do 2 defense, 1 offense.  So:

34 OLB Matt Judon, 34 DT Brandon Wiliams, RB Aaron Jones

Yeah 3 and 1 resign

You like Anthony Walker over Denzel perriman? 

Thing with judon is I'm pretty sure he wants like 13 apy and would be be happy with being a 4th OLB , we already got watt, Budd and Highsmith locked up on multi year deals 

Same thing with Aaron Jones 10mil apy, but we did get Austin ekelar, I mean that would be a terrific duo but you think they'd both be happy? 

At nt we did get Malcolm Brown from the saints for a 7th

Edited by Cbrunn

29 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

Yeah 3 and 1 resign

You like Anthony Walker over Denzel perriman? 

Thing with judon is I'm pretty sure he wants like 13 apy and would be be happy with being a 4th OLB , we already got watt, Budd and Highsmith locked up on multi year deals 

Same thing with Aaron Jones 10mil apy, but we did get Austin ekelar, I mean that would be a terrific duo but you think they'd both be happy? 

At nt we did get Malcolm Brown from the saints for a 7th

My bad, I was working off what was on the 1st page.  

Ekeler shouldn't deter you from Aaron Jones.  That would be an amazing 1-2 punch out of the backfield.  Ekeler being a change of pace is where he was better and put up better per play stats anyways.

Yes I would go Walker over Perryman.  I think Walker is criminally underrated and might be able to get him cheaper because of that.

Didn't realize the Brown trade went down, I'd use the resign on Alualu then as a rotational DL player.

So revised targets would be:

Aaron Jones

Anthony Walker

Keanu Neal

Tyson Alualu

So after adding Aaron Jones for a 5 year like 60mil contract . 

He has 1 other team interested so far, which I'm assuming is the Packers reserve bid (which they get a bonus on) so I'm up like 17% over his expected APY 

1st year hit of 7 mil ... Would only leave us with 13 mil to spend. 

Anthony Walker wants 6 apy right now, not worth it in my opinion 

Alualu wants 6 apy right now , not worth it in my opinion 

I'd really like to try to gamble on a CB that way next year we have at least 1 guy available under contract (2 with adding Julian Love) 

Neal while I like him , does he bring anything different to the table than Edmunds? Neal is asking 4 apy right now

If Perryman is asking for less target him.  I think that you should explore some maybe upgrading over Williams TBH.

I think that the way Alualu has played NT, DT, DE for us it's something to consider as worth it TBH.  6 apy for him to be a backup is worth it to me.

Keanu Neal is a good backup IMO.  We really don't have depth behind Edmunds and Fitzpatrick, and Neal could be a decent depth piece like that.

If you would like to gamble on CB, Jourdan Lewis would be one worth gambling on.  Quinton Dunbar.  PJ Williams for the value.  Honestly not too much to get excited about at CB IMO.

Some guys that stand out are 

Prince tega wanogho minimum

Calais Campbell 7.5 apy 

Jayon brown 6.6apy

Brian pool 6.4

Kevin King , gareon Conley, Jordan Lewis all 6.4

Vernon Hargreaves , Sidney Jones, cam Sutton all 4.8

Nickel Roby Coleman , Fabian moreau 1.3